Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    To be fair to Cole, it's clear when he has Triple H or Paul heyman involved at different times he's actually a good commentator. It's when he has Vince in his ear he becomes a disaster.

He was excellent at the UK Tournie.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Andre doc on HBO was class.

Andre must have made some money in his time.

I wonder what the payoff was for him and Hogan at WM 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder what the payoff was for him and Hogan at WM 3.

Reckon something went on about that and words were exchanged between Vince and Andre ???.

Vince Siad his last words to Andre were negative

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reckon something went on about that and words were exchanged between Vince and Andre ???.

Vince Siad his last words to Andre were negative
    Yeah I never knew that they had a falling out before Andre's death.

Very sad to see Vince getting emotional whilst speaking about Andre's death. You can tell that he is a good guy at the back of everything.

Yeah I never knew that they had a falling out before Andre's death.

Very sad to see Vince getting emotional whilst speaking about Andre's death. You can tell that he is a good guy at the back of everything.

I don't know what I think of Vince overall tbh, I kinda go back and forth. There's a lot of good but there's too much bad to ignore. Which outweighs which is up for plenty of debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't know what I think of Vince overall tbh, I kinda go back and forth. There's a lot of good but there's too much bad to ignore. Which outweighs which is up for plenty of debate.

Sounds to me like Vince McMahon is a human being. Good characteristics, bad characteristics. Friends, enemies. Achievements, regrets.

What's happening with count-outs these days? It seems like they're getting rarer and rarer. The old double-countout used to be a way of keeping a feud unresolved a little bit longer. Psychologically, the count-out makes a lot of sense to utilise, especially for a heel. In terms of 'wrestling reality', if I was a heel wrestler with a title, I'd get myself counted out all the time. I wouldn't even get in the ring. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

briany wrote: »
    What's happening with count-outs these days? It seems like they're getting rarer and rarer. The old double-countout used to be a way of keeping a feud unresolved a little bit longer. Psychologically, the count-out makes a lot of sense to utilise, especially for a heel. In terms of 'wrestling reality', if I was a heel wrestler with a title, I'd get myself counted out all the time. I wouldn't even get in the ring. :pac:
    Have to get into the ring for the bell to go and the match to start. #OOCsKayfabebreakers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

This is a much better than bret shawn 60 minute match at mania

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/988553362470723584?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

sky88 wrote: »

Is that the last time we've seen a 60 minute match? Can't remember when the last time a match lasted that long on a WWE show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The gauntlet match where Rollins went over an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Any reports on what Neville is doing these days, aside from presumably losing out on a lot of money? Any chance of him coming back do we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

If I recall right, they didn't even show Orton vs Edge on TV because of this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

with all this talk about the woman not being allowed in saudi got me thinking why doesnt new japan have women wrestling.

is it just because there is a lot of woman only promotions in japan or just never done it. tried searching for answer but came up with nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

with all this talk about the woman not being allowed in saudi got me thinking why doesnt new japan have women wrestling.

is it just because there is a lot of woman only promotions in japan or just never done it. tried searching for answer but came up with nothing

That pretty much seems to be the reason. Chyna wrestled for NJPW a few times in the early 2000s fwiw. Women's wrestling in Japan in the 1990s was massively popular

WWE's going to have to give the girls their own proper wrestling show at some point. They're growing the women's talent pool, yet the amount of screen time they're getting is disproportionate not only to the size of the their roster but also to the popularity of a few of their top stars.

It's one of those things that WWE is probably happy to sit on until there's an outcry in wrestling journalism and the IWC about it. Well, they'd probably sit on it even then until, god forbid, the mainstream picks it up. And then they really start to sweat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think a 205 or NXT style show would be a good idea and help their actual depth in that area. Sign up more Athletic ladies to development deals and get them ready for such a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Aiden English and Damien Sandow teaming up is something I’d absolutely love to see if the latter ever returned to WWE. If they were given a bit of freedom, they’d probably be the most over team of the last decade.

Anyone notice that WWE have been using a smaller ring for the last good while now.

What happened to the old 20fter?

I presume the smaller one is better for television?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Makes it easier for Shane to go coast to coast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it not a bit ignorant to have subtitles for the Japanese wrestlers when they're speaking English? I saw they did it with Nakamura in that Wrestlemania video and then did it for Kairi in this week's NXT even though it was clear what she was saying. Yet they don't use subtitles when Spanish is spoken

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think it's helpful, not ignorant. Some things can lost/misunderstood in accents.

At Wrestlemania, I thought Asuka was turning heel for a second after the match because it sounded like she shouted "Shut it!" when she had said "Charlotte!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

In the UFC they’ll sometimes have subtitles for English/Aussie fighters. It feels poor taste in the moment, but then you don’t understand some stuff they say because the accent is quite strong (also if you’re listening to an American show with all American accents your ear isn’t immediately tuned to hear other accents, especially if it’s a short clip) and it makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anyone notice that WWE have been using a smaller ring for the last good while now.

What happened to the old 20fter?

I presume the smaller one is better for television?

Smaller ring ? I don't think that's right. I mean why would they do that. It's a selling point of their history, well that and real rope not cables in plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

An extraordinary man who can do extraordinary things..

I really hate when Corey saying this about Finn every week on his entrance.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Smaller ring ? I don't think that's right. I mean why would they do that. It's a selling point of their history, well that and real rope not cables in plastic.

I'm just looking at the rings from 10 yrs ago to now. In my mind they look smaller, 16x16 or 18x18 maybe.

I presume it's easier to work in the smaller ring and it looks better for television.

This could be me just imagining things though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it not a bit ignorant to have subtitles for the Japanese wrestlers when they're speaking English? I saw they did it with Nakamura in that Wrestlemania video and then did it for Kairi in this week's NXT even though it was clear what she was saying. Yet they don't use subtitles when Spanish is spoken

Not really, some Americans have trouble understanding how Irish people speak as well as Scots, Welsh and English and need them subtitled too. That's where the stereotype of bad Irish accents in American TV shows came from, because they had to change it so American audiences can understand it. I've even heard stories of Irish actors going over to the States to play an Irish character and being told to change their authentic Irish accent to a more American sounding Irish accent. It's why Conor McGregor started putting on that faux American accent as soon as he stepped foot in UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Titus is going to wreck his knees now when Vince insists that running and falling is his new gimmick going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Titus is going to wreck his knees now when Vince insists that running and falling is his new gimmick going forward.

Titus Worldslide :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder is it hard to write a match ???

I imagine it's natural to ex wrestlers and each wrestler in the match also give a lot of input too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement