Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Pentecost wrote: »
    We didn’t get Sky until 93 or 94 so WCW on ITV was the first US wrestling I saw on any kind of regular basis. I used to like Vader, Sting and Flyin Bryan. I remember them showing Ron Simmons winning the world title for the first time.

You mean "Flying Brian" Pillman? Yeah it's a shame what happened to him. He was such a talented wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah that’s who I meant sorry, just assumed people would remember that he was called that (incorrect spelling aside, not sure why I put a ‘y’)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm Loving the mixed match challenge. It lets the wrestlers show a bit of personality which is good. Also Alexa and Braun are just gold. I'm jealous of Braun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah! Enjoying it too. Very low time commitment which i like (20m a week). It's kinda shocking seeing wrestlers having a nice relaxed great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yeah! Enjoying it too. Very low time commitment which i like (20m a week). It's kinda shocking seeing wrestlers having a nice relaxed great time.
    It's like a televised house show. Also I think beth Phoenix is improving on commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I've just started watching Lucha Underground from the start. I'm 3 episodes in and I'm not sure if I love or hate it??

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

would the undertaker gimmick work if it debuted today ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

PTH2009 wrote: »

Undertaker got over in large part by no-selling moves and being booked as unbeatable. Hard to see that happening in WWE today when there's so much overexposure. 'Taker wasn't really a huge star at the time and WWE don't really push wrestlers hard who aren't established.

As for the supernatural stuff? Nah, couldn't see it working.

I'm going to say Undertaker's gimmick would work today. Although the original incarnation of the gimmick would not work when he no sold, but I do think Mark Calaway is good enough to get the gimmick over in any era. He made it work during the Attitude Era when Stone Cold and The Rock were at the top, and he made it work in other eras as well. It just depends on how he is booked and presented. If he's booked like Bray Wyatt who loses a lot and never has anything to show for it, then the fans won't buy in it, but if he's booked strongly enough then I think he could get over today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I prefer Smackdown's women's roster and can understand Asuka's choice.
    Who are Raw's top women?
    A cowardly shortie, a reckless performer, a screaming obese woman, a happy woman

• Advertisement

can see Cena maybe breaking flairs record at mania 35 against the one and only Roman Reigns

I'm thinking mania 35 will be less part timers and more current/future stars. It's so to predict and very far away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I wish I was good at art, getting a very Mortal Kombat vibe off the intercontinental championship match and am waiting for someone talented at that stuff to spot it. Going by the last 2 weeks attire for each:

Sub zero (Finn) Vs johnny Cage (Miz) Vs Scorpion (Seth)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Speaking of art, saw some cool fan-art for Asuka vs Charlotte on Reddit the other day...

mtJiLM8l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is from another thread but didn't wanna take it off course. Shudder....
    you'd be surprised with John Cena sometimes when hes at the hotels, he doesn't stop and give autographs or anything most of the time and speeds to the bus. Seth Rollins and Orton can be pretty contrary sometimes I've heard and going near them when there working out is a no no .

If you go stalking at a hotel, a gym or bother a wrestler when they're eating or drinking you're an obsessed freak in my book. These guys and girls are on the road and doing appearances enough, bothering them when they're going about their own private business is horrific.

That Brock Lesnar Guy fella is the worst for that type of thing hanging around arrivals gates. Don't be like him lads. Look how much Miz and Christian are suffering here.

C1VLXt1XgAECMmB.jpg
    C1VLXt1XUAEKE3A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I know I’ve said it before but I fcuking hate Lesnar guy with a passion. Hope he gets decked next time he tries that.

There isn’t a bigger tool in pro-wrestling fandom, but the clown twat comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Not a chance.
    To quote Triple H - "WWE today is in the reality era" so if we take The Undertaker of 1990 being a dead-man, coming out with a manager called Paul Bearer with an urn... sadly no chance (but who didnt like the untertaker at the time of course! :) )

But if we take The Undertaker of now? it's all about his legacy. Beating so many people at wrestlemania and an old dog with still a lot of fight in him. But without that background how could you sell that background as the slate would be wiped clean and starting fresh.

The expression on the Miz's face, who died inside a little, is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sasha has some great ones...

23737850190_5c4ed3433e_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Going way back here but what does this mean? :D

"...and I'm having a hard time holding these alligators down!'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

They do not look happy do they? :pac:
    Think we can all understand their annoyance tho. On the road and just wanting to go where they need to be instead of being annoyed by fans.

That said if getting 250 grand a year (even more depending on your spot), not being mortage'd up... then leaving WWE one day potentially a millionaire being able to easily support your family? then yeah... sign me up to all the annoying fans out there :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sasha has some great ones...

Let's not forget this classic

sasha-airport-face.jpg

Which was good enough to inspire Big E to have it made into socks

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/743065520220602368

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

martyos121 wrote: »
    I know I’ve said it before but I fcuking hate Lesnar guy with a passion. Hope he gets decked next time he tries that.

There isn’t a bigger tool in pro-wrestling fandom, but the clown twat comes close.

3 words

Frank the Clown

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Going way back here but what does this mean? :D

"...and I'm having a hard time holding these alligators down!'

He was just talking about his expensive shoes. Standard Flair bragging.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long will it be before Vince brings Hulk back into the fold to put Roman over.

How long will it be before Vince brings Hulk back into the fold to put Roman over.

I'd worry that Hulk would murder him on the mic. The natural uphill struggle of babyface Roman + nostalgia for the greatest star of the 80s, it could be a disaster for WWE. I'd LOVE to see it!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd worry that Hulk would murder him on the mic. The natural uphill struggle of babyface Roman + nostalgia for the greatest star of the 80s, it could be a disaster for WWE. I'd LOVE to see it!

That would be funny. They booed The Rock at WM18, but that was The Rock. Imagine Roman in that position.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    3 words

Frank the Clown

can't forget the long haired guy (simon) who's always in the front row. he's seems ok but it's a wonder how he gets those good tickets all the time and can afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

can't forget the long haired guy (simon) who's always in the front row. he's seems ok but it's a wonder how he gets those good tickets all the time and can afford it

Son of Mom. Always there with his mother, always front row, always opposite the hard cam. His dad probably works for WWE or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Don't understand that whole buzz approaching celebrities at inappropriate times. Only time I'd feel comfortable doing it is when they're getting paid to greet fans. The weird thing about it is that you'd have to be really obsessed to know the flight they're due in on, what hotel they're staying at, etc...

Thought Sasha had zero tolerance for it any way so I'm surprised she'd even angrily indulge an idiot in the situation. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Anyone you stalks celebrities for photos and autographs need a life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement