Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw a clip of Rated RKO today on r/squaredcircle. Didn't last long but thought they were great. Amazing mash-up theme too.

Who were people's favourite main event tag-teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I remember when Twitch was the great Justin.tv I shed a tear the day Justin.tv closed down to make way for Twitch.

Now justin.tv I do remember. Watched Raw on there many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

J. Marston wrote: »
    Saw a clip of Rated RKO today on r/squaredcircle. Didn't last long but thought they were great. Amazing mash-up theme too.

Who were people's favourite main event tag-teams?

Mega Powers
    2 Man Power Trip
    Edge & Jericho would have been great had Edge not gotten injured

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

LeeJM wrote: »
    Mega Powers
    2 Man Power Trip
    Edge & Jericho would have been great had Edge not gotten injured

2 Man Power Trip was great. I remember them brutalizing the Hardy Boyz. Wish we could see more of that type of aggression in WWE today.

I find the whole "Rusev Day" thing pretty stupid.

Fair enough it seems to be getting him over with fans which is the most important thing I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Fair enough it seems to be getting him over with fans which is the most important thing I suppose.

How can you say such a thing. And on Rusev Day of all days.

This is what the 3rd new thing he's got over with the crowd. Rusev is one of those people who make the stupid and odd just work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That's the thing, it IS stupid but he makes it fun.

It's like how Jericho has gotten so many utterly mundane things over as catchphrases.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I personally think Aiden English doesn’t get nearly enough credit for his part in getting Rusev Day over. He’s about 70% responsible for it.

Rusev is a far superior all-round talent though.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I personally think Aiden English doesn’t get nearly enough credit for his part in getting Rusev Day over. He’s about 70% responsible for it.

Rusev is a far superior all-round talent though.

Yeah I forgot to add that. Aidens inclusion amps the whole thing up to a million which makes it work even more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

This is what the 3rd new thing he's got over with the crowd. Rusev is one of those people who make the stupid and odd just work

I thought Sandow was the same, albeit Rusev should have a much much higher ceiling as he's a lot better in-ring & looks more credible.

Still, Miz & Mizdow were one of my favourite things in WWE at the time.

• Advertisement

I thought Sandow was the same, albeit Rusev should have a much much higher ceiling as he's a lot better in-ring & looks more credible.

Still, Miz & Mizdow were one of my favourite things in WWE at the time.

Yeah I know Sandow should be a midcard mainstay by now. One of those keepers of the gates to the upper card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What is "totes Dench"? Something to do with Dame Judi?

I is down with the kids I am
    TOP DEFINITION

Dench
    Another meaning for "sick" or nice.
    if something is well dench u can say that is well judi dench
    That was dench bruvaaaaa
    look at her saaaaaaaan she is well judi dench

On Rusev day people just really want something for Rusev so they will latch on to his straight up likability and it has rubbed off on English who fills his role well

Aiden English as you guys are saying has carved out a nice little niche for himself. I never liked the Vaudevillains.

English doesn't have much going other than Rusev. He might have got the quietest reaction in the entire Rumble.

No but that’s why he’s done well to get any kind of notice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

To continue what I said when I watching the January 2000 smackdown and I don't remember them planting the seeds of the Stephanie and angle that early in 2000. The king mentions it several times on commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I noticed that Mike Kannelis has worked on his physique since been taking off TV.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BegG9obBtOP/?hl=en

Doubt that's a Jinder special either since he took time off to get clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whats a Jinder Special....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I remember around the Jinder debate I said that it looked like he'd given up alcohol as opposed to doing steroids. Like a week later, he went on Jericho's podcast talking about how giving up alcohol had worked wonders for him. Same deal here. It's unreal the difference cutting out alcohol can make. Neither guy's size dramatically shifted (think how you could see when Triple H was in and out of cycle back in the day because he'd clearly be 20 pounds heavier and then get flabby down the line), but they've gone from soft to rock solid and built their body to peak. That's cutting down your body fat to minimal and working your arse off in the gym, and it's all achievable without steroids. Just hard work and a clean diet.

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    I remember around the Jinder debate I said that it looked like he'd given up alcohol as opposed to doing steroids. Like a week later, he went on Jericho's podcast talking about how giving up alcohol had worked wonders for him. Same deal here. It's unreal the difference cutting out alcohol can make. Neither guy's size dramatically shifted (think how you could see when Triple H was in and out of cycle back in the day because he'd clearly be 20 pounds heavier and then get flabby down the line), but they've gone from soft to rock solid and built their body to peak. That's cutting down your body fat to minimal and working your arse off in the gym, and it's all achievable without steroids. Just hard work and a clean diet.

To think that Jinder has been on the roster looking that jacked and not tested is riduclous anyway.

Hed be a fool to be on the juice agter getting his job back and WWE werent gonna give a monster push to someone doing roids.

Jinders legit and fair play to him. It shows the work he puts in and the deication.

Its a pity others dont go to the lenghts he does

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was trying to remember if he was in the Rumble, but he wasn't. I guess he did meet and greets and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/ShieldWoman512/status/942914353346396161?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

After seeing this disgusting tweet when his main event (thankfully) died. I'm not sure I'd say he's clean with certainty. That back acne ain't something you get for dropping booze.

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ShieldWoman512/status/942914353346396161?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

After seeing this disgusting tweet when his main event (thankfully) died. I'm not sure I'd say he's clean with certainty. That back acne ain't something you get for dropping booze.

You can have back acne without juicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Was it Scott Steiner back when he was in WWE in the 2000's and he was asked to piss into a cup for a drug test and he said he'd do it if triple H did and it was dropped very quickly ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was it Scott Steiner back when he was in WWE in the 2000's and he was asked to piss into a cup for a drug test and he said he'd do it if triple H did and it was dropped very quickly ?

He was also moved down the card quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

beakerjoe wrote:
    You can have back acne without juicing.

Well he seemed to develop it far worae around the same time as he bulked up which is coincidental I guess. Those nipples look proper messed up too.
    Itssoeasy wrote:

Scott Steiner would be a dream employee to be working in an office with. It would be eventful & brutally honest at least while he was there.
    He'd get away with it if he was on a part time deal as Lesnar kinda showed up that policy after his last fight

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He was also moved down the card quickly

World Championship match vs HHH at Royal Rumble in January. World Championship match vs HHH at No Way Out in February. Doesn't even appear at WrestleMania a month later. The Rumble match was a disaster though, got the dreaded ''worst worked match'' award from the Observer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Assistance is available outside steroids and can be taken under wellness. They have far more options than the mad stuff the really big guys were trying years ago.

Not all drugs are 'bad' so to speak.

Likes of Jinder are small compared to guy of the past. But his low body fat is extreme to maintain day in and day out and would lead to the questions people keep asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ERG89 wrote: »

So the easiest way to end this debate is to flip it: since you’re now inferring that he’s committing a crime in a company that regularly rests their athletes, what would you say he’s taken based on the knowledge of steroids you claim to have? Dianabol? Test? HGH? Would you say it’s injected or supplement-based? Or are you seeing other people say “this is cus of steroids”, not fact checking and then claiming it yourself as fact?

I had back acne when I was a teenager, it was a bitch. I assure you that nobody who ever saw me wrestle was making any drastic accusations based around it. A guy I used to play football with used to get death in the changing rooms for having weird nipples that looked like mini boobs. He was rake thin and definitely not on the gas. Bodies are weird sometimes.

The company that suspended Roman Reigns two months after Triple H put him over for his big Mania title win, while he held the belt, isn’t going to do a big cover up conspiracy for Jinder f’n Mahal. He was brought back to be a jobber because they needed trusted hands to bulk up the roster around the brand split. He didn’t get a sniff of a push until last year’s Andre Battle Royal. They’re not stupid and didn’t go through all of that without testing him. The argument doesn’t follow through. Meanwhile, if you understand how the body works, you’ll know that going from being a party guy to not drinking and living healthy, it can have a dramatic transformative effect. When I was younger I gave up booze for a year and began to eat healthier (because I didn’t have hangovers so wasn’t ordering takeaways etc regularly). I wasn’t even in the gym at the time and I lost two stone with my body type completely changing (like, buy a new wardrobe changing). People don’t get that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement