Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With War Machine coming in WWE have quite a lot of big guys on there rosters

Big guys- Strowman, Reigns (Big Dog), Big Show, Kane, War Machine, Harper, Rowan, AOP, Heavy Machinery, Lars Sullivan, Big Cass, Baron Corbin, Brock Lesner, Sanity, Mark Henry. I suppose Bray Wyatt and KO would be considered big sized too

Have a feeling War Machine may be just another Harper/Rowan type team and will join up with Bray Wyatt sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

PTH2009 wrote: »
    With War Machine coming in WWE have quite a lot of big guys on there rosters

Big guys- Strowman, Reigns (Big Dog), Big Show, Kane, War Machine, Harper, Rowan, AOP, Heavy Machinery, Lars Sullivan, Big Cass, Baron Corbin, Brock Lesner, Sanity, Mark Henry. I suppose Bray Wyatt and KO would be considered big sized too

You can almost hear Vince frothing at the mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

J. Marston wrote: »
    Chair head shots were understandably banned but their alternatives, the stomach poke and back slap, are shíte replacements. Wouldn't mind if they just stopped using chairs altogether.

Yeah, it's like muzzling a sledgehammer, it's worse than nothing!

Why not use the same material that they do for cookie-sheets but make 'em out of chairs. Even just the seat part of it. All you're looking for is the sound and it to be bent. Wrestling is about making things look painful when they shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yeah, it's like muzzling a sledgehammer, it's worse than nothing!

Why not use the same material that they do for cookie-sheets but make 'em out of chairs. Even just the seat part of it. All you're looking for is the sound and it to be bent. Wrestling is about making things look painful when they shouldn't be.

I said the back slap is a shíte replacement but at least that might give a good thwack sound.

Unless Roman and his body armour is being the one hit. Then it sounds like hitting a pillow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I said the back slap is a sh replacement but at least that might give a good thwack sound.

Unless Roman and his body armour is being the one hit. Then it sounds like hitting a pillow.

I remember Roman leathered Sheamus with a chair across the back and side at TLC 2015 when Sheamus was the champ.

It's like a gun going off and Sheamus legitimately yelps in pain.

A massive bruise starts appearing on his side as the match goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just watching the Raw moments clips on the network this morning and on #23, the one where Bischoff is revealed as the new GM.

I literally laughed out loud at the line when Vince hugged Bischoff

King: Can you believe it JR? They're hugging!

JR: They're probably picking each other's pockets

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I get the feeling that WM33 was supposed to be Undertaker's final match, but with the rumors going around lately about Undertaker possibly having another match at WM34 I don't know what to believe. I know Undertaker's retirement has been talked about for years now, but it did seem to me like last year's Wrestlemania was going to be his last. If he does have another match at WM34 then I still suspect it will be because he was so disappointed with last years match that he probably wants one more match to make up for it. Maybe he hopes that a match at WM34 will be much better and then he can retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I get the feeling that WM33 was supposed to be Undertaker's final match, but with the rumors going around lately about Undertaker possibly having another match at WM34 I don't know what to believe. I know Undertaker's retirement has been talked about for years now, but it did seem to me like last year's Wrestlemania was going to be his last. If he does have another match at WM34 then I still suspect it will be because he was so disappointed with last years match that he probably wants one more match to make up for it. Maybe he hopes that a match at WM34 will be much better and then he can retire.

I get what you're saying and it was a bad match because taker was broken down as his hip was ****ed. It also didn't help he was against Roman reigns but even if undertaker is healthier than last year he's still over fifty and I just don't want to see him stink the place out. He doesn't need to have another match. He owes the fans nothing. He's given nearly 30 years to the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

4 years to the day since Punk took his ball and went home. Probably wouldn’t be missed too much if Bryan stayed healthy since that time but to lose both of them from the ring in the space of a 15 months was a huge blow and the product hasn’t been as enjoyable since, except for a cool moment here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Eh, I don't miss him that much to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Eh, I don't miss him that much to be honest.

But He will be back in the Royal Rumble tomorrow night!!! #FakeNews

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Dont miss him at all tbh i was a fan but i dont think hes missed in the product eithier

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Would be great if he came back, but hell has a better chance of freezing over before it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Would be great if he came back, but hell has a better chance of freezing over before it happens.

I think punk might be the one wrestler who stays away from the business

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That dork who hosts Jim Cornette's Podcast seems like a real smug arsehole. I'd like to smack him and Frank the Clown.

Jim has gone very preachy these days, he'd want to keep his political opinions to himself.

He comes across as a bit of a bigot at times. A person who is totally intolerant of other peoples view or opinions.

Vince Russo recently stated that the weirdo made threats to him and his family. Russo lives in Evansville Indiana these days not too far from Jim.

You'd wonder does Jimmer have some sort of undiagnosed mental illness or personality disorder

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I seriously want to see Vince say fcuk on Roman and turn him full on Heel with the AOP as his backup and have them destroy everyone.

Guaranteed within six months Roman will be the most over guy in wrestling or at least that new faction would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Turning him heel won't magically make people like him. I don't get that idea at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Turning him heel won't magically make people like him. I don't get that idea at all.

I don't get that you don't get that idea! :pac:

Its like The Rock. Turn him heel then people can go crazy hating him.

Then in 6 months like Agent Coulson said, people will want to cheer him.The whole thing of hating him will have worn off and then people will want him to win.

I have to wonder do you get any enjoyment out of wrestling at all I really don't think I ever see any positive posts at all from you everything is negative to you from what I see on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think turning him heel would have worked a few years ago but this push has been going on so long & the company have made so many mistakes along the way the fans have wised up to the obvious bigger picture. At least with Reigns his match quality is higher and more consistent than I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am not sure it would make people like him 'just because'.

But it would position him in a more suitable role, his current role does not work as so many have rejected him in the super hero role. There is a lot of history to back up the idea that making him heel, in the long run could lead to an accepted face run. If he does the heel thing well then a lot would respect him more.

Super Villian can be redeemed as Super Hero. It works in other mediums all the time, even Loki in Marvel can be horrible to everyone and people still want to cheer him in the end.

Does Roman have the ability to turn people to his side? His initial Shield run suggests so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I have to wonder do you get any enjoyment out of wrestling at all I really don't think I ever see any positive posts at all from you everything is negative to you from what I see on here.

I've been contemplating posting something like this too.

All that negativity is not good for a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Heels have more scope to be entertaining, and I think that's why a load of the biggest faces of the last 25 years or so had a big heel run where they could establish their character. The fans might then take a liking, and would begin cheering. It's a pretty tried-and-tested path for a wrestler to make a true connection with the fans.

That's not to say it's a magic solution. Some wrestlers are a flop either way. But Vince and co. did once have the sense to say that, if a wrestler was being booed out of the building, the heel route was the way to go. Seems like basic good sense to ride the current of public opinion.

Vince made the mistake of never turning Cena because of the merch he sold but I doubt Roman sells anything like Cena.

Turning Roman heel the right way and having great merch prepared could be a huge money maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But at least Cena has had a heel run, which helped get him over. Roman hasn't outside of The Shield. A lot of the popular wrestlers are that way from their heel run.

Fake news, I enjoyed NXT last night and the two New Japan shows this weekend, pretty much all the New Japan shows.

Get off my back and get your cheap thanks somewhere else.

It was just an observation that's all if if your that touchy about it no worries.

Cool done Ignore button is hit so neither of us will have to cross paths again.

It was just an observation that's all if if your that touchy about it no worries.

Cool done Ignore button is hit so neither of us will have to cross paths again.

Delicate enough, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Fake news, I enjoyed NXT last night and the two New Japan shows this weekend, pretty much all the New Japan shows.

Dude, I know we've had run-ins but I mean this well: he's got a point. That's why he's getting thanks. You always seem to be giving out about wrestling. As someone who had to take some time to re-focus his fandom so that wrestling was a positive thing in his life (switching to watching Raw on YouTube instead of in-full helped A LOT), it's worth doing.

Grand there are some things that happen that are definitely worth laying into, but at the end of the day this is a hobby and if your hobby is such a negativity drain, why choose to follow it at all? There's plenty to like about wrestling these days and it's so easy to get now. And nobody cares about anyone else's 'hot takes' but their own, so sometimes it's better to just walk away from a show or topic that's ultimately gonna affect you in a negative way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It's actually nice to hear different opinions on here so I find complaining about how other people post a bit rich tbh. It's stuff like seeing that is the reason why this place is more quiet than it was few years ago & the news thread is dead too except when it forgoes the chat policy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement