Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It still seems someone is turning at Mania. With the stipulation made for the match a turn by Shane or Bryan seems likely, in my opinion

Bryan turning heel would be interesting but don't think they will do it with the reactions he's getting

Shane turning on him would kind of make no sense too cause why would shand help the guys who attacked him ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It still seems someone is turning at Mania. With the stipulation made for the match a turn by Shane or Bryan seems likely, in my opinion

Which is a bad idea, no need for a Mania swerve, with Bryan on his side it will be perfectly okay for Shane to win a match, perfectly okay for the heels to lose. So the stip is not needed

I would love to see KO refuse the match, tell Bryan and Shane he can go and work elsewhere and make money. He knows Bryan and Shane want to face Sami and Kevin so if they really want him at mania he wants a concrete contract that he can't be fired from ever again. At least that would be in keeping with his tricking of Vince back when he got agreement he couldn't be fired for hurting a McMahon in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Shane turning on him would kind of make no sense too cause why would shand help the guys who attacked him ??

I'm sure they'll find some excuse for Shane turning. Like how Zayn turned to help Owens. I don't see them firing the 2 guys since they then have to get them back somehow and a turn is the way to have Daniel Bryan's big return match end in defeat without making Bryan look weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm sure they'll find some excuse for Shane turning. Like how Zayn turned to help Owens. I don't see them firing the 2 guys since they then have to get them back somehow and a turn is the way to have Daniel Bryan's big return match end in defeat without making Bryan look weak.

On his hospital bed he realised how destructive Ko/Zayn can be and got new found respect for them both. Hell styles attacked Shane and they became friends a few weeks later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »

Big dust could talk them into the building, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I think it be crazy of them to have Bryan lose his first match back, that's just me. It be a massively stupid decision. You can work around the whole Owens/Zayn leaving thing easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Whether WWE have Bryan lose his first match back or have to try to figure out a way out of the KO/Zayn losing their jobs, If nothing else, WWE have finally got a main event level match where people cant decide on the outcome weeks in advance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Considering the rumors of a superstar shakeup / draft post mania I would just imagine this match will be a Bryan/Shane win and KO/Zayn will head to Raw.

Good luck turning the most over man in the company heel, it'd be more likely that they would inadvertently turn Owens & Zayn face if they tried that. Plus It's Bryan's return match and both him and Shane would be coming back after beatdowns at the hands of Owens / Zayn and getting their revenge and it's a chance for Shane to actually get a win at Mania instead of always being booked in big matches and like a big deal despite losing those big matches always.

Maybe they will surprise me but I can only see a feel good moment with Bryan (&Shane I guess) winning

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Whether WWE have Bryan lose his first match back or have to try to figure out a way out of the KO/Zayn losing their jobs, If nothing else, WWE have finally got a main event level match where people cant decide on the outcome weeks in advance.

You could either have Shane turn on Bryan or have Owens/Zayn lose and go to Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this on Reddit, Finn's wrestling school in 2002 (although the photo quality makes it look like 1962)...

lX5a7um.jpg

Only recognise him and Becky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I think that's Paul Tracey in white t-shirt in the ring in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

sean maxer and paddy morrow, 2nd and 3rd from left in the front row. is that Joey Cabray on the far left in the middle row?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

One of the greatest moments in recent Wrestlemania history, Seth Rollins cashing in and winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They should do that with Carmella and Asuka, it’d be great.

By great I mean terrible, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Carmella has to cash in at Mania right? Is this the longest anyone has ever held on to the briefcase. Have a feeling she will interject herself into the match towards the end and pin Charlotte and keep Asuka undefeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

She has until the next Money In The Bank PPV to do it.

Carmella has to cash in at Mania right? Is this the longest anyone has ever held on to the briefcase. Have a feeling she will interject herself into the match towards the end and pin Charlotte and keep Asuka undefeated.

She’d still be defeated if it becomes a triple threat and she doesn’t win. Well she should be, who knows what way WWE would spin it. I expect they’ll tease her cashing in but she’ll get taken out before the ref signals she’s in the match.

Pentecost wrote: »
    She’d still be defeated if it becomes a triple threat and she doesn’t win. Well she should be, who knows what way WWE would spin it. I expect they’ll tease her cashing in but she’ll get taken out before the ref signals she’s in the match.

Well did brock lose his match at mania even though Roman took the pin ? I mean the moment people think about is Rollins pinning reigns. It was also presented as a new match. This is pro wrestling and every excuse in the book is used to make the fans see things the way they want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I was just thinking that they would want to keep Asukas undefeated streak going whilst allowing Carmella to cash in the briefcase. I can’t see them giving Asuka her first defeat to Carmella but I also feel like Carmell will have to cash in very soon. Unless she jumps to Raw and uses it there

• Advertisement

But they've made it clear the streak also counts in multi person matches such as the mixed match challenge

Watching Mania 3 in full for the first time. Good fun but you’d notice the amount of matches without clean finishes which they wouldn’t do today.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Watching Mania 3 in full for the first time. Good fun but you’d notice the amount of matches without clean finishes which they wouldn’t do today.
    Don't watch mania 4 then. That was a double VHS back in the day. It wasn't helped by the WWF title tournament and some of the matches are literally to tick a box.

But mania 3 was a spectacle to look at though. That opening shot of the silverdome is an iconic shot.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Don't watch mania 4 then. That was a double VHS back in the day. It wasn't helped by the WWF title tournament and some of the matches are literally to tick a box.

But mania 3 was a spectacle to look at though. That opening shot of the silverdome is an iconic shot.

There were a couple of early matches at 3 which (it seemed) went less than 10 mins and had sh*t finishes. The crowd in the Silverdome were going nuts for the big matches though. Hogan slamming Andre and hitting the leg drop for the win had them screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Don't you mean the superdome brother??

-HH

Why do NXT commentators constantly refer to Almas as Andrade "Cien" Almas? Don't they see the quotes around the middle name? It's like always referring to The Rock as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/980453632331038720?s=21

The sheik bringing the lols on April fools day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

6 years ago Daniel Bryan was beaten in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania 28 by Sheamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    6 years ago Daniel Bryan was beaten in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania 28 by Sheamus.

It's funny how things work out. Bryan lost to Sheamus in 18 seconds and a lot of fans were unhappy about it. Everybody was looking forward to seeing Bryan wrestle at Wrestlemania and I'm sure some might have even said he could have the match of the night. A lot of people said he was buried by Sheamus or WWE. Instead he lost in a squash match and it turned out to be one of the biggest turning points in his WWE career. Now Bryan is a former WWE Champion who main evented Wrestlemania 30, and is one of their most popular wrestlers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Christ that's mad. I was in Captain America's watching it and think I was one of the few not cheering the result. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement