Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm strictly a wwe man but just watched Jerichos attack on Omega in NJPW and pretty hyped for that event and will deff watch that match in Jan. weird seeing blood and Jericho going insane

don't think I'll ever stop watching wrestling no matter how **** it might get

Step beyond the WWE box into a world not ruled by PG, where anything and everything is possible, where logic and continuity are actually cared about. Also New Japan World is worth the sub. Cheaper than the WWE Network. Don't just watch the Omega/Jericho match, watch the entire show.

Again there's a whole world of possibility beyond the WWE. Why limit yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There is nothing I wish for more in wrestling right now than for WWE to go all in with British Strong Style.

Put them top of the heap in NXT for 5-6 months and build the show around them. Then bring them up to the RAW or SMACKDOWN placing them instantly in the main event/upper mid card scene.

I can't see a single flaw in Seven, Bate or Dunne.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ShagNastii wrote: »
    There is nothing I wish for more in wrestling right now than for WWE to go all in with British Strong Style.

Put them top of the heap in NXT for 5-6 months and build the show around them. Then bring them up to the RAW or SMACKDOWN placing them instantly in the main event/upper mid card scene.

I badly wanted them in War Games. They had unfinished business with Undisputed Era and would've slotted in nicely with the other trios pattern. That plus a logical reluctant partners storyline was built in. Time is on their side though,definitely Bate and Dunne's anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can. They work for Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Seven does not have the body shape for it, if it was Ohno everyone would be getting on him about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm strictly a wwe man but just watched Jerichos attack on Omega in NJPW and pretty hyped for that event and will deff watch that match in Jan. weird seeing blood and Jericho going insane

I was too young and not tech savy enough too see WCW/ECW in there day so it was WWE Raw on Friday nights and SD sat morning until they moved times and eventually ended up being on live/earlier in the week. I remember when TNA had it's small rise in 2008 or 2009 (could of been after that cant remember) when Hogan/Flair/Angle etc were on there roster I downloaded and watched for a few weeks but stopped after a while

don't think I'll ever stop watching wrestling no matter how **** it might get

PTH, to get yourself in the mood for it, I highly suggest going back and watching at least the last 2 Wrestlekingdoms. Unbelieveable matches such as Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi, Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi (he's a bit like WWE's Cena to NJPW), and last year, Nakamura vs AJ Styles, Okada Vs Kenny Omega & Tetsuya Naito vs Tanahashi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

montyrebel wrote: »
    Seven does not have the body shape for it, if it was Ohno everyone would be getting on him about it

Why would people have a reason to be preferential for one over another? I'm not really bothered by Trent's weight as he makes it work in general.

I'm still trying to figure Ohno's place in the grand scheme of things. Personally I'm not bothered by his weight either, but his character is just strange to me. I don't understand what it's all about with him.

I'm still trying to figure Ohno's place in the grand scheme of things. Personally I'm not bothered by his weight either, but his character is just strange to me. I don't understand what it's all about with him.

Couldn't agree more. He holds no appeal for me. Seems to me like a hyped indy name from a decade ago that never really made it. I don't know, he just doesn't engage me in the slightest.

I'd agree. The Ohno ship sailed a long time ago. Nothing worse than a "why should I care about this guy" guy. He isn't at Kane level yet but certainly on par with Ziggler.

Its clique to say he should go to Japan but I think Ohno would be fantastic if he went east and really hossed it up.

Another random wrasslin' thought. It won't happen but I was thinking it'd great if Jordon Devlin joined the Bulletclub in a sort of a throwback to Fergal Devitt being the founder. It would really skyrocket his career much like Marty Scrull's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Another random wrasslin' thought. It won't happen but I was thinking it'd great if Jordon Devlin joined the Bulletclub in a sort of a throwback to Fergal Devitt being the founder. It would really skyrocket his career much like Marty Scrull's.

While I wouldn't say it's in the works now or anything like that, I wouldn't go as far to say as it won't happen either. He's making waves on shows with these guys, he has the obvious contact in there and it'd be a cool fit since he now known on the indies as having a tie-in with Balor. Obviously he's signed to WWE but he'd have options there if he ever decided to explore them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Work with inexperienced guys to bring them along. A veteran role and what NXT should be about, developing talent.
    His look is absolutely awful though. If I hated someone I still wouldn't make him where that ill-fitting basketball top.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have they ever acknowledged Dean and Renee on air? Cena and Nikki, Brie and Bryan, Lana and Rusev and Miz and Maryse have all been acknowledged. Apart from them saying Dean was on his honeymoon without naming his bride, I don't think they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Have they ever acknowledged Dean and Renee on air? Cena and Nikki, Brie and Bryan, Lana and Rusev and Miz and Maryse have all been acknowledged. Apart from them saying Dean was on his honeymoon without naming his bride, I don't think they have.

They acknowledged it last year when Dean was feuding with The Miz on Smackdown. It looked like they were developing a storyline out of it but nothing came of it in the end. I think they scrapped it, possibly because Dean and Renee might have been uncomfortable about it, I don't know.

CastorTroy wrote: »

Seth name dropped Renee when Dean was on honeymoon most definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

In the botchamania videos when they do the 'send for the man' clips, who is the man? Looks like a WCW clip but the camera is always behind him and I cant make out who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

In the botchamania videos when they do the 'send for the man' clips, who is the man? Looks like a WCW clip but the camera is always behind him and I cant make out who it is.

The macho man!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, Macho. It was a thing where he ran backstage to yell at his manager, and Torrie Wilson was beside her and starts laughing so Macho gives her a smack.

Does Kevin Dunne produce the Takeover shows or is the person producing them trying to replicate his **** style?

I went to watch the Velveteen Dream Vs Alistair Black match because it was getting good reviews but honestly the camera cuts for every move is so ****ing annoying. I haven't been watching much Raw and Smackdown lately so this is the first WWE match I've watched in awhile. I think it's more noticeable when you've been watching other promotions.

The worst is when someone has a person in the corner and is throwing a few punches and it cuts to a different camera around 10 times in a row.

They've gotten rid of the zoom in zoom out **** and shaky cam when someone hits a move but have replaced it with this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

honestly the camera cuts for every move is so ****ing annoying. I haven't been watching much Raw and Smackdown lately so this is the first WWE match I've watched in awhile. I think it's more noticeable when you've been watching other promotions.

THANK YOU! This is a MASSIVE turn off for me too. They're doing this 2009 pseudo-documentary close up shaky-cam bulls**t all the time too. The only "normal" camera we get is the wide shot. All ringside cameras are for closeups and WON'T F**KING STOP MOVING. It screams of desperation that what's on screen isn't interesting enough. Combine that with bobbing the camera for kicks and punches and Jay has a very short viewing session.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

jaykhunter wrote: »
    THANK YOU! This is a MASSIVE turn off for me too. They're doing this 2009 pseudo-documentary close up shaky-cam bulls**t all the time too. The only "normal" camera we get is the wide shot. All ringside cameras are for closeups and WON'T F**KING STOP MOVING. It screams of desperation that what's on screen isn't interesting enough. Combine that with bobbing the camera for kicks and punches and Jay has a very short viewing session.
    Ehhh. At least it wasn't like World of Sport last year where they just couldn't stop cutting to another shot.

CalculatingAgileBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement

WWE really need to start using some new camera angles.

Remember when Raw & Smackdown split again, they were using new angles for a few weeks, instead of Bucky Beaver in the back directing the cameramen to revert to that horrible presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How do they consider this shít to be professional looking?

http://i.giphy.com/LGg2rkZGgwbMQ.gif

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2185441/REZQSKb.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6f11c3bfb93344dcb8c258836e18af91/tumblr_mzqa4qcJiR1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Won't even embed them because the 3 placed together might trigger a seizure in someone.

People will think I'm overreacting but I turned off the match I was talking about above because it was annoying me that much. I was watching it in bed as well with the lights off so it felt like strobe lighting effects at times.

This probably sounds stupid but I feel like I'm not actually seeing the moves being executed because of so many camera cuts.

People will think I'm overreacting but I turned off the match I was talking about above because it was annoying me that much. I was watching it in bed as well with the lights off so it felt like strobe lighting effects at times.

This probably sounds stupid but I feel like I'm not actually seeing the moves being executed because of so many camera cuts.

You think they'd have learned after fúcking up AJ Styles debut at the RR to camera cut to Roman in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Wwe camera work wrecks my head as well. Always cutting away at the wrong time. It's almost feels like it's intentional at this stage!

What is the consensus about the 10k show Cody and the Young Bucks have been mentioning?

I don't know what to make of it. My gut says it is too big of an ask. They'll have to make something truly huge. The WWE can do that. A few guys with a reletively small YT show can't. I think they may be guilty of believing the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thank you about the camera work. The wwe always have had amazing TV production and the video packages are epic for matches. It's not needed, I don't want to watch VR wrestling lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

What is the consensus about the 10k show Cody and the Young Bucks have been mentioning?

I don't know what to make of it. My gut says it is too big of an ask. They'll have to make something truly huge. The WWE can do that. A few guys with a reletively small YT show can't. I think they may be guilty of believing the hype.

I think they could do it if they had Punk and Bryan on the same show.

But it'd be a one off and not a hope would it be in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well if it doesn't work out, least they can hold their collective heads up high and say they tried.

Also "a few guys with a relatively small YT show", yeah don't underestimate the power of social media in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ShagNastii wrote:

That if they don't sell out they will have something in common with what WWE do every week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement