Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Before WrestleMania 33, I thought WrestleMania 24 had the best WM stage design of all-time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

19 also gave us that great image of Vince, face covered in blood, looking evil as hell.

wmania14.jpg?w=1000

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The only issue I have with 19 is the execution: everything seemed to fall just short of expectations. Rock/Austin is the only match that gets better with time, but I remember watching it live and the fact you didn't know it was Austin's last match just left the whole thing feeling a bit off. Hogan/Vince was really good but comes across random upon rewatches, like the Piper interference doesn't work without the "oh **** what's Piper doing there?!" surprise: he just shows up out of shape, telegraphs his turn in a really obvious way then leaves, and it doesn't even finish the match so ultimately it's inconsequential. HBK/Jericho was good but one of those matches where you expect a 5-star and get a 4-star: you feel spoiled for complaining but it just doesn't hit in the way you want it to. Angle/Lesnar is well-documented and as good as they could do given Angle's health issues and Lesnar's botch. Triple H/Booker is one of the most ill-advised booking decisions in WWE history. It's a very good show, but you can't help but feel with that line-up it should be better than 17.

21 is one that doesn't get talked about enough: first Cena/Batista title wins, first MITB, Angle/HBK, Taker/Orton, a really cool set that fit in with the class WrestleMania Goes Hollywood marketing ("Are you talking to me?"). Fantastic show. 22 is also sneaky good too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My favourite of those "wwe goes Hollywood" bits was HHH doing Braveheart. The reveal that he was just talking to Flair with a donkey was great :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Seeing the Bludgeon Brothers debut this week, I took to wikipedia just to look at Harper again.

Made me really think about the Wyatt family. They had a good run but in hindsight (especially the way Braun has played out) I really wish they strapped a rocket to them and fired 'em it to the moon. Gave Bray the ball and let him run.

wwe-rumors-plans-the-wyatt-family-wrestlemania-32-travesty-shocking.jpg

That right there is a badass faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ I agree. Had WWE gotten behind them a few years ago around the time Bray was feuding with Daniel Bryan, they could have been really awesome. I could see Bray going from defeating Daniel Bryan at Royal Rumble, to defeating John Cena at Wrestlemania and then build on from there. Have Bray become WWE Champion, and Harper and Rowan could hold the tag team championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

At least we got Braun Strowman from The Wyatt Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    At least we got Braun Strowman in spite of the Wyatt Family.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bray seems to be on the missing list again but will prob appear and go after someone

poor Matt Hardy seems to be out of favour a bit recently. are they waiting for the broken gimmick to get the all clear ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I must be missing something because to me Bray Wyatt has stunk up the joint for the past year. His feud with Orton was abysmal, and his feud with Balor was the worst thing to happen to Balor since he was called up to the main roster. The abrupt halt of that rivalry was a blessing for Finn.

I don't get why anyone would want more from Bray. I just zone out of his promos at this point because it's the same rambling stuff I've heard before. As a wrestler he's not very good and I can't think of many singles matches involving him that I've enjoyed. Everyone who feuds with him seems to stagnate rather than be elevated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Much like New Day, The Shield first time around, I often wonder why WWE hold back and or break up groups without giving someone a super push

With the fun New Day have, Big E could be great as WWE champ and still be allied with Woods, Kofi.

Roman could have got over huge if he was still with Rollins and Ambrose before they eventually feuded with each other.

I must be missing something because to me Bray Wyatt has stunk up the joint for the past year. His feud with Orton was abysmal, and his feud with Balor was the worst thing to happen to Balor since he was called up to the main roster. The abrupt halt of that rivalry was a blessing for Finn.

I don't get why anyone would want more from Bray. I just zone out of his promos at this point because it's the same rambling stuff I've heard before. As a wrestler he's not very good and I can't think of many singles matches involving him that I've enjoyed. Everyone who feuds with him seems to stagnate rather than be elevated.

I think there was a point where Bray was great, and had promise. Now though, he's a bit of a joke to me. Won his first world title, lost it after a month or so, never even got a rematch. His promos just blur into each other now, it's the same rambling nonsense. He loses almost every feud he's been in, I can't say I remember the last long term feud he won, and anyone that is feuding with him just feels like they are being dragged down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bray seems to be on the missing list again but will prob appear and go after someone

Can't remember who he fought but he was back a couple weeks ago, the same week all the sick people returned

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I badly badly wanted Cult vs Authority. Would've been savage.

uJgtSfWkqAAqA.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The thing with bray is every couple of months theres something good with him even the Orton storyline started off well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If Taker returns and cuts a promo it would be magic if the crowd chanted What? and shut the fcuk up at him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If Taker returns and cuts a promo it would be magic if the crowd chanted What? and shut the fcuk up at him.

"Say 'What?' if you like to sleep with your own sister"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He responded to it before, brilliantly...

Probably couldn't get away with that these days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Randomly popped into my head tonight the last man standing at WM 10,20 & 30 have all had a tragic end to their career.

Bret Hart, Chris Benoit and Daniel Bryan.

• Advertisement

Parellels between them are unreal.

WM10 and WM20 both saw smaller Canadian workhorses raise the title at Madison Square Garden after winning the Royal Rumble.

WM10 and WM 30 both saw the winner pull double duty on the night, both opening and closing the show.

WM20 and WM30 both saw the eventual champion tapping out HHH on the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Want to see Big E pushed to the very top. Guy has a bit of everything.

Reminds me of Angle in persona. Can be very funny, very silly or can be very serious.

One of the things missing in WWE at the top is fun. He could be a guy who could have a lot of fun but come bell time has a credibility to easily switch into having a serious bout.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Want to see Big E pushed to the very top. Guy has a bit of everything.

Reminds me of Angle in persona. Can be very funny, very silly or can be very serious.

One of the things missing in WWE at the top is fun. He could be a guy who could have a lot of fun but come bell time has a credibility to easily switch into having a serious bout.

I predicted last year that he'd have a Rumble moment where he becomes a monster and breaks out, like that year Reigns did where everyone loved him. Maybe it'll happen this year but it's 100% going to happen sometime. You know the way in the Rumble final 4 there's generally someone completely random to make it interesting? That'll be Big E sometime. I hope he makes the most of it when he does get the shot because I completely agree with what you say, and I'd love to see a singles run without him having to ditch New Day altogether. They should learn from Cass' push last year that if you strip away what made someone likeable by splitting them from a successful team, you're just left with a generic end product that you have to start from scratch with again.

I've been on the Big E hype train for the last few years he has it all

leggo wrote: »
    I predicted last year that he'd have a Rumble moment where he becomes a monster and breaks out, like that year Reigns did where everyone loved him. Maybe it'll happen this year but it's 100% going to happen sometime. You know the way in the Rumble final 4 there's generally someone completely random to make it interesting? That'll be Big E sometime. I hope he makes the most of it when he does get the shot because I completely agree with what you say, and I'd love to see a singles run without him having to ditch New Day altogether. They should learn from Cass' push last year that if you strip away what made someone likeable by splitting them from a successful team, you're just left with a generic end product that you have to start from scratch with again.

What would you think of Kofi getting a title programme or chase while New Day supports him?

Omackeral wrote: »
    What would you think of Kofi getting a title programme or chase while New Day supports him?

He's no Big E.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Couldn't see any of the New Day getting a big push. WWE are happy with their catchphrase heavy stuff to flog any tack given to sell.
    Against the Shield they looked so far below them I wished they didn't change the match with the Usos. This was against Reigns who the fans just won't warm too & Ambrose, Rollins who both had lukewarm main event runs (hence the reunion).
    I'd rather WWE push Rusev but he & New Day are closer to comedy acts than main renters in their current guise.

Omackeral wrote: »

You could absolutely do it as a one-off to a SD PPV, he's got the tenure to deserve it and the goodwill from fans that it'd work. But it's a one-shot deal and has a ceiling: he can't win and as soon as he loses he goes back to where he is now. Unless you do it in a way to get Big E or Woods over (e.g. have him take on a monster like Braun, get destroyed then have his teammates stand up for him), it's almost not worth doing because then you've played your hand with New Day singles pushes and it's for nought.

So could work if done the right way for the right reasons...but ultimately don't trust WWE to pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Meh new day decent enough in ring but their act got stale months and months ago couldn't get behind any of them getting a major push.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The rumble is just around the corner with sadly all roads pointing to a Reigns victory and then going on to beat Lesner at mania

who do you think the favourites will be ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement