Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hey I only know because I read elsewhere and then looked at the youtube clip in slowmo, you wouldn't know from the gif alone

Once you mentioned it I started looking out for it and now I can kind of see the bat glance off the chair. You’d need to be looking for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads, if that spot had gone to plan what would it have achieved?
    He'd have hit the chair with a baseball bat, causing Eddie Edwards to get a small fright?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lads, if that spot had gone to plan what would it have achieved?
    He'd have hit the chair with a baseball bat, causing Eddie Edwards to get a small fright?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Did you all see this tweet and the aftermath? :eek:

https://twitter.com/TheEddieEdwards/status/969656073048248320

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oof, that looks really nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus that's going to leave a mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Impact vs Lucha Underground show for WM weekend could be great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Did you all see this tweet and the aftermath? :eek:

https://twitter.com/TheEddieEdwards/status/969656073048248320

They're using TMZ to milk it so I guess they're making lemonade.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That one againist trips was so good honestly think up there with the great great promos ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The Undisputed Era's theme is A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s quite hard to believe Regal didn’t go right to the top in WWE. That promo above on Triple H is a thing of beauty and that type of thing came so easy to him. Excellent wrestler as well, but that goes without saying.

Really hoping they get him onto Raw or Smackdown as a Heyman-style manager at some point, I hear they’re quite high on Killian Dain and they seem like a perfect match.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He was supposed to get a huge push at one point that might have included a World title run but he got a wellness violation right around the same time and it ruined everything apparently.

He alludes to it in the second promo there, I think.

J. Marston wrote: »
    He was supposed to get a huge push at one point that might have included a World title run but he got a wellness violation right around the same time and it ruined everything apparently.

He alludes to it in the second promo there, I think.

This was when he had won King of the Ring in 2008 and was GM of Raw. He was abusing his power big time and it was so convincing. He'd knock the lights out just because he could. Rumour was he would storyline politic his way to a title match. It gave us one of the most unique endings to Raw I can imagine. Was surreal. The descent from calmness into madness is majestic. Starts at 2:00 in. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Dont know how many times I watched that Regal promo against HHH. He is easily one of the best never to hold a world title

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

When I was a kid, I hated his character just a little bit more because I just saw him as a snooty Brit. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

with the stadium shows taking place in Saudi Arabia and Austraila this year is it really any day now that the UK get a massive stadium show ??

I'd be over in a flash for a UK stadium show. Imagine with all the success of Irish wrestlers they decide to hold a show in the Aviva or Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    with the stadium shows taking place in Saudi Arabia and Austraila this year is it really any day now that the UK get a massive stadium show ??

I'd be over in a flash for a UK stadium show. Imagine with all the success of Irish wrestlers they decide to hold a show in the Aviva or Croke Park

You'll never get Croker, there isn't 80,000 wrestling fans in Ireland. The Aviva could be mathematically possible in theory, but I can't ever see it being a financially sound decision for WWE or any other company. If you were going to take that risk, you'd just do it in the UK where they have the population and anticipate that Irish people will travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder who's louder with regards shouting and grunting in the ring : Finn or Becky.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder who's louder with regards shouting and grunting in the ring : Finn or Becky.

I wonder is Becky like that at home when she's doing ehhh washing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think this is my favourite promo in wrestling, ever...

Would love to know the background to it. Did someone write it for him? Did Steiner write it? Was he backstage all day with a calculator making sure everything checked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Hollywood Blondes little feud with the Horsemen was pretty good. Just revisiting it for the first time in a LONG time. But jaysus some o the promos leading up to it were really good. Was a WCW mark because I never had Sky for ages. Some of that 91-93 WCW goes under the radar. Some great stories built around that era for WCW. Nostalgia is a great thing.

Hollywood Blondes little feud with the Horsemen was pretty good. Just revisiting it for the first time in a LONG time. But jaysus some o the promos leading up to it were really good. Was a WCW mark because I never had Sky for ages. Some of that 91-93 WCW goes under the radar. Some great stories built around that era for WCW. Nostalgia is a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Some of that 91-93 WCW goes under the radar. Some great stories built around that era for WCW. Nostalgia is a great thing.

I am in the process of watching all the Nitros from the very beginning on the Network. Currently in summer 97. So much of WCW will go underappreciated because of Vince writing history. DDP's push/development from undercard to main event is unfolding so naturally. NWO was a great idea and fans are really in to it at the point that I am watching, but Nash and Hall seem like assholes. They really dont seem to care about making anyone seem like a star but themselves. Sure they take bumps and try to make guys look good in their matches, but their promos are just cringy. The roster is stacked with great talent in 97 and knowing that they mess up so badly is mental.

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Hollywood Blondes little feud with the Horsemen was pretty good.

Just made the connection between Stunning Steve Austin and the Stone Cold Stunner.

if brock does leave than will they bring in Bobby Lashley as the new big guy special attraction ???

Been odd if they paired Heymen with Lashley

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    if brock does leave than will they bring in Bobby Lashley as the new big guy special attraction ???

Been odd if they paired Heymen with Lashley

God I hope not. Black Lesnar is extremely bland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    God I hope not. Black Lesnar is extremely bland

brock is as well so easy transistion

NWO was a great idea and fans are really in to it at the point that I am watching, but Nash and Hall seem like assholes. They really dont seem to care about making anyone seem like a star but themselves. Sure they take bumps and try to make guys look good in their matches, but their promos are just cringy. The roster is stacked with great talent in 97 and knowing that they mess up so badly is mental.

Yeah that period where Nitro was on top in the ratings, anything in or around the main event really sucked. In ring anyway. The mid carders and lucha boys really held that show together.
    As I said 91-93 WCW had some really good matches with well built stories. When Hogan joined WCW the main event scene suffered big time. I started to watch more WWF because of it. Pre Hogan WCW wasn't too bad for its time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

We didn’t get Sky until 93 or 94 so WCW on ITV was the first US wrestling I saw on any kind of regular basis. I used to like Vader, Sting and Flyin Bryan. I remember them showing Ron Simmons winning the world title for the first time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement