Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Alexa Bliss is like The Miz of womens division. I dont expect her to have MOTY candidate matches or be highly rated by that Meltzer guy, but she makes up for it by the way she carries herself on the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Alexa Bliss is like The Miz of womens division. I dont expect her to have MOTY candidate matches or be highly rated by that Meltzer guy, but she makes up for it by the way she carries herself on the mic.

That's actually a perfect placement of her

She's also only starting her career so you'd hope there will be improvements over the coming years, although her rumoured match against Nia Jax for WM34 is pre show fodder in reality and will be overshadowed badly by Rousey and Asuka/Charlotte should they happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She’s come a long way since her debut on NXT as a sparkle fairy or whatever she was supposed to be. Still work to be done in the ring clearly but she’s not an indie veteran like many of her colleagues. She fully owns her character and she looks fantastic, like it or not that helps, so that’s a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There were some nasty rumours about how Bliss managed to work herself into such a strong position in the company so quickly, but the more I see of her the easier it is to tell that she’s 100% there on her own merit. She’s fantastic IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Fair points made by a few people on Bliss. Majority on here seem to be fans of hers so the voting makes sense. Just threw in my two cents. Bliss for me has improved a fair amount since she moved up. Not a huge fan, but she can only get better in ring. Sorry for multiple posts, phone is knackered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bliss and eilas are perfect example of wrestlers who arent great in ring but can hold there on but their character work is so good that they get over and are bigger successes on main roster than more in ring focused nxt

sky88 wrote: »
    Bliss and eilas are perfect example of wrestlers who arent great in ring but can hold there on but their character work is so good that they get over and are bigger successes on main roster than more in ring focused nxt

They're very good sports entertainers, and passable wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She's gorgeous, definitely, but crap in the ring and her super-bitchy character has been done to death so I don't really find myself surprised or entertained too much by it.

Agree that she's young so there's plenty of time for improvement but I'm so tired of her dominant streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She could do with losing the title and things getting a bit of a shake up I’ll definitely agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mandy Rose is someone who has a future if she keeps going with it and doesn't pull an Eva Marie. I think Alexa bliss is fine in what she does in ring wise( I mean she's never going to be a ring technician) but I think like people say she's the miz in female version. She like the miz won't be injured much which will help her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

one thing that annoyed me a bit from the HBK show in vicar street was he didnt ask the question why himself and the Rock never had a match or feud ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

PTH2009 wrote:
    one thing that annoyed me a bit from the HBK show in vicar street was he didnt ask the question why himself and the Rock never had a match or feud ??

IIRC that's more a timing thing than anything. Shawn wasn't around for most if not all of Rock's main event run, he only came back at Summerslam 02 when Rock was heading off to Hollywood and doing the job for Lesnar.

Rock came back for a few months then if I have the timeline right and was busy with the Hogan rematch, Austin 3 and Goldberg before basically leaving for good (at least on a full time basis).

There just wasn't a time through both their careers were it would have been the right match to make.

Sad, as it's a real dream match but it happens sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

And I don't think Dwayne would have been very happy to work with Shawn either, given how he acted when the Rock first came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    And I don't think Dwayne would have been very happy to work with Shawn either, given how he acted when the Rock first came in.

Ya, Rock's an incredibly professional guy, so he'd never say it publicly. But I'm certain the clique shenanigans would make him not actively looking to work with Shawn. IIRC his Razor/Diesel jabs at the nWo were unscripted circa 2002?

Didn't Rock have a dislike for HBK because of how HBK treated some of his relations in the early-mid 90's or something along those lines, I've a vague memory of HBK being disrespect towards his mother or some other relation

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn't Rock have a dislike for HBK because of how HBK treated some of his relations in the early-mid 90's or something along those lines, I've a vague memory of HBK being disrespect towards his mother or some other relation

It was his grandmother when HBK wrestled in Hawaii early in his career.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DI've a vague memory of HBK being disrespect towards his mother or some other relation

He broke her heart as a kid?

Going to need this match to happen please wwe

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/964786786936356864

• Registered Users Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭briany

I can imagine a 12 year old Kevin Owens being exactly like Josh Peck's character in Mean Creek, except that he would have spoken in French.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

IME there's a disproportionate amount of Adams in wrestling podcasts/commentary. There's Pacitti of Cultaholic, Wickes of the New Gen Podcast, Bilbio of the Attitude Era Podcast, the WhatCulture interns and Mr. I Pretend To Be Woke While Sending Unsolicited Dick Pics. In the words of the great Gregory Helms, "What's up with that?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

IME there's a disproportionate amount of Adams in wrestling

How about WCW in 98/99 with all the Scotts at one time?

Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Scotty Riggs, Scott Armstrong, Scott Putski. Then you had Scott ''Raven'' Levy and Scott Hudson on commentary! Great Scott, Marty!!!

Actual a few Ricks in the company at same time around 1997. Rick Rude, Ric Flair, Ricky Morton, Rick Martel, Rick Steiner.

Oh, and awful hoss tag team Kronik was made up of Brian and Bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Omackeral wrote: »

Oh, and awful hoss tag team Kronik was made up of Brian and Bryan.

12 year old me found Kronik quite cool :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

12 year old me found Kronik quite cool :o

Hash references were cool younglads!!! High times as their finisher and all. The only thing is, one of their gimmick even slightly revolved around marijuana outside of being called after chronic!

Watching wwe 24 on last years mania just makes me want taker to stay retired even more hes struggling so much even walking just makes me sad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

JBL has done a lot of work with regards Rugby in Bermuda iirc and is a big fan hence how he usued to reference people like George Hook and Six nations results during his commentary. He has also made more money outside of Wrestling than in it so it isn't a surprise to see him able to invest in something like this and despite me not exactly thinking its going to be a huge success (despite being a Rugby fan) I do think Rugby could be seen by some American's as a safer version of American Football with all the concussion controversy etc and that the sport could grow somewhat there. JBL is also a good front for such an organization and could bring publicity / a spotlight on them they might not necessarily get even with being in the huge New York market.

Rugby United New York is a terrible name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I bet you JBL will make more money out of MLR than Vince will out of the XFL.

I bet you JBL will make more money out of MLR than Vince will out of the XFL.

Was curious what people thought would happen to XFL mark 2 but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it lost money while I think JBL is shrewd enough to get his investment back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

This version of pro rugby in America looks like the one that will take off. So JBL will get his money back and then some but, it won't be a quick turnaround

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

sky88 wrote: »
    Watching wwe 24 on last years mania just makes me want taker to stay retired even more hes struggling so much even walking just makes me sad

He was walking very gingerly on his way to the ring backstage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement