Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ellsworth as his partner simply must happen. It’s the ultimate payoff to their story.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ellsworth as his partner simply must happen. It’s the ultimate payoff to their story.

I was thinking the same thing. If he had been kept as a face he would have gotten a huge pop for returning.

I wonder could they pull another Santino and just have someone be picked from the crowd or does the popluarity of NXT make that impossible?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tired of Miz's "shoot" gimmick. He still delivers the promos well but it's the actual content.

I know we're in the reality era but when you're pulling back the curtain a little every week, it gets old quick.

Cena's instagram line and Reigns going back to Vince last week piqued my interest. Miz saying Tyler Black and Prince Devitt and talking about pushes just made me roll my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cena's instagram line and Reigns going back to Vince last week piqued my interest. Miz saying Tyler Black and Prince Devitt and talking about pushes just made me roll my eyes.

Its Nevitt no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Tired of Miz's "shoot" gimmick. He still delivers the promos well but it's the actual content.

I know we're in the reality era but when you're pulling back the curtain a little every week, it gets old quick.

It does get old quick. Miz shooting like that won't benefit anyone other than himself but I guess that's the idea. Finn seems to be happy enough with his role anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Its Nevitt no?

No it devitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know it's Devitt, but it did sound like Miz said Nevitt.

Seeing the recent wrestlemania poster with Naomi, it got me wondering how she is getting a bigger push than Becky. I've just never been a fan. Maybe it's because I remember her Funkadactyl days. It's it her time in Total Divas that's getting her ahead?

People like her. I remember she got a really big pop when Smackdown did that list thing a few weeks ago.

Popular, unique entrance, alright in the ring, Total Divas, demographic I guess is a thing too since I think she's the only black woman on Smackdown (I think?).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Been fantasy booking bryan in my head since the news broke and the more i think of it they need to do roman vs bryan main event at mania 35.

have bryan keep coming up short in the big matches all year till the royal rumble wins and moves to raw. roman finally turns heel after the rumble destroying bryan all the way to mania then bryan wins at mania to complete the fairytale comeback.

i think it would be an awesome match as their fastlane match from a few years ago was great and roman has gotten better since then and bryan wasnt in the best shape then eithier

yes i realise romans never turning but a boy can dream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That girl is getting WM tickets and getting featured in the backstage doc meeting all the female wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm still over the moon about Daniel Bryan returning to the ring. I haven't been this interested in wrestling in a long time. I can't wait to see Bryan back in the ring. Imagine the matches he could have with AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zahn and more. One feud that I think really needs to happen is Daniel Bryan Vs The Miz. With all the s*it between Bryan and The Miz over the years, all the s*it talking The Miz has been doing against Bryan, and constantly mocking Bryan by doing his moves, it's time for The Miz to finally face Bryan and reap what he sowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know it's Devitt, but it did sound like Miz said Nevitt.

Seeing the recent wrestlemania poster with Naomi, it got me wondering how she is getting a bigger push than Becky. I've just never been a fan. Maybe it's because I remember her Funkadactyl days. It's it her time in Total Divas that's getting her ahead?

She's married into the Samoan's, that's pretty much a job for life in some cases. Look at Tamina and how many chances Nia will get.

Becky is a weird one, the fan's love her and she's a awesome babyface but even in NXT and now on main roster. She's always been looking up at Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley to a extent. If you want Charlotte to start up her new feud, have Becky be beat down and beaten by the heel. Put the title on Becky so she can drop it to Alexa. When you think she's about to break out, she's then stopped in her tracks lol. Maybe a heel turn might change her fortunes, but I wouldn't be surprised if she end's up the lackey of Alexa or something lol. Shame as I think Becky should be a multi time champ not Alexa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Smackdown womens division is missing a strong heel character within division. I always thought it was a mistake to turn Charlotte face since she really carried the division on RAW as a heel which is what Alexa Bliss doing right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭briany

How come Too Cool are semi-airbrushed from WWE history? Rikishi never thanked them in his HoF induction and on the Usos' Ride Along they were playing the music in the car and driver Uso was going "Aw, yeah! Rikishi!" and then joking about "Weren't there other guys who had that music? Uhh I dunno."

It's like it's another WWE retcon where it was Too Cool who were riding Rikishi's coat tails, whereas I seem to remember that they were a already on their way by the time Rikishi got with them.

They were definitely better together but it was very much a symbiotic thing.

Dunno. Brian Christopher had issues and still does according to the latest news article about him...

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0316/637988/photo-brian-christopher-badly-beaten-after-fight-with-chase/

Wiki says Scotty is working in the performance centre now so he's on good terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

briany wrote: »
    How come Too Cool are semi-airbrushed from WWE history? Rikishi never thanked them in his HoF induction and on the Usos' Ride Along they were playing the music in the car and driver Uso was going "Aw, yeah! Rikishi!" and then joking about "Weren't there other guys who had that music? Uhh I dunno."

It's like it's another WWE retcon where it was Too Cool who were riding Rikishi's coat tails, whereas I seem to remember that they were a already on their way by the time Rikishi got with them.

You are correct.
    Too Cool were already starting to get over when Rikishi joined them.
    Here's the thing tho... WWE always liked Rikishi. He started out as a headshrinker, then ghetto Fatu (for the lack of a better term), then the sultan then finally they paired him with Too Cool. He got repackaged many times.
    Even after that Too Cool run had ended they tried to push him to main eventer after it was revealed he "ran over" Austin and started to feud with The Rock.

I really liked Too Cool but yeah it was apparent that WWE used them as a vehicle to push Rikishi once adding him got over more. Scotty and Christoper were pushed to the side. But hey both men probably earned a good fair bit during the run too. So not all a down-note.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This was very well done.

Nakamura and Angle themes in particular sounded great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I miss King Neville

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Aim to once again head over to a Raw Tv taping in the UK in the Autumn

I'm assuming dates will be Mon 5th Nov 2018 as it's always a week before the go home Survivor Series show ???. Going to u2 in Dublin on the 6th Nov so can't do the SD taping this time

2014- Liverpool
    2015- Manchester
    2016- Glasgow
    2017- Manchester

Going by this I assume Nov tapings could take place in Liverpool again ???. What other arenas would be considered outside of London for the tapings, I'd gladly take Glasgow again as they were great shows in 2016. Booking a few free cancellation hotels in a few city's on the date I'm guessing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

briany wrote: »

Anyone remember when Too Cool were randomly on the first NXT live show? (Before they were called Takeover)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

guys on the UK fan fourm are thinking the Genting Arena in Birmingham or Echo Arena in Liverpool will get the Nov TV tapings

Never been to Birmingham but from looking the aiport is very near the arena, Liverpool is a good location very small and accisable although never went to the Arena there ??

Standard clothesline/chest slap warrants a shooting star apparently....

https://gfycat.com/IcyGlitteringCaracal

That guy annoys me ever since I saw his ballet routine with Ricochet (I think?) about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That guy annoys me ever since I saw his ballet routine with Ricochet (I think?) about a year ago.

Don’t let Mr Nice Guy or Jim Cornette see this. It’s fcuking daft in all fairness though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Thats a Shotei which is one of Liger's trademark moves. Yes the bump by Will is a bit ott but if he didn't sell it people would complain about him not selling. It's not like he's the first person to ever do a flip bump off a clothesline. Hell one of Rikishi's big moves was getting clotheslined and doing a flip.

An inch-perfect standing shooting star just breaks immersion totally, for me.

AJ is great at messy believable bumps. If someone knocks him off the top rope before one of his springboard moves, it's like he's been pushed down the stairs.

Is it possible for someone to do a move from a high place on to a crowd of people without them all standing around waiting for it and making it obvious? Don't think I've seen one that looked natural

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Great comment on reddit about who Bryan's replacement partner for mania should be
    Undertaker should be Bryan's partner just to piss Cena off

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Something I've just been thinking about with Daniel Bryan. A while ago Daniel Bryan seemed to be supportive of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. He kept on going against Shane McMahon on decisions and accused Shane of being biased against Owens and Zayn. There seemed to be tension building up between Daniel and Shane for a while. It also seemed to me that Bryan might have been working with Owens and Zayn secretly and that the storyline was setting up for Bryan turning heel and joining forces with Owens and Zayn. Now I don't know if that's how it was really meant to be i'm just speculating, but that did seem to be the route they were going with Daniel Bryan.

However things have changed now. Bryan is now cleared to return to the ring and he is even going to tag team with Shane McMahon against Owens and Zayn at Wrestlemania. This leads me to wonder if the storyline has been changed. It was only last week we heard that Bryan was cleared to wrestle again and it looks like Smackdown last week was changed on the fly. Didn't they only just find out before Smackdown that Bryan got the all clear?

My question is, was Bryan going to turn heel but the storyline is changed now because he can wrestle again? Did WWE plan to turn Bryan heel before they knew Bryan was going to get the all clear, but now that they know they have had to change the plans because of the news? I believe it's possible because nobody is going to boo Bryan when he finally returns to the ring so making him a heel would been a mistake. They might have gotten away with it if Bryan didn't get cleared and couldn't return to the ring, but now that he is coming back to the ring it looks like the plans were changed suddenly.

• Advertisement

It still seems someone is turning at Mania. With the stipulation made for the match a turn by Shane or Bryan seems likely, in my opinion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement