Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

oneilla wrote: »
    He was walking very gingerly on his way to the ring backstage.

maybe the surgury he had has helped that ???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will we get the 4 horsewomen of WWE vs MMA? Now WWE has Ronda and Shayna under contract. Then with Roderick, I can see them having Marina Shafir around at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Jessamyn Duke has been pictured training with Ronda at a pro wrestling school several times as well. Doesn’t Marina have a small child though? She wouldn’t have a lot of time to train. Maybe they could do a one off some time.

Definitely would expect to see Ronda on her own first though, probably v Stephanie and then Charlotte.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Will we get the 4 horsewomen of WWE vs MMA? Now WWE has Ronda and Shayna under contract. Then with Roderick, I can see them having Marina Shafir around at times.

Next survivor series as a one off I'd guess. Would have been far too soon this year even at Mania.

I'm predicting her first/next 5 matches here:

Mania 34 vs HHH/Steph
    Summerslam vs Charlotte
    Survivor Series vs WWE 4 Horsewoman
    Royal Rumble - Rumble match & winner
    Mania 35 vs Asuka for the title and her streak

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That Hannibal guy has a new shoot interview out with Teddy Hart. I've watched a few extracts of it from youtube.

He seems to think that he still has a shot at making it in WWE, he's hoping Kidd and Natayla pull for him.

Is this a realistic hope for him? He's pushing 40 at this stage and has a chequered past in the industry.

I don't know much about him apart from the fact that he blew his previous two chances in WWE. Is he decent in the ring or just a spot monkey?

Seems like a case of wasted talent and missing the boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That Hannibal guy has a new shoot interview out with Teddy Hart. I've watched a few extracts of it from youtube.

He seems to think that he still has a shot at making it in WWE, he's hoping Kidd and Natayla pull for him.

Is this a realistic hope for him? He's pushing 40 at this stage and has a chequered past in the industry.

I don't know much about him apart from the fact that he blew his previous two chances in WWE. Is he decent in the ring or just a spot monkey?

Seems like a case of wasted talent and missing the boat.

He comes across as a bit off his game. I think it was a Jericho podcast when chris had him on and it went all over the shop at times. It was bizarre stuff. He likes cats but so does natalya. What pull does he think Natalya has exactly ?

I think that ship has sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's funny how you hear about a wrestler moving into acting, when you could describe wrestling itself as being an amalgam of two acting disciplines in improv and stunt work.

Like, in wrestling, wrestlers were traditionally given an outline of the point to put across, much as improv actors are given little more than a situation. Usually great improv actors are lauded for their abilities in this, whereas in wrestling it's considered almost a standard thing.

But I think a lot of wrestlers and actors would scoff at the thought of any such commonality, for different reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He comes across as a bit off his game. I think it was a Jericho podcast when chris had him on and it went all over the shop at times. It was bizarre stuff. He likes cats but so does natalya. What pull does he think Natalya has exactly ?

I think that ship has sailed.
    Yeah he's seriously into cats, he had one on his lap during the interview. He was saying he brings it to indy shows with him and people can get a picture holding the cat. Lol

He definately seems out there. You get the sense that psychological issues are present. He was talking as if Nattie and Tyson have some sort of clout in the WWE. As in they could convince the top brass to give him another go.

Poor guy, I bet he really regrets the poor decisions he made. Had great opportunites and squandered them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I haven't seen much of Teddy Hart, but the little bits I have seen make me think he's just a spot monkey like that Jack Evans guy.

Frankly I keep forgetting Natalya is still there until I see her onscreen then forget again after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The unfortunate thing for Teddy Hart is he burst on the scene at a time when psychology was still seen as important and doing flips for the sake of it was seen as a bad thing. If he came along nowadays he'd be a hero to the sports spot monkey entertainment fans.

I do give him credit though for being one of the first guys to take CM Punk down a peg by standing up to him when he was being a prima donna.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Angron wrote: »
    I haven't seen much of Teddy Hart, but the little bits I have seen make me think he's just a spot monkey like that Jack Evans guy.

How dare you? Love Jack Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The unfortunate thing for Teddy Hart is he burst on the scene at a time when psychology was still seen as important and doing flips for the sake of it was seen as a bad thing. If he came along nowadays he'd be a hero to the sports spot monkey entertainment fans.

I do give him credit though for being one of the first guys to take CM Punk down a peg by standing up to him when he was being a prima donna.

I dunno, I think you’re misremembering a bit. The early/mid noughties were very flippy, ROH came to prominence, it was the heyday of the X Division, Wrestling Society X was a flip of a coin away from becoming huge (it was just a step TOO ambitious maybe). I think Teddy only has himself to blame, and it’s a bit sad now listening to him when all of that opportunity is behind him. Chap probably does have genuine, untreated mental health issues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

cian68 wrote: »
    How dare you? Love Jack Evans

Good for you, but I think he's a bit ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will we have an influx of ex MMA fighters joining the WWE in the coming years.

Cain Velasquez the latest to say he feel at home there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Almas has been the best NXT champion since Kevin Owens.

I really lost interest in NXT weekly show since Balor/Joe era, but it has picked up since they made Almas champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Michael Cole the longest serving air talent the WWE have had?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is Michael Cole the longest serving air talent the WWE have had?

He'd have to be at this stage. From transitioning from the role of backstage announcer to lead commentator, he's been around a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It would be Vince McMahon I'm pretty sure. Started in '71 and was doing it up until late '97.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Was watching King of the Ring 1999 at the weekend (Billy Gunn's crowning moment!) and my God, Kane was absolutely jacked. Head-to-toe just a complete beast.

Can't remember if he had a match, but Triple H appeared alongside Chyna backstage for a promo and had his shoulders facing the camera. His Biceps, Triceps and Chest were a ridiculous size. Anyone know if he was on the juice at this time or could give a guess?

• Advertisement

How come ones who leave WWE can still be advertised with their wwe name? Like "aka Emma". Is it more that they're not allowed to sell merchandise using the wwe name?

Watching NXT this week, i have to wonder how much thought is put into the winners of the tournaments. Out of the 3 so far - Cruiserweight, UK and women's, all winners seemed to move out of favour not long after. Or they just decide to go with one of the other competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watching NXT this week, i have to wonder how much thought is put into the winners of the tournaments. Out of the 3 so far - Cruiserweight, UK and women's, all winners seemed to move out of favour not long after. Or they just decide to go with one of the other competitors.

This is why I haven't seen any of those 3 at all. There is no point as they mean nothing. If the winner arrived on Raw/Smackdown with a significant push then it would be worth something but otherwise they are pointless.

I must watch NXT again though. Haven't watched it in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think he was meant to hit the chair, not Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt but it looked intentional tbh. It isn’t difficult to aim a baseball bat at a target that wide.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt but it looked intentional tbh. It isn’t difficult to aim a baseball bat at a target that wide.

Bat hits the chair first and then down to his face

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah it's more a case of the bat ricocheting off the chair onto his face. I doubt Callihan would be stupid enough to intentionally hit someone like this on a televised show, he could've killed him and this accident alone will catch him enough heat as an unsafe worker.

Tbh the more extreme, hardcore violence is creeping back into style in wrestling and I hope an incident like this can be used as a countermeasure to that. It's not necessary and we know so much better now. There are enough sick-looking spots out there that can be done relatively safely (thumbtacks is an example I'll always give, you don't feel a thing) that it's not necessary to raise the bar. It's lazy and dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Missed that on the first few watches, but that does appear to be the case in fairness. My mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

martyos121 wrote: »
    Missed that on the first few watches, but that does appear to be the case in fairness. My mistake.

Hey I only know because I read elsewhere and then looked at the youtube clip in slowmo, you wouldn't know from the gif alone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement