Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of Shane, did we ever find out what that secret was meant to be in the lockbox (Taker match at WM32)? Or was it just never gonna be revealed and there for story purposes?

It's gonna be the fact that Vince and the rest of the Authority faked Daniel Bryans test results and he's actually fine to wrestle, and we'll get the real David v Goliath in DB vs Lesnar in the main event of Wrestlemania

I spend too much time on certain parts of the web.........

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

another DB in ring run is going to be both awesome and a bit shameful

what I mean in shameful is the way we had all the goodbyes, the WWE network speical (thank you bryan) and the fact both Triple H and Steph were all pally to him when they once hated him

Michaels done it before and it worked out for him so I have no doubt it could be a success for Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    another DB in ring run is going to be both awesome and a bit shameful

what I mean in shameful is the way we had all the goodbyes, the WWE network speical (thank you bryan) and the fact both Triple H and Steph were all pally to him when they once hated him

Michaels done it before and it worked out for him so I have no doubt it could be a success for Bryan
    The difference between HBK and Bryan is that Shawn was his back and not his head and it also happened in the late 1990s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

sky88 wrote: »
    i think it was his cousin

No he gave an interview a good few years ago now in which he more or less said straight out that it was his mother that abused him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Pentecost wrote: »
    No he gave an interview a good few years ago now in which he more or less said straight out that it was his mother that abused him.

Yea i was thinking of an old interview were he said he lost his virginity to his cousin

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The difference between HBK and Bryan is that Shawn was his back and not his head and it also happened in the late 1990s.

I suppose after the Benoit incident WWE are very wary of head injuries

actually was one of DB last WWE matches take place in Dublin in April 2015 ??. I remember being at that event it was a 6 man tag ??. was it not on that tour he has the seizure on SD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    10 years this month since Kofi Kingston debuted on the main roster.

I always loved this moment in his career.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I suppose after the Benoit incident WWE are very wary of head injuries

actually was one of DB last WWE matches take place in Dublin in April 2015 ??. I remember being at that event it was a 6 man tag ??. was it not on that tour he has the seizure on SD

Yep. WWE don't ever want that to happen again. The wrestling business got looked at deeper than it had in years after that. The days of guys being on the gas and getting their bell rung in the ring wrestling the next night are well over.

He was pulled off a European tour alright but how far into it I've no idea. He had that match that was versus orton which was stopped by triple H. Was that before or after the European tour ?

That top 25 moments of raw on the WWE network with Corey graves and Peter whatshisname has the Austin vs Tyson moment as no21 ? WTF ? That was a huge moment in raw history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Whats number 1?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Whats number 1?
    Austin Beer Truck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Whats number 1?

Asuka vs Alexa Bliss, 01/01/18

DM_7 wrote: »
    Austin Beer Truck

Yeah, I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Whats number 1?

I'm not reading the spoiler because I already know it's Melina vs Alicia Fox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I just asked myself what would be my top 25 RAW moments?

All the ones that instantly jump out involve Austin. The man, the wrestler and the character was truly something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

For me, some moments outside of the usual Austin/DX stuff would come from the draft episodes

- Cena showing up on the highlight reel with the belt
    - Edge spearing Bischoff
    - Bischoff pulling Heyman's name out of the barrel
    - The recent draft where NXT was first included. IIRC they weren't told in advance so the live reactions from the PC were genuine and great to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Actually when you say that, would it only be the higher ups like John Cena that would be told they're moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Didn't Shawn and Cena have a match close to an hour on Raw once. Was a great match.

Shawn vs Shelton with the springboard Sweet Chin Music finish.

Was Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker ladder match on Raw or Smackdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

In recent years it's hard to look passed the debut of the Nexus. Very memorable moment with a legit OMFG reaction.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker ladder match on Raw or Smackdown?

It was indeed Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »
    It was indeed Raw.

Twas a great match, it made Hardy a main eventer. Pity they never really capitalised on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I always remember Jr made that match, can't remember if this is the exact quote

In a breaking voice "climb the ladder kid make yourself fameous!!!"

A great example of getting over despite losing

123 kid beating Razor out of the blue, wouldn't work today because wins and losses don't mean anything anymore.

All the Bret/Austin stuff was great too. The show long street fight being the best episode of Raw.

the vince mcmahon millon doller giveaway ending

brillent moment which they tried to make as legit as possible with both heels and faces running to help vince ('paul i can feel my legs')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P12bQTK3cg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Off the top of my head some personal non-Austin favourites are Punk's pipebomb, Daniel Bryan & fan takeover and when The Rock returned during the invasion to a huge reaction and Rock Bottomed Vince & Shane before signing with wwf. The worst thing about getting older was realising just much was wrong the WCW invasion storyline cos I loved it as a kid.

Jerichos debut for me..... it was a great enterance. Great initial promo. Loved The Rocks side of it too though in hindsight he destroyed Jericho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

seen someone mention hbk/cena that went an hour which never gets the praise it deserves and is a hell of a lot better than hbk/bret iron man match

sky88 wrote: »
    seen someone mention hbk/cena that went an hour which never gets the praise it deserves and is a hell of a lot better than hbk/bret iron man match

Did the match have ad breaks? That could of hindered it (I know of the match but cant remember it)

Jericho v HHH with the false title switch was great.

Mae Young going through teh table with The Dudleys was awesome, but that wont see the light of day in 2018.

The Pillman Gun angle too. Wont see thats anytime soon.

• Advertisement

There was an episode of raw from 2003 I think where ric flair was outside the ring and this kid had a sign or glasses and ric grabbed it and broke it and the kid started crying and triple h had to get ric back on board. It's not a classic raw moment but it clearly wasn't planned and ric lost the rag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement