Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So possibly looking at 6 hours of TV a week if Smackdown goes to 3 hours, 7 hours a week if you include NXT. Then PPV week, that's 11 hours.

Bloody overkill. Leave it as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So possibly looking at 6 hours of TV a week if Smackdown goes to 3 hours, 7 hours a week if you include NXT. Then PPV week, that's 11 hours.

Bloody overkill. Leave it as is.
    And USA is sure about pushing RAW to 4 hours if they're left with only that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

They already do 3 hours of raw, 2 of Smackdown, 1 of 205 Live, 1 of NXT and 1 of Main Event. One more won't matter Vince, the way he may see it is Raw has tripled in value since going 3 hours and has brought in 52 hours worth of extra ad money every year. If they do this with Smackdown (it may not happen it was just some guy's opinion) it would be the smart business move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

You usually miss feck all if you don’t watch some (or all) of the weekly content in fairness. Even if you only have limited engagement with WWE on social media you’ll be up to speed and can search out anything that’s particularly interesting, if they aren’t plugging the shi* out of it online already.

Pentecost wrote: »
    You usually miss feck all if you don’t watch some (or all) of the weekly content in fairness. Even if you only have limited engagement with WWE on social media you’ll be up to speed and can search out anything that’s particularly interesting, if they aren’t plugging the shi* out of it online already.
    I agree, Raw & Smackdown are much more enjoyable when you don't actually watch them! Just look at reviews the next day and check out any good stuff. I don't know why so many fans keep watching these shows every week only to keep giving out about them. They already know they're sh*t so why put themselves through it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭briany

cliggg wrote: »
    I agree, Raw & Smackdown are much more enjoyable when you don't actually watch them! Just look at reviews the next day and check out any good stuff. I don't know why so many fans keep watching these shows every week only to keep giving out about them. They already know they're sh*t so why put themselves through it? :)

People do hate-watch stuff. For myself, I'll sometimes put RAW or Smackdown on in the background while I'm doing other things or trying to get to sleep. I'm not being smart about this - the shows have such a similar rhythm week to week and employ the same dramatic devices with such regularity that they're as helpful for getting to sleep as sticking on an old show or film you've seen a dozen or more times.

Least we'll always get SlickRic's nail on head takes every week..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Least we'll always get SlickRic's nail on head takes every week..

Ric is very amusing to be fair and he has a great turn of phrase but he’s another one who would be doing himself a favour not watching every week, assuming he’s actually as wound up as he sounds. I get enough of things that aggravate me in work every day when it’s my job to be bad cop (metaphorically). I don’t need it when I’m at home. I’m getting too old to be stressed all day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was just watching a bit of NHL ice-hockey there and you’d often get a snippet of music when play stops. Winnipeg just scored and the Vegas arena played Shinsuke Nakamura’s previous theme, the one he replaced a couple of weeks ago. Can’t wrap my head around it at all, it’s not exactly a mainstream song. I marked out though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I hope Corgan and co put the NWA World Heavyweight on Cody Rhodes in the upcoming bout.

Would mean so much to that family.

Cody carrying on the mantle of his Dad. The Official Heavyweight Pro Wrestling Champ of the World.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I think he could bring back a lot of prestige to the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think more and more people like myself just watch highlights on Youtube. I can skim through RAW or Smackdown within 15-30 mins.

You only missing out on entrances, recaps and matches in full length if you decide to go this route.

Randy Orton's the wrestler equivalent of cosmic background radiation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I hope Corgan and co put the NWA World Heavyweight on Cody Rhodes in the upcoming bout.

Would mean so much to that family.

Cody carrying on the mantle of his Dad. The Official Heavyweight Pro Wrestling Champ of the World.

Would also mean that the title could start being defended on ROH shows which could be a nice platform for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I don't think ROH would want to put a secondary world title on their biggest star. It would devalue their own title.

I'd be curious to know what winning the NWA title would mean to Cody. Other than in name, it has no genuine link to the NWA title that his Dad held, with the lineage essentially being moved to the big gold belt in the 1990's and the NWA title being the TNA belt for a decade, then being vacated 7 or 8 times in the last 10 years or so. Cody strikes me as the sentimental sort so maybe he would go for it, just to hold the physical belt his Dad held.

I don't know about characterising the NWA title as the official heavyweight pro wrestling champion of the world in 2018 mind you. That's quite a stretch! :) Getting the nod from 5 of the 9 most powerful wrestling promoters in North America in the 70's and 80's really meant something. Getting the nod from a money mark in his vanity project doesn't seem quite so meaningful.

All of that said, I am sure they could present it well on their youtube shows and put together some nice pieces on it.

Random thought, the MITB matches are cross brand so the contract inside said briefcase should be to cash in on either the WWE or Universal champion (or womens champs). Obviously contracts can be written so that it would not be an issue but it'd open up a whole lot of booking possibilities. Just looking at the Irish ones

Finn Balor cashes in on Smackdowns AJ Styles (while the club look on) for example
    Becky Lynch cashes in on Ronda and wins via armbar! to (potentially turn heel) and kickstart the horsewoman feud

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Random thought, the MITB matches are cross brand so the contract inside said briefcase should be to cash in on either the WWE or Universal champion (or womens champs). Obviously contracts can be written so that it would not be an issue but it'd open up a whole lot of booking possibilities. Just looking at the Irish ones

Finn Balor cashes in on Smackdowns AJ Styles (while the club look on) for example
    Becky Lynch cashes in on Ronda and wins via armbar! to (potentially turn heel) and kickstart the horsewoman feud

Stop with the logical booking that adds character development to massively under utilized credible superstars. There's no place for that in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, was saying that before. At a ppv, the host could come out during both title matches. I'd say at least one holder will cash in on the other brand.
    Wonder if either of the holders will lose since Corbin failed to cash in last year.

18 years ago today, me & my friends marked out like mad for this at the time. :D

One thing I love about the pro-wrestling forum, and Good Brothers & Sister (Hi Liz) who inhabit it, compared to another forum I frequent, it's nowhere near as toxic as the other forum is. Sure there'll be heated disagreements here from time to time, with Mods chipping in sometimes, but not nearly as frequently. There's a United (pardon the pun) camaraderie here compared to the other forum, where modding I'm sure is the equivalent to pulling your hair out.

Whereas the PW mods, it's probably like Tahiti for them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

One thing I love about the pro-wrestling forum, and Good Brothers & Sister (Hi Liz) who inhabit it, compared to another forum I frequent, it's nowhere near as toxic as the other forum is. Sure there'll be heated disagreements here from time to time, with Mods chipping in sometimes, but not nearly as frequently. There's a United (pardon the pun) camaraderie here compared to the other forum, where modding I'm sure is the equivalent to pulling your hair out.

Whereas the PW mods, it's probably like Tahiti for them...

**** YOU, YOU BLEEDING ****

Come Lith, lets start a fight and give BH something to do. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beakerjoe wrote: »

Come Lith, lets start a fight feud and give BH something to do. ;)

Lets keep it kayfabe brother

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Lets keep it kayfabe brother

Now we have to work the marks into thinking its shoot Bro

beakerjoe wrote: »

Come Lith, lets start a fight and give BH something to do. ;)

I'll leave you like one of Jeff Jarrett's guitars, broken into many pieces

:pac:

giphy.gif

Monokne wrote: »

I don't know about characterising the NWA title as the official heavyweight pro wrestling champion of the world in 2018 mind you. That's quite a stretch! :) Getting the nod from 5 of the 9 most powerful wrestling promoters in North America in the 70's and 80's really meant something. Getting the nod from a money mark in his vanity project doesn't seem quite so meaningful.

All of that said, I am sure they could present it well on their youtube shows and put together some nice pieces on it.

The NWA may be a vestige of times past and pretty insignificant in real terms, but it's still the closest thing that professional wrestling has to a governing body like you'd see in legitimate sport. That's how it styles itself. WWE doesn't claim to be this, and their top belts aren't even described as world championships anymore. And as the governing body, it naturally has a world championship. And, to be fair, the champ does go around the world, wrestling those deemed able and eligible, so there is a feeling with the belt that it could be won by someone from anywhere in any place. Although a relatively obscure title and not necessarily contested by the creme de la creme, this makes it still the closest thing to a true world championship in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

briany wrote: »
    The NWA may be a vestige of times past and pretty insignificant in real terms, but it's still the closest thing that professional wrestling has to a governing body like you'd see in legitimate sport. That's how it styles itself. WWE doesn't claim to be this, and their top belts aren't even described as world championships anymore. And as the governing body, it naturally has a world championship. And, to be fair, the champ does go around the world, wrestling those deemed able and eligible, so there is a feeling with the belt that it could be won by someone from anywhere in any place. Although a relatively obscure title and not necessarily contested by the creme de la creme, this makes it still the closest thing to a true world championship in wrestling.

Ever since Billy Corgan bought the NWA I have been hoping for a Cody run as champion, I really think he would make it a prestigious championship. Nick Aldis not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Lads wheres the best place to buy a bullet club tee shirt.  And whats the fitting on them like, I usual wear medium in tee shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Ebay is simplest. I have bought a variety of the different designs, some from the official site and some from ebay and the quality is much of a muchness.

In terms of size, I found the official ones a wee bit short in the front but then being an XL there's more of me to love :) Maybe for you M's they'd be a good fit. Most shirts you buy off ebays tend to be fruit of the loom or the like, pretty standard fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Thanks a mil ill let you know how I get on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement