Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Was just thinking, those going to watch Wrestle Kingdom 12 @ Buskers in Dublin, will the place even be open at 8 in the morning to show the show?

I'm assuming time difference between Japan & Ireland was taken into account when planning it?

We're showing it from 5pm (it's actually a 6.40am start here), based around:

1) Most people not taking a day off work to watch so they can come in after (even if they miss stuff like the pre-show or early multi-man tags they'll see the important matches). IME from the past few years live tweeting it a lot of people watch on delay as is, this way you get to minimise the delay and see it same day right after work.

2) Yeah most people would rather watch with pints and food at a sociable hour.

3) Most not being bothered figuring out NJPW World or trying to find a stream that might go dodgy.

4) Plus it'll finish 11pm max so it's public transport friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just watching a documentary on BT called Nature Boy. My god what a story, what a guy! How he's still alive I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,613 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So which promotion is Ziggler going to turn up on to sell his walk out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It’d be class if he showed up in the Wrestle Kingdom Rumble, but I think this is a work.

Oh I have no doubt it's a work and if he does turn up anywhere it will be with a company the WWE have close ties too but the best way to work it and to do wonders for Ziggler himself and wrestling in general would be to let him do business for some other promotions.

Could you imagine if he interfered in the Jericho/Omega match hitting both of them and then just walking out.

Ok stop dreaming now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

If I was booking it there's only 1 logical way to go; have him goaded back and end up as the face in a feud.

Having him withdraw as almost he's depressed only to come back in a bitter rage to interfere in the final just seems like utter sh1t to me. Everyone could see that from a mile off as the plan.

Ziggler for me needs at least 6/9 months away from WWE tv and if he can do that while turning up in ROH, NJPW and down in Mexico rebuilding his image he could return somewhat fresh and hopefully be booked right.

Jericho has shown what time away can do when returning with a fresh twist on his character more wrestlers like Ziggler and Orton could do with doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jericho's the master of reinventing/refreshing his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Ziggler for me needs at least 6/9 months away from WWE tv and if he can do that while turning up in ROH, NJPW and down in Mexico rebuilding his image he could return somewhat fresh and hopefully be booked right.

Jericho has shown what time away can do when returning with a fresh twist on his character more wrestlers like Ziggler and Orton could do with doing it.

Also he needs a new finisher and stop using the zigzag, his fame asser and the super kick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mad that YEARS ago they tried to make him more serious, changed his look to black hair etc and had to switch him back fast as everyone laughed.

Now it could help him, ditch the HBK tribute act. He should go for a Bret Hart/Owen Hart tribute, no more show off, his look could be like Bret with more technical style in ring. Mix in Owens attitude as the Lone or Black Hart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM_7 wrote: »
    Mad that YEARS ago they tried to make him more serious, changed his look to black hair etc and had to switch him back fast as everyone laughed.

He looked like Evan Bourne's older brother is all I remember about that before they reversed it.

But yeah a change of look could help him now as a change of any sort is neeeded...Have him return as Nick Nemeth (such a cool non gimmick name for a wrestler), dropping the Dolph Ziggler name totally the Zig Zag with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not my random wrasslin' thought, saw it on Reddit but though it was a great idea: When Elias wins a title (When, not if) have the belt be his guitar strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Seen these new roh titles which i think are terrible just makes me think how poor looking new titles have been lately in all companies

https://twitter.com/GaryRWard/status/947899758668066816

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I think they look alright personally!

With wrestlekingdom tomorrow ive just been thinking when was jerichos last great singles match i honestly cant remember his matches with owens and aj were underwhelming.

I do think hes lost a lot of in ring which makes me worried that the wrestlekingdom match will underwhelm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote: »
    With wrestlekingdom tomorrow ive just been thinking when was jerichos last great singles match i honestly cant remember his matches with owens and aj were underwhelming.

I do think hes lost a lot of in ring which makes me worried that the wrestlekingdom match will underwhelm

His ladder match with Hbk ???

ERG89 wrote: »
    His ladder match with Hbk ???

Yep only one i can think which is amazingly 10 years old this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I have no doubt Jericho and Omega will present something special. But I would certainly echo your thoughts about Jericho being underwhelming in the ring for his most recent runs.

For such a stellar career IMHO he is well behind his main event peers in terms of churning out five star matches. Picking a great match for the likes of HHH, Angle, HBK, Austin, Taker is like diving into a ballpit. I really don't think Jericho has stolen even a handful of shows (ring-wise)

For me jericho has been always been very good in the ring but never reached the top tier of matches a lot like hhh for me. The 2 of them were consistently 3 or 4 stars but not the 5 stars matchs. but its really his character and reinvention that what sets him as one of the greats.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I have no doubt Jericho and Omega will present something special. But I would certainly echo your thoughts about Jericho being underwhelming in the ring for his most recent runs.

For such a stellar career IMHO he is well behind his main event peers in terms of churning out five star matches. Picking a great match for the likes of HHH, Angle, HBK, Austin, Taker is like diving into a ballpit. I really don't think Jericho has stolen even a handful of shows (ring-wise)

I feel the same about Punk. Always thought his matches were very underwhelming and can't think of him having any unbelievable matches in WWE. Even the "5 star" against Cena in Chicago was a very sloppy match at times and it was more the crowd that made it that night.

• Advertisement

And that elbow drop he'd do. Woeful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,352 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

y2j dedicating the match too his fallen friends Eddie and Chris Benoit

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfXpUjlQnS/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

YtooJ

I really enjoyed Jericho's matches with AJ, and his match with Mania with Kevin Owens was very good but not in the context of the feud if that makes sense. If you watched that match out of context with no knowledge of the feud you would say it was a good match. But considering it was a year long angle pretty much, it needed to be more than a solid enjoyable wrestling match. It was missing a bit of anger or brutality. The Ambrose matches were awful though, but more to do with Ambrose having a real below average in ring product that 12-18 month period anyways. The closer we get the more hyped I'm getting for Omega and Jericho, there is so much they can do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

PTH2009 wrote: »
    y2j dedicating the match too his fallen friends Eddie and Chris Benoit

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfXpUjlQnS/

Welp, that's going to be awkward to explain to Vince!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

3P7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sorry that image came out way bigger than I intended

Why? Jericho has written about Benoit in his books and done podcasts on the topic, he's made it pretty clear where he stands on the issue and puts it in a public forum. Pretty sure Vince completely respects that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

A lot of sad bastards "outraged" over that tweet (for attention). Obviously never listened to the hours and hours of Jericho talking about Benoit in depth about how he feels, just immediately knowing exactly his feelings from that post that doesn't even mention his name.

• Advertisement

Twitter's gotta Twitter! It's become such a toxic community the last few years unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement