Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Not really, some Americans have trouble understanding how Irish people speak as well as Scots, Welsh and English and need them subtitled too. That's where the stereotype of bad Irish accents in American TV shows came from, because they had to change it so American audiences can understand it. I've even heard stories of Irish actors going over to the States to play an Irish character and being told to change their authentic Irish accent to a more American sounding Irish accent. It's why Conor McGregor started putting on that faux American accent as soon as he stepped foot in UFC.
    Reminds me of the time when RTE tried to flog Love Hate to HBO as the Irish Sopranos. The feedback from the test screenings was that nobody could understand a word that anybody said. Subtitles were talked about but the project was eventually canned.

Same reasons maybe as why Sheamus or Becky never really got properly over imo. Communication is a huge thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Reminds me of the time when RTE tried to flog Love Hate to HBO as the Irish Sopranos. The feedback from the test screenings was that nobody could understand a word that anybody said. Subtitles were talked about but the project was eventually canned.

Same reasons maybe as why Sheamus or Becky never really got properly over imo. Communication is a huge thing.

I can't believe that. Makes you think they're just dopes plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’m not her biggest fan but Becky Lynch is incredibly over with the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder is it hard to write a match ???

I imagine it's natural to ex wrestlers and each wrestler in the match also give a lot of input too

Write a match ? Do you mean lay a match out ?

Well having never done it before but having listen to and read enough about how it's done, it seems to have evolved over the years. At some point near the turn of the 20th century wrestling became a complete work, as opposed to a shoot. Then it seems that the finish was determined but nothing else. Now obviously we had guys like randy savage who wrote his matches out, but he seems to have been the exception not the rule.

Also the heel used to call the match(maybe still does) or the more experienced of the two. I mean even now guys like triple h and the undertaker aren't going to scripted down to the finest detail.

Also the referee plays a huge part in a good match. Tommy young is probably the greatest referee ever. I've not seen anyone sell a flair or steamboat chop better than he did, and he wasn't wrestling the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cena also has a different method where he shouts the details out to the crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'd like to see the Undertaker be jumped by his opponent during the big entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

On April 28th 2008 on raw(yeah the ten year anniversary was saturday) a 12 divas tag rematch took place.

The twelve women were Mickie James, Maria,Michelle McCool, Ashley Massaro, Cherry, and Kelly Kelly on one team.
    The other team was Beth Phoenix(HOFer), Melina, Jillian Hall, Victoria, Natalya, and Layla.

I'm wondering of the eleven women who aren't WWE hall of famers as of 2018, how many will get in on merit ?

I think mickie James is a cert along with victoria and Melina. I'd say Michelle McCool and layla are in with a shout. Natalya despite her annoying me is as an in ring talent deserves a place in there.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    On April 28th 2008 on raw(yeah the ten year anniversary was saturday) a 12 divas tag rematch took place.

The twelve women were Mickie James, Maria,Michelle McCool, Ashley Massaro, Cherry, and Kelly Kelly on one team.
    The other team was Beth Phoenix(HOFer), Melina, Jillian Hall, Victoria, Natalya, and Layla.

I'm wondering of the eleven women who aren't WWE hall of famers as of 2018, how many will get in on merit ?

I think mickie James is a cert along with victoria and Melina. I'd say Michelle McCool and layla are in with a shout. Natalya despite her annoying me is as an in ring talent deserves a place in there.
    Only ones I'd say have no chance are Jillian, Cherry and Ashley. Layla might go in with Michelle. Melina a long shot but possible.

For the rest of them as long as they keep their noses clean will probably end up in the HOF. More female ambassadors they have the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

For anyone going to any of the upcoming shows take note wwe euroshop are doing a buy one tshirt and get second for €5

Got 2 for €41.03.They will cost about €30/€35 each at the event

Got Finn Balor and Elias shirts for anyone wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just in case anyone happens to follow him and hasn't seen Infinity War yet, Ciampa is posting spoilers for it on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I remeber Cherry, she was like Bayley with less wrestling ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just in case anyone happens to follow him and hasn't seen Infinity War yet, Ciampa is posting spoilers for it on Twitter.

Is that just dickish or a 2018 heel? I dunno maybe in a week or so but 3 days from release is asking for trouble

Is that just dickish or a 2018 heel? I dunno maybe in a week or so but 3 days from release is asking for trouble

I saw one tweet of his and honestly thought it was skirting the line more so than outright spoiler. Playing on people's fears kind of thing but yeah, perhaps more trouble than it's worth.

Then again I avoided Twitter like the plague until I saw it. It's the kind of sphere where dicks will change their username to reflect spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

While I havent seen the movie and am avoiding spoilers, I love it taht he went there. Making people hate him, more heels should think like this.

Imagine someone doing it in a Raw in ring promo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I’d see it more as cheap tbh but also fully fight for his right to be able to do it. I think if you need to pull easy stunts to actually upset people, it betrays an insecurity about being able to get over the normal way (which doesn’t ruin the day of someone you ultimately want money off).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

leggo wrote: »
    I’d see it more as cheap tbh but also fully fight for his right to be able to do it. I think if you need to pull easy stunts to actually upset people, it betrays an insecurity about being able to get over the normal way (which doesn’t ruin the day of someone you ultimately want money off).

That certainly doesn't apply to Tomasso Ciampa. I'd say he's relishing this whole role he's in now. He's great at it and Johnny is the perfect foil. It's quite an innovative take on heel heat in the 21st Century too, using the technology. Interesting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So judging by the clip the Being The Elite YouTube Channel uploaded yesterday, it seems like the first 100 episodes were Season 1, and they'll be back for a Season 2, and it falls on one man to bring them back together..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »
    That certainly doesn't apply to Tomasso Ciampa. I'd say he's relishing this whole role he's in now. He's great at it and Johnny is the perfect foil. It's quite an innovative take on heel heat in the 21st Century too, using the technology. Interesting anyway.

I love Ciampa’s work of late to be fair too, he’s been fantastic. But it’s more a comment on how I’d see this one stunt, it’s cheap and he doesn’t need it. But, again, I’d still see it as fair game to do if he wants to go that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Sure why are you watching the Avengers anyway. That stuff is all for kids... :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I figured his spoiler was common expectation anyway......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is triple H Hunter Hearst Helmsley.... or Hollywood Hulk Hogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Is triple H Hunter Hearst Helmsley.... or Hollywood Hulk Hogan?

It's Houston Husky Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It's Houston Husky Harris

Dont mind him

Its Horrendous Horace Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Its actually Hungry Hungry Hippo, he is the last one still standing from his group DX (Desperate eXchanges)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I frickin' love Nakamura's new theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

It's beast in fairness, angry Japanese lads spouting the sh!te, love to know what he's saying. Any translators around?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Smackdown is starting to look more like the old days when you had the Smackdown 6. I could see AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Nakamura and Samoa Joe as being part of a new Smackdown 6. You could also add Cesaro to that list since he can easily hang with them all. Not sure who else could go in a group. There's always Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Jeff Hardy though who I believe can put on some entertaining matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any more news on where this All In show might be held?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Looks like Chicago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sears Centre in Chicago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement