Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hococop wrote: »
    Being reported that Paige has to retire from wrestling, only 25 could have had a great career

In fairness, she already had a great career. Look at all she achieved

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've watched the first two Raws ever on the network due to the 25th anniversary and after listening to Rob Bartlett I'll never complain about any WWE commentators again. All is forgiven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He was a walking cringe machine! It's so bad it's good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He was a walking cringe machine! It's so bad it's good now.

There is one point where he calls doink something like durk and Vince just
    stares at him. It's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,613 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm quite surprised Vince hasn't been #Metoo'd so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I'm surprised the attitude era hasn't been

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't really think it would work on McMahon because for it to really gain traction, it has to be someone with a high mainstream profile and a pretty clean reputation. Vince has been through so much scandal in his time as boss of WWE that he could probably just shrug off whatever accusations were levelled at him, unless they were properly heinous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If it did happen to Vince, it would be the least shocking revelation ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I've just watched the "Top 25 moments of Raw" on the network and would now love to see a "Toy Story" style show with all the former characters all living in the Raw warehouse with Mooney and the conquistador's

Angron wrote: »
    If it did happen to Vince, it would be the least shocking revelation ever.

There was one a few years ago that mysteriously disappeared all of a sudden. I'm not saying a payoff was involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

There was one a few years ago that mysteriously disappeared all of a sudden. I'm not saying a payoff was involved.

Only thing Vince has to worry about is that his wife is a part of the US's current administration and she wouldn't want any dirt splashing on her, and....Oh, wait, it's the Trump presidency, so she's no worry about standing out on the controversy front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Watched Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio Jr at Halloween Havoc 1997 last night, man that suicide dive into a head-scissors is just unbelievable and never gets old.

I watch it every couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He was accused of raping female referee Rita Chatterson in 1986.

Don't think it ever went anywhere.

There was a Gym attendant about 10 years ago too, that's the one I was thinking of. Either a gym or a tanning place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Just watching Ground Zero and Bret vs The Patriot, and the crowd are loving the latter, however I'm surprised at how much of a chump they made him out to do in the finish.

He taps out right at the ropes where in this day age, no one taps out when they are in that position in the ring. Then he takes a beating post match.

Now I know there are conflicting reports out there about the guy, where Jim Cornette would say he was a victim of the politics at that time, while others say it's because the guy didn't fess up to injuries and they just got worse, but I couldn't help but feel bad for the guy.

Having said that, Bret cuts an almighty promo after the match. Really was at his best at the time of his departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,613 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I often wonder how good would the Hart Foundation vs DX feud have gotten if Bret hadn't left or did DX need the catalyst of Bret leaving to really kick on themselves.

There was a Gym attendant about 10 years ago too, that's the one I was thinking of. Either a gym or a tanning place.
    That's right, it was a tanning salon attendant somewhere in in Florida IIRC.

I've no doubt that he was or still is a bit of a perv, and I'd be inclined to believe the stories.

Sad really to think about it as I'd have a lot of respect for him in others ways, his tireless work ethic, drive and ambition etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He's made out with basically all the Divas in the Ruthless Aggression era. Like imagine the pitch if you were one of the girls, ''Eh Vince wants to do a bit where you and him get it on...''. If you say no it could be future endeavours or you're playing Katie Vick's kid or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,352 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Omackeral wrote: »
    He's made out with basically all the Divas in the Ruthless Aggression era. Like imagine the pitch if you were one of the girls, ''Eh Vince wants to do a bit where you and him get it on...''. If you say no it could be future endeavours or you're playing Katie Vick's kid or something.

that 02/03/04 version of Vince was very odd

he was having an affair with his personal assistant sable, chatting up women galore and had a match with Stephanie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    that 02/03/04 version of Vince was very odd

he was having an affair with his personal assistant sable, chatting up women galore and had a match with Stephanie

Not to mention, wasn’t it around then he was fighting to be in an incest angle with Stephanie that he had to get talked out of??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

leggo wrote: »
    Not to mention, wasn’t it around then he was fighting to be in an incest angle with Stephanie that he had to get talked out of??

And then we got that brutal I Quit match between him and Steph.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair, I thought the match itself was better than it had any right to be! But the angle was a disaster.

Well I meant brutal as in vicious (though it's been a few years since I've seen it, so I could be remembering it differently to how it was).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And his Plan B was having Shane be the father. Both siblings nixed it. Vince, what a twisted carny.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Speaking of Shane, did we ever find out what that secret was meant to be in the lockbox (Taker match at WM32)? Or was it just never gonna be revealed and there for story purposes?

It was dropped, even thinking about that angle gives me a headache, nothing made sense in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Wasn't Vince sexually abused by his mother or something when he lived with her in a trailer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Wasn't Vince sexually abused by his mother or something when he lived with her in a trailer?

i think it was his cousin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement