Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You had my attention right up until the Smackdown Tag Team Championships, and that's where I'm gonna disagree, about damn time The Usos got their moment on the main show instead of the pre-show.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You had my attention right up until the Smackdown Tag Team Championships, and that's where I'm gonna disagree, about damn time The Usos got their moment on the main show instead of the pre-show.

I completely agree with you on that regard, and I'm glad it's on the main show. However I just wanted to pick the three that I felt could be taken off. Honestly out of all of them the one I genuinely don't give a **** about is Jax vs. Bliss. The story was not only predictable, but fairly ****ely built, especially after Enzo got released. I couldn't care less about it, Jax is winning, unless they pull some bull**** finish where Bliss wins which I hope to god they don't, Raw needs a new women's champion. But it deserves to be a pre-show match far more than the cruiserweight title match does considering its excellent build-up, however I know why it's not as WWE would catch flak on social media from people for putting the women's on before the main show, even though it deserves it. Not because they're inferior talent, but because the story to their Wrestlemania match was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I can see Alexa retaining in cheap fashion this Sunday. Then, the following night on Raw drops the title to a debuting Ember Moon, ala AJ vs. Paige a few years back.

They just don’t seem that high on Nia, despite her connection to the Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Nia will win just because of the bullying storyline. Then they could portray her as some kind of inspiration for other victims of bullying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

martyos121 wrote: »
    I can see Alexa retaining in cheap fashion this Sunday. Then, the following night on Raw drops the title to a debuting Ember Moon, ala AJ vs. Paige a few years back.

They just don’t seem that high on Nia, despite her connection to the Rock.

Have a feeling Alexa might retain and they're going to have Carmella cash in after Nia plants Alexa post match. They have to get the case off Carmella soon and can't see a failed attempt against Charlotte/Asuka, as they seemed quite high on Carmella (or did at one time anyway).

Don't think there's a stip stating which champ she can cash in on.

• Advertisement

Do you think we'll get a main roster War Games this year? Was there any word on how they felt it did in NXT? Were they happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do you think we'll get a main roster War Games this year? Was there any word on how they felt it did in NXT? Were they happy with it?

from all reports vince hates the 2 rings so itll stay in NXT untill vince is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I would love to see Carmella cash in on Asuka after she beats Charlotte. Undefeated streaks being broken are usually a let down anyways so why not use it to elevate Carmella to ultimate cowardly heel? There is nobody other than Ronda that I could see beating the streak otherwise and based on Ronda's performance in ring so far, that would be far from a classic.

So are they planning on making a major push in Japan, considering after Sunday they could have 2 Japanese champions on Smackdown?
    (At least until Carmella cashes in :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

When did it switch to 5 hours + 2 hour preshow? That could be the reason.

Since the network so four years. They used to get a 3 or 4 hour block on PPV before, but now with the network they haven't got time restrictions as it's their network. The hall of fame is down for 3 hours tonight but guaranteed it will go long as someone will go long winded in their speech and I've no problem with it, it's a one time deal on a big stage to tell their story. Once it isn't a Mr T type speech I'm good with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I reckon that you could go to Wrestlemania weekend and have a brilliant time without actually going to Wrestlemania itself with all the indie shows on. That said, you'd probably be raging when you're watching it in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

When did it switch to 5 hours + 2 hour preshow? That could be the reason.

Mania 32 was a marathon show - 2hr preshow and a 4 1/2hr main show.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jim Cornette really is a disgusting human being.

A bigot in the truest form, utterly intolerant to other peoples views and opinions.

Fcker should be in jail for some of the stuff he's done. Has an undiagnosed personality disorder imo.

What did Jimmy do now?

Come on, don't leave us hangin!

Based on his Twitter he went off on one about Religion again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Could be worse...like racist-ranting-while-f*cking-your-friend's-wife-on-tape worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Lads question. Watched the HOF last night and noticed Goldberg saying he had a massive chip on his shoulders towards Austin even though Austin helped him. What’s that about ?

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Lads question. Watched the HOF last night and noticed Goldberg saying he had a massive chip on his shoulders towards Austin even though Austin helped him. What’s that about ?
    Don't know exactly but just look at the two of them ? It's more or less the same character, except Austin was far more successful at it then Goldberg was at it.

3 thoughts watching the Women's battle royal:

1. Hearing the women say "We are NXT" reminded me of that rumoured invasion. And the solidarity seemed pretty cool after throwing people into the centre of the circle, as if they were expected to dance like at a wedding.

2. I said before but seeing them last night made me think they should try a women's tag division in NXT. Like think out of all the ones there last night, only about half have been on NXT shows recently and a tag division would give more air time to them.

3. Can imagine Naomi borrowing Nakamura's "Knee to face" line and telling her opponents "@ss to face"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

What's the move Ronda is doing when she picks people up like she's setting them up for the F5 or AA? Like However they land looks messy, is it she's just throwing them around?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's the move Ronda is doing when she picks people up like she's setting them up for the F5 or AA? Like However they land looks messy, is it she's just throwing them around?

https://twitter.com/rondarousey/status/971123311873753088?lang=en

Doesn't roll off the tongue but I think it looks cool.

I'm expecting it'll get renamed to something like the "Rowdy drop" or something stupid.

I went down a bit of general nostalgia black hole on you tube and I've listened to this video twice. Jesus nostalgia in general is powerful stuff, and you see why wwe still use it. The time frame in this video were a lot happier days being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just watched the Andre documentary bar Hogan appearing a bit too often it was enjoyable(I just find Hulk incredibly disingenuous).
    Kinda sad the way it all ended for him. It's weird how often you see in hindsight someone suffering more than normal but the warning signs are so common it's hard to know your not too late to change the outcome. It was a nice touch what he did with his estate especially as it tied into a low point of his life I never heard before. It was strange seeing Hogan saying how much he loved the business & then Vince saying he felt he was being left behind even though he knew himself he was physically at the end before his last run was as a heel at Mania III.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I went down a bit of general nostalgia black hole on you tube and I've listened to this video twice. Jesus nostalgia in general is powerful stuff, and you see why wwe still use it. The time frame in this video were a lot happier days being honest.

I adored those my sacrifice videos back then. The Austin one was my favourite, there is also a fan made(I think) one for Eddie which even now brings a tear to an old mans eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky and Ziggler were in attendance at Becky’s boyfriend Luke Sanders’ UFC fight. He won and it’s fair to say Becky was happy about it.

http://twitter.com/ufc/status/985277944062009344

Trips return video from 2002. This is what they didn't do for seth when he came back.

Trips return at MSG. You don't get pops like that for a return in this day and age.
    JR's Call
    "THIS IS AS LOUD AS ANY SUSTAINED ROAR THAT I HAVE HEARD IN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!"

3:08 minutes in. What a pop.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Trips return at MSG. You don't get pops like that for a return in this day and age.
    JR's Call
    "THIS IS AS LOUD AS ANY SUSTAINED ROAR THAT I HAVE HEARD IN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!"

Always found it strange that he got a reaction like that at the time. I put it mostly down to how they built his return i.e. stuff like that desire video.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement