Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

When they suspended Reigns he wasn't champion Rollins was who then dropped it to Ambrose but WWE still put him in a title match days after so he wasn't exactly knocked out of his stride as a result like most main eventers.
    Mahal was a very big deal to WWE last year with a long (terrible) 8 month title run but when their tour of India tanked they dropped the push.
    As far as how he achieved his physique I'm not a doctor nor do I have access to what does & doesn't get allowed with a doctor's certificate on the WWE wellness policy so I can't comment on how he achieved his results but going through a change of physique in such a shory time when there are a lot of talents in WWE big into fitness who haven't achieved half of his success is suspicious to say the least.

The wellness policy obviously has loopholes as pointed out by the company saying that 7% of the roster has medical exemptions & they don't even test part time talent for obvious reasons.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2017/10/18/triple-hs-nutritionist-stirs-up-wwe-steroid-controversy-with-comments-on-hgh/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ERG89 wrote: »
    When they suspended Reigns he wasn't champion Rollins was who then dropped it to Ambrose but WWE still put him in a title match days after so he wasn't exactly knocked out of his stride as a result like most main eventers.
    Mahal was a very big deal to WWE last year with a long (terrible) 8 month title run but when their tour of India tanked they dropped the push.
    As far as how he achieved his physique I'm not a doctor nor do I have access to what does & doesn't get allowed with a doctor's certificate on the WWE wellness policy so I can't comment on how he achieved his results but going through a change of physique in such a shory time when there are a lot of talents in WWE big into fitness who haven't achieved half of his success is suspicious to say the least.

The wellness policy obviously has loopholes as pointed out by the company saying that 7% of the roster has medical exemptions & they don't even test part time talent for obvious reasons.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2017/10/18/triple-hs-nutritionist-stirs-up-wwe-steroid-controversy-with-comments-on-hgh/

I will admit my first thought when I seen him all jacked up is “is he juicing?”, but its over a year later, he was jacked before WWE put the title on him, they aren’t taking the risk of him failing wellness before pushing him as Champion, it would be a huge misstep. It would be madness to risk it from WWEs point of view.

I cant explain the back acne or the nipple pop, Im not Jinder, but I can tell you there could be loads of reasons why those aren’t related to Juicing.

Just because someone is big into their fitness doesn’t mean they are capable of looking like Jinder physically. Listening to Jinder on TIJ tells you about his diet and training regime, it sounds like torture. Others may be into their fitness, but their diet can hold them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ERG89 wrote: »

You’re right there...by two days. It was announced Reigns had failed two days after he dropped the belt. It doesn’t really change the point though that Reigns is more of a priority than Mahal and got popped, whereas Jinder didn’t...

I mean, I’m sorry, but this is all just conspiracy theory talk to me. And of course you can achieve it in a short space of time: I just told you about a dramatic change I personally lived within a year not drinking without even working out! Jinder was out of WWE for two years and had all the motivation in the world. It’s very achievable. His size isn’t that different, it’s the way his body is built. And that’s achieved by bulking (eating a lot of chicken and steak) while holding minimum water weight to give you the ripped look that allows your muscles to pop (if you’ve got size and definition already, you can do this by drinking minimum water for a day and getting a pump before you go out) then working out like a mother****er. You’re going to have to start hitting me with actual bodybuilding knowledge to convince me here, sorry, because saying it isn’t possible just proves what you don’t know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

You can't compare average guy losing weight to the body of Jinder.

To get his body fat level requires extreme dedication.

Mike Bennet is not even close to Jinder in that pic from earlier.

But we see Jinder on TV at his best, Jinder is pumping like mad and probably cutting water for TV to get that look. He even appears be tanning to make everything pop more. It is amazing that he can stay in that shape week after week.

DM_7 wrote: »

But we see Jinder on TV at his best, Jinder is pumping like mad and probably cutting water for TV to get that look. He even appears be tanning to make everything pop more. It is amazing that he can stay in that shape week after week.

His TIJ podcast is a great insight to his dedication and methods, its a good listen.

Awful wrestler but you gotta give the guy props for getting himself in shape

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »

Do you know what steroids actually do? Like do you understand the theory behind them? So it’s not like you inject something into your arse then wake up ripped after a while. They’re performance enhancers. So they give you extra testosterone that’ll enable you to lift slightly heavier or do a few reps extra in the gym. In really, really basic laymen’s terms, if you take steroids and don’t work out, you’re going to end up eating a lot more but not doing anything to counter that so you’ll just get fat.

So questioning the dedication of anyone on steroids based on gains is redundant, because they still have to do the work to get in shape anyway. The body doesn’t automatically contort into that shape, you have to sculpt it through training. So if you want abs it’s a mix of eating the right stuff (avoiding doughy, carby stuff like bread), doing cardio then stuff like crunches to get the ripped look. Same goes for every body part. Do all of that and your body WILL start to look that way, there’s no other way of looking that way.

So when you say “Jinder does steroids”, what you’re actually saying is “I don’t believe Jinder could do that much work without help.” And to that I say...have you ever even said more than two words to Jinder Mahal? What basis do you have to question his dedication? Or are you just imagining what he’s like based on the character he plays on TV?

leggo wrote: »
    Do you know what steroids actually do? Like do you understand the theory behind them? So it’s not like you inject something into your arse then wake up ripped after a while. They’re performance enhancers. So they give you extra testosterone that’ll enable you to lift slightly heavier or do a few reps extra in the gym. In really, really basic laymen’s terms, if you take steroids and don’t work out, you’re going to end up eating a lot more but not doing anything to counter that so you’ll just get fat.

So questioning the dedication of anyone on steroids based on gains is redundant, because they still have to do the work to get in shape anyway. The body doesn’t automatically contort into that shape, you have to sculpt it through training. So if you want abs it’s a mix of eating the right stuff (avoiding doughy, carby stuff like bread), doing cardio then stuff like crunches to get the ripped look. Same goes for every body part. Do all of that and your body WILL start to look that way, there’s no other way of looking that way.

So when you say “Jinder does steroids”, what you’re actually saying is “I don’t believe Jinder could do that much work without help.” And to that I say...have you ever even said more than two words to Jinder Mahal? What basis do you have to question his dedication? Or are you just imagining what he’s like based on the character he plays on TV?

I never said he was on steroids????

I said earlier on the thread he (or anyone in WWE) could be on something from his doctor under wellness, i.e not dodgy, unmonitored gear like years ago. As a general comment about the outrage people have when they talk about PEDs.

I have no idea what Jinder does, to get good mass and stay so lean for so long is amazing. Could say that about even someone like Finn but he is probably still under 85 kilos, much smaller in mass than Jinder. I understand why people ask questions about him though as opposed to Rollins or Cesaro.

Jinder has a great bod and as I said already it takes extreme dedication to get it. Regardless of any ped help or calculating his macros or bcaas or anything else he consumes.

Apologies, you’re right, I looked back and I’m getting your posts confused with the other person in the discussion and calibrating the two. This whole ‘capital letters+numbers’ name combo is confusing when you’re writing in work. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I re-watched Becky vs. Sasha @ NXT Unstoppable this evening. It is perfect match example of how someone like Becky can get instantly over as a face without actually winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

From the comment about the Steiner and Triple H match at the rumble 2003 I watched it back last night. It started out fine but jesus the DQ at the end seemed like a mercy killing. Once Steiner had the double under hooked "blocked" it went to hell. i'll have to watch the no way out match tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

This is slightly off topic but reminds me of a few years ago when I was talking to a friend of mine about training. Somehow I was talking about creatine and steroids and how they help make you get very strong quickly.I must have left out the part about lifting weights as I assumed he would know obviously know you have to do that too.

I didn't see him for literally a few months and when I saw him again he had been taking creatine and steroids that he got on the net! He had done nothing else! Then he was complaining to me that there was no difference in him just that he got fat. I said but you have to lift weights too! He says ah but he should at least be seeing some muscles even without the weights!

He has a body like Harvey Wippleman but thought that he would be waking up looking like Arnie in his prime! :pac:

Amazing!

:pac:

I know a few people with similar stories! You don’t see them for a while and when you do they look like they ate their former selves.

I mean I guess it’s good that there’s not this widespread knowledge, in a way, but a lot of people do think it’s a magical pill you take to turn into Schwarzenegger overnight. And you can see that attitude in a lot of the “this guy is on the gas” discussions, wrestling or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Virgil had 14 years between his time working in WWF and WCW. According to Ted Dibiase, Virgil lived cheaply on the road, not partying, or fraternising with ring rats. According to Dibiase, Virgil also lived with his mother when not on the road.

So, my question is between the frugal lifestyle he led, and the decent-to-good money he should have been making in those 14 years, and the frugal lifestyle he is known to lead even today, where the hell did his money go that he once was seen effectively panhandling autographs in subway stations?

I have a feeling that Virgil was royally screwed over by a dodgy accountant at some time in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

briany wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Virgil was royally screwed over by a dodgy accountant at some time in the past.

giphy.gif

briany wrote: »
    Virgil had 14 years between his time working in WWF and WCW. According to Ted Dibiase, Virgil lived cheaply on the road, not partying, or fraternising with ring rats. According to Dibiase, Virgil also lived with his mother when not on the road.

So, my question is between the frugal lifestyle he led, and the decent-to-good money he should have been making in those 14 years, and the frugal lifestyle he is known to lead even today, where the hell did his money go that he once was seen effectively panhandling autographs in subway stations?

All the cheap frugil people I know just dont spend it, they hoard it and live cheaply until their death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

this story just makes me want a vince book so much id love to hear all these stories that you dont hear much about vince but alas will never happen.

https://twitter.com/Its0nlyRachel/status/964177884989489157

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

sky88 wrote: »
    this story just makes me want a vince book so much id love to hear all these stories that you dont hear much about vince but alas will never happen.

An honest tell-all book would be the best one ever, but apparently his memory has gotten really bad so I'm not sure it would be what we'd want it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

An honest tell-all book would be the best one ever, but apparently his memory has gotten really bad so I'm not sure it would be what we'd want it to be.

Has anyone read Gunslinger by Jeff Pearlman? It's a book about the life of NFL QB Brett Favre but while writing it the author didn't get to interview Favre. So it's comprised of hundreds of interviews with Favre's family, friends, teammates, journalists that covered various points of his career. It's an excellent read and I would love something like that about Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Alexa Bliss over Chyna in the women's tournament.... have a good long look at yourselves lads! Boo urs indeed!
    First woman that made me take women's wrestling seriously, alundra blaze had her spots but never really got to see her showcased like Chyna was. In fairness Chyna's more memorable matches were against blokes but still.
    For sure she was never the most fulid, but she played major roles in DX storylines and for me that more than makes up for that. Goat female wrestler for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

nazmoalex wrote:
    Alexa Bliss over Chyna in the women's tournament.... have a good long look at yourselves lads! Boo urs indeed! First woman that made me take women's wrestling seriously, alundra blaze had her spots but never really got to see her showcased like Chyna was. In fairness Chyna's more memorable matches were against blokes but still. For sure she was never the most fulid, but she played major roles in DX storylines and for me that more than makes up for that. Goat female wrestler for me.

I'd definitely have gone Chyna over Bliss if I was around to vote but GOAT?

Nah. Lita was better by miles. Charlotte is better by miles. Most of the current roster of females would wrestle rings around her.

Chyna was fairly limited in the ring and I think the Attitude Era and nostalgia in general hides that a little.

Over Bliss? Yep. GOAT. Not imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bliss is a throwback to the Diva Search days.

That is supposed to be best as womens champion. Not biggest star.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i struggle to remember any matches Chyna had against other women except ivory at mania 17 i think so to vote for her in a women champion tournament would not be for me

in terms of characters and memorable moments shes up there but still not up with there trish and lita for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't even rate Chyna particularly highly at that. I far prefer Bliss in every facet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bliss is a throwback to the Diva Search days.

In what way? Would love to see your reasoning for coming to this strange conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I am a massive Bliss fan. I think she grabbed the opportunity that was put in front of her when she was unexpectedly drafted up to the main roster and hasnt looked back. Her facial expressions are so heelish that they are great. I loved her matches with Sasha (maybe that was because of the tension simmering underneath with their actual dislike of each other) Any negatives in my opinion, are due to the overall diminishing spotlight that has been put on womens wrestling in WWE for the last number of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Steroids help you heal faster.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/what-steroids-really-do-to-your-body-w490574/
    Anabolic steroids, also known as androgens, are a synthetic chemical version of testosterone....

All androgens have two basic effects on your body: They’re masculinizing — they heighten male features — and they’re tissue building, which increases muscle and bone. That said, it’s not enough to inject yourself with the steroid and sit around on your sofa. You still have to put in work at the gym. But do that and within a week or so, you’ll notice that you’re bulking up faster than before. That’s because of the steroid’s ability to boost protein synthesis, the process that builds muscle.

“When you work out, you inflame your muscles and damage them. In a normal situation, cortisone comes in to break them down, so they can get built back up bigger than before,” Hoffman says. “When you have extra testosterone, it antagonizes the cortisone in your body, so the muscles don’t break down as much.” The end result: Faster-healing muscles that can get bigger in a hurry. And because the muscles are healing faster, you don’t need as many rest days.

Exactly, so you can lift heavier and/or do extra reps (depending on what you want to do). Same reason you take protein except obviously more effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I love Alexa, sure she mightn't be as good in the ring as some of her counterparts but her character work is good and I personally find her a lot more entertaining to watch than most of the current roster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement