Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On another note, was just thinking about Balor's injury during the Universal title match and going on to win it. In those cases whose responsibility is it to call for a change of result?
    Like I assume before the match starts that the competitors and ref are told that if they feel something going wrong that will hinder their title run to change the outcome. So would it just have been a case of Balor feeling something and not wanting to accept it or thought it wasn't too bad, or should he have told the ref to put the belt on Seth?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Christ that's mad. I was in Captain America's watching it and think I was one of the few not cheering the result. :pac:
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I was there too. Stunned at what I seen.

My recollection of that night?

Scene missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    On another note, was just thinking about Balor's injury during the Universal title match and going on to win it. In those cases whose responsibility is it to call for a change of result?
    Like I assume before the match starts that the competitors and ref are told that if they feel something going wrong that will hinder their title run to change the outcome. So would it just have been a case of Balor feeling something and not wanting to accept it or thought it wasn't too bad, or should he have told the ref to put the belt on Seth?

Well I'm assuming if the ref throws up an X sign then those back stage will know one guy is injured they will pass on what's to happen next through the refs earpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah in WWE, it'd all come down to Vince and it'd be relatively handy to do considering ringside is surrounded with people with a direct line to him. Elsewhere, it'd be tougher and would more rely on calling an audible, which gets tricky if titles are involved especially on the indies (because holding a title necessitates a repeat booking that's not necessarily guaranteed). Generally, though, if the wrestler could continue the result would almost always go to plan and they'd worry about the rest afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Also if a wrestler or commentator(Jerry lawyer incident) has a serious injury then bar being in a hospital you couldn't be in a better place then a wwe ring. I hate to think if jerrys heart attack had happened somewhere else other then an arena filled with WWE and otherside medical staff how different the outcome could have been.

Also didn't Finn pop his shoulder back into place ?

A great insight into this would be Jericho's podcast with Charles Robinson talking about the Neville injury. It's very interesting to learn how it's handled. Also, Charles Robinson said that if you ask a guy if they are okay and they don't answer or say they are when they aren't, what exactly can a ref do ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

According to Finn on his documentary, the shoulder popped several times during that match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

oneilla wrote: »
    According to Finn on his documentary, the shoulder popped several times during that match.

I thought he said it popped many times before the match so he knew how to deal with it at the time?

It was later he realised it was bad (?)

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also if a wrestler or commentator(Jerry lawyer incident) has a serious injury then bar being in a hospital you couldn't be in a better place then a wwe ring. I hate to think if jerrys heart attack had happened somewhere else other then an arena filled with WWE and otherside medical staff how different the outcome could have been.

Also didn't Finn pop his shoulder back into place ?

A great insight into this would be Jericho's podcast with Charles Robinson talking about the Neville injury. It's very interesting to learn how it's handled. Also, Charles Robinson said that if you ask a guy if they are okay and they don't answer or say they are when they aren't, what exactly can a ref do ?

Pull the other wrestler to the side, tell them, stop the match (at least temporarily) and get medical help would be the procedure if they don’t answer. The ref has to be the main judge as to whether they seem okay or not if it seems like they’re lying or codding themselves.

I’ve reffed matches where someone got hurt and the other froze so I had to come up with a finish on the fly. It’s a really tough job like, with a lot of responsibility, and if you get it wrong you’ll hear about it from all angles!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

just watched brian cage vs bobby lashley from a recent impact and i would prefer brian cage going too wwe than lashley.

at the end of the day does wwe need more big guys ???

we have lars sullivan and cillian dane on nxt who might debut on th main roster some day and also strowman and them on the main card. I suppose if lesner leaves they need a new big guy part time attraction which Lashley could be but will many actually remember him ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

For all the regular Sky Sports viewers, have any of ye ever noticed the repetitiveness of the “From The Vault” matches you get after Raw and sometimes leading into the live weekly shows? Every single time it’s a match from 2011 to 2012 featuring at least one of Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, The Miz or Rey Mysterio. Sometimes two or more of them, but always at least one. I noticed it a long time ago but just wondering if anyone else picked up on it. One of those odd little things.

• Advertisement

As soon as you started typing that I thought of Kofi Kingston and Rey Mysterio. So yes. Occasionally, if they’re pushing the boat out, you’ll get a shneaky Chavo Guerrero match.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Never remember spotting Chavo on it. I’m going to have to start watching it religiously now until he’s featured. Just because. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Super-Rush wrote: »

Scene missing.

I speared some randomer outside in a mess fight and banged my noggin. Good times

leggo wrote: »
    As soon as you started typing that I thought of Kofi Kingston and Rey Mysterio. So yes. Occasionally, if they’re pushing the boat out, you’ll get a shneaky Chavo Guerrero match.

Del Rio, R Truth, Rey...... never Perfect, Savage, Steamboat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I speared some randomer outside in a mess fight and banged my noggin. Good times

Joey, you weren't at Mania 26 in Phoenix by any chance?

Myself & SuperRush were there, drinking in a bar with some Irish blokes. Random spearing and Ric Flair chops were order of the night

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Joey, you weren't at Mania 26 in Phoenix by any chance?

Myself & SuperRush were there, drinking in a bar with some Irish blokes. Random spearing and Ric Flair chops were order of the night

I was not, but that sounds like me.

beakerjoe wrote: »

The amount of pretend wrestling matches that used to happen outside these! Or once I remember getting sent a pic of the Phil Lynott statue with the WWE Title across his shoulder. :pac:

leggo wrote: »
    The amount of pretend wrestling matches that used to happen outside these! Or once I remember getting sent a pic of the Phil Lynott statue with the WWE Title across his shoulder. :pac:

Lots of lads thrown into the walls and shutters of HMV is a lasting memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Super-Rush wrote: »

Scene missing.

I was fresh.....ish.

Been only to that one and 30 and remember the best moments fairly clearly. 30 was the better craic for the buffoons in attendance providing entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Another random tidbit of information, 7 years ago today, Edge wrestled his last match at WRESTLEMANIA 27, and 7 years next Wednesday this happened.

I miss hearing Alter Bridge's Metalingus on television every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

End of era hbk has finally cut the ponytail

https://twitter.com/TheFrenchP/status/981635597063413763?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I shouldn't be as sad as I am right now..... :|

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I fully expected him to be 90 with a long flowing mullet

I did love one guy trying to reason hes getting a hair transplant and having one more run

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Delighted I saw the real Shawn Michaels in Dublin a few months ago ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

He just doesn't look the same with short hair but We got used to Triple H, undertaker and Edge with short hair

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I was fresh.....ish.

Been only to that one and 30 and remember the best moments fairly clearly. 30 was the better craic for the buffoons in attendance providing entertainment.

A photo of myself, yourself and Super Rush just appeared in my Facebook memory feed. Good times. Many pitchers were consumed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Haha....yea. Good night. Didn't go there with the plan to meet boardsies but recognised Super Rush and approached him. Great craic.

Haha....yea. Good night. Didn't go there with the plan to meet boardsies but recognised Super Rush and approached him. Great craic.

I love the amount of ‘accidental friendships’ stories that are formed at these. “I spilled my beer on you and we realised we were both wearing Stone Cold shirts and now you’re my best man” etc. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I just counted the amount of matches booked for Wrestlemania 34. They have 13 matches in total listed. That's about the same as last year. The year before that they had about 12. I can't help but feel that this is overkill. How are they going to manage 13 matches on one show? And that's not including Undertaker and John Cena which isn't listed. So whatever happens between Undertaker and Cena at Wrestlemania this year, it will still look problematic that the matches on the show would get any real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When did it switch to 5 hours + 2 hour preshow? That could be the reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

****ing raging about the cruiser-weight finals being on the pre-show. I reckon they'll cut it short to save time. With how its been built up, honestly either the Raw Women's Championship, Smackdown Tag Team Championship, or the US Title match should be switched with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement