Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sheamus and Cesaro will probably lose in 18 seconds at this years WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Christ that's mad. I was in Captain America's watching it and think I was one of the few not cheering the result. :pac:

I was there too. Stunned at what I seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just watched wm30 again and i know daniels moment of winning the titles gets talked about a lot but god his matches with trips and then the triple threat match are such great great matches. Triple threat is my favourite main event ever at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's amazing that Elias is only 30

He looks way older

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

On a similar theme Adam Cole is only 28 or 29 but looks about 35-40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was shocked to see that Asuka was 36.

Had her at 28-29.

Makes it even more surprising that she's been given the huge streak. Not like she's a home-grown youngster that they're pushing to the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Some people have a harder life than others or just took the hand they were given genetics wise. I don't have a hard time believing Cole and Elias are no more than their age anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So seeing as it wrestlemania week, I've a question for the assembled brethren. The wrestlemania III attendance was said to be 93,173 at the silver dome. Now that's been disputed by lots of people including gods gift to wrestling Dave meltzer. He said it was 78,000. But the Detroit lions stated attendance was 80,311 for NFL games. So take that figure and ADD the people on the floor we are supposed to believe meltzer with 78,000 ? My question what do you think it was if you don't think it was 93,173 ?

I think it was near 90,000 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I’d be inclined to believe that the wrestling promotion padded the stats, it’s standard practise for all promotions and no harm really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Might that figure include all staff present on the day. I wouldnt believe there was 93,173 paying spectators there.

• Advertisement

I think the real number for WM3 is said to be about 75k actually paid to get in.

So could they have given away nearly 20k tickets probably.

Ive always thought it was somewhere in between the 78k and 93k. 78 seemed to low to mer considering they were getting 80k for the football but wwe always pads the auidance figures. My guess would be 85k and yes its not all paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

As an aside from the current shenanigans with the Bullet Club (Kenny vs. Cody), they've gone and done this..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I was googling about the old song Funky Cold Medina and it's questionable lyrics when I saw that someone had made a post on reddit about Billy Kidman's old theme.. I never noticed anything before and used to quite like the song, but written down the lyrics are more than a bit odd
    You can run if you want to, because you can't hide
    So you can run if you want to, because you can't hide

I see you don't know, who you dealin with
    But I don't have it all, I'm a lunatic
    Cause see society, they labelled me a threat
    But I'm just gettin started, I'm not finished yet

Look me in my eyes, I can see your thoughts
    All your ups and downs, all your little faults
    Keep actin tough, it's gonna get creepy
    All of a sudden you're startin to feel sleepy
    But in these streets, when you doze off
    you wake up wit'cha clothes off, ashamed feelin so lost

Holy crap that song goes off a cliff fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So seeing as it wrestlemania week, I've a question for the assembled brethren. The wrestlemania III attendance was said to be 93,173 at the silver dome. Now that's been disputed by lots of people including gods gift to wrestling Dave meltzer. He said it was 78,000. But the Detroit lions stated attendance was 80,311 for NFL games. So take that figure and ADD the people on the floor we are supposed to believe meltzer with 78,000 ? My question what do you think it was if you don't think it was 93,173 ?

I think it was near 90,000 myself.

Read an article on this recently. The writer brings up the football stadium sellout number but doesn't really make much argument against it. https://deadspin.com/how-many-people-were-actually-at-wrestlemania-iii-a-de-1824178481/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Fibbing an extra 15,000 people seems ridiculous but 2000-3500 maybe not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I have to wonder...why lie? What's the point, other than dick-wav...ah, now I get it.

I have to wonder...why lie? What's the point, other than dick-wav...ah, now I get it.

It’s a legitimate business tactic to be fair. It lets them say fancy words like ‘records’ when they feel they need a bit of extra oomph. The flip side is it’ll be called out and they’ll be judged as such, but if it’s a road they choose to go down then they’ve every right to as it harms nobody.

It happens a lot in all sports slight lies sure arsenal did it on Saturday announced 60k but was clearly not 60k there.

I would love to see the WWE set up a year long build to Wrestlemania 35 between Asuka and Ronda both staying undefeated in a winner takes all match unifying the RAW & Smackdown Women's titles.

• Advertisement

I would love to see the WWE set up a year long build to Wrestlemania 35 between Asuka and Ronda both staying undefeated in a winner takes all match unifying the RAW & Smackdown Women's titles.

ill bet money on the main event of mania 35 being charlotte vs ronda.

i also think charlotte is beating askua on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

sky88 wrote: »
    ill bet money on the main event of mania 35 being charlotte vs ronda.

Hopefully not.
    On one hand it's good that women wrestlers are getting a bigger spot but on the other the biggest match that people come to see (or the most over wrestler) should always be the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

sky88 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Looking through the shows on WrestleMania Weekend, and think I'll watch the following shows:

[B]Thursday[/B]

Matt Riddle's Bloodsport (Looking forward to the no ropes no pinfalls)
    Evolve 102 (A great looking card with Zack Sabre Jr vs Matt Riddle in the main event)

Friday

Evolve 103
    WWN Supershow
    Might also watch Joey Janela's Spring Break if I have time

Saturday
    NXT Takeover (My most anticipated show of the weekend. I'm really invested in the Gargano & Ciampa story)
    Might give the ROH show a look if I get time on Sunday as that's a really good card, and a huge main event of Cody vs Omega.

Sunday
    Just WrestleMania, think the over 7 hours should be enough, though it'll be a Monday night job for me.

Just wondering if anyone knows how quick Evolve are usually to get their shows up on VOD?, as I'm planning on watching the late night shows the following day rather than staying up all night three nights in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only saw this video now. Kinda backs up the leave it all to the professionals line

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Only saw this video now. Kinda backs up the leave it all to the professionals line

That's was before one of the early wrestlemanias wasn't it ? I might be the first one actually. Yeah that guy seemed to just pass out very quickly even though I don't think hulk tightened up on it. Well he said he didn't but it's hogan so who knows.

Munch said he got $400k from the lawsuit he took against Hogan for that.. Hogan say he got $5m from it $2.5m from Hogan & $2.5m form Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure with the size of his arms, any flex at all would tighten it.
    A follow up video of Belzer talking about it and the lawsuit. Video is brighter as well so you can see the blood from his head at about 5:40

Munch said he got $400k from the lawsuit he took against Hogan for that.. Hogan say he got $5m from it $2.5m from Hogan & $2.5m form Vince.

So hogan exaggerated stuff again ? Never. I actually like munch as he's very good on a show I like law and order:SVU(oh mariska hargitay how are ya) but I loved Mr T just being insane and trying to explain what was going on.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what role Jeremy Borash will have with the WWE no that he is there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement