Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Drew will easily be a heavyweight champ. Only thing that will stop him is sh1t booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Drew will easily be a heavyweight champ. Only thing that will stop him is sh1t booking.

Have you seen Raw lately?

I've never saw main event material in Drew, he'll be like Barrett or MVP as guys who maybe could have been good world champions with proper booking but others were just picked ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think Drew has every chance to get a top spot. They were clearly grooming Big Cass for a spot at that level and Drew is a better promo, worker and has a better body. I don't personally think he has that next level charisma but I can imagine Vince seeing it in him again now, like he did when Drew debuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    One thing I love about the pro-wrestling forum, and Good Brothers & Sister (Hi Liz) who inhabit it, compared to another forum I frequent, it's nowhere near as toxic as the other forum is. Sure there'll be heated disagreements here from time to time, with Mods chipping in sometimes, but not nearly as frequently. There's a United (pardon the pun) camaraderie here compared to the other forum, where modding I'm sure is the equivalent to pulling your hair out.

Whereas the PW mods, it's probably like Tahiti for them...

After what's recently unfolded in the soccer forum, I'm doubling down on this statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

After what's recently unfolded in the soccer forum, I'm doubling down on this statement.

I don't post there but reading it over the weekend, wow is all I can say.

• Advertisement

Any particular thread? Can't believe I missed the scandal. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I came on to post the same thing. I have access but rarely post there as well it’s a minefield of hate between united and Liverpool fans.

All of the soccer forum mods have my upmost respect. It has to be a nightmare to manage on weekends like that. And they barely get a break this year with the World Cup.

Anyone care to synopsise what happened?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Monokne wrote: »
    Anyone care to synopsise what happened?

Liverpool lost, Man United fans gloated, Liverpool lads lost the head, cards were issued, Fin.

Both set of supporters are as bad as each other tbh. Embarrassing reading grown men act like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

One mod got the sack too.

I got a 2 week ban for my third yellow of the season for what I think was a pretty tame comment in the grand scheme of things but the season's over, it's grand. We'll all move on and be best buddies again in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote:
    I got a 2 week ban for my third yellow of the season for what I think was a pretty tame comment in the grand scheme of things but the season's over, it's grand. We'll all move on and be best buddies again in no time.

Hah! I got my first ever yellow (in Soccer) as well during the match. Looking back it was fair tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Loughc wrote: »
    Liverpool lost, Man United fans gloated, Liverpool lads lost the head, cards were issued, Fin.

Both set of supporters are as bad as each other tbh.
    Embarrassing reading grown men act like that.

They're fcuking idiots. Fellas from the same towns as each other calling the other side Manc scum and Scouse bastards. You're both from Ballygobackwards ya's bleedin idiots. Irish men fighting over which English team is better but will be united (no pun intended) in calling England scum at the World Cup and gloating and lolling when they crash out. I absolutely hate the stupid rivalry they think they have. They are no different from one another. Deluded buffoons... and this coming from a guy who watches men pretending to fight on telly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I said it last week in the off-topic thread, and I'll say it again. That sub-section of soccer fans are utter morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'd pay money to see a Boards soccer forum Battle Royal.

United fans vs Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I said it last week in the off-topic thread, and I'll say it again. That sub-section of soccer fans are utter morons.

I'm a ridiculously passionate Liverpool fan and there's no chance I'd even consider getting involved in that nonsense.

It is painful reading the majority of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd pay money to see a Boards soccer forum Battle Royal.

United fans vs Liverpool.

A bit like the thunderdome

Would be a hell of a read that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

One thing I love about the pro-wrestling forum, and Good Brothers & Sister (Hi Liz) who inhabit it, compared to another forum I frequent, it's nowhere near as toxic as the other forum is. Sure there'll be heated disagreements here from time to time, with Mods chipping in sometimes, but not nearly as frequently. There's a United (pardon the pun) camaraderie here compared to the other forum, where modding I'm sure is the equivalent to pulling your hair out.

Whereas the PW mods, it's probably like Tahiti for them...

It wasn’t always thus. This place was rotten to the core about 10 years ago. Mostly when ShaunRaven was mod. He basically almost killed the place. It all ended when he started posting pics of other forum users on a new forum he tried to start with his acolytes - RebelRockChick and Minto.

Once he was gone better mods came in. 2 are still here and are the longest standing mods this forum ever had. The other guy mysteriously disappeared. His replacement is doing a good job in keeping of the spirit the other 3 fostered.

Keep it up gents.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm very grateful for the current state of PW boards, very much a lovely place to have a chat.

Mod hat on - please be mindful when discussing to be respectful and attack the post, not the poster. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,347 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I knw Vince is a big game of thrones fan and I wonder will we see a GOT actor involved in a celeb capacity

The actor I'm thinking of is The Mountain (Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson). Imagine getting him in for a match against Braun Strowman

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I imagine Vince was practically drooling during the Viper and the Mountain.

"Vanilla midgets being treated as they should be dammit!"

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Now if they could actually do something about their entrance themes clashing, I could get behind them. Few things annoy me more in WWE than not giving every tag team it’s own theme, or at the very least blending the two together like Breezango (not that it’s even any good). It’s lazy AF.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Now if they could actually do something about their entrance themes clashing, I could get behind them. Few things annoy me more in WWE than not giving every tag team it’s own theme, or at the very least blending the two together like Breezango (not that it’s even any good). It’s lazy AF.

I love hardys theme but brays one interrupting really takes away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Had an idea for a hacker gimmick, but then read that it had been tried in NXT for a bit.

I think the time is right to try it again. People are more aware about hacking in general with all the stuff in the media in recent years, lots of tv shows incorporating it into storylines also.
    I think it could be a massive storyline if they let it build slowly over the course of a couple of months. The amount of potential ****ery is endless really. The Arena itself, the commentary team, wrestlers social media. Think like a modern day GTV/Higher Power, except with a pay off.

The other thing then do you make them heel or face? Could potentially be just one person or a group behind it. Personally I think a Fight Club/ Anonymous style face group going after mainly heels would be the best way to go about it. Heels would be going on the rampage tearing through the roster trying to find the culprit, blaming all the babyfaces etc. Then go after the Authority, and their sympathizers.

For it to actually get the right pay off you'd have to a top star in the role. If Kenny Omega ever signs, I think he'd be perfect for the role. Imagine the heels at fever pitch about to tear Byran or AJ to shreds then out comes Kenny or whoever for the big reveal. Slowly write the hacking element out of the story after that.

But sadly with the real life hacks I don't think they'd have the guts to ever go for something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, it was Sami Callaghan that had the gimmick in NXT as Solomon Crowe. They didn't do much with it. At house shows they had him controlling the lights with a tablet, but on tv think the most he did was control the LED boards around the ring.
    I'd say if they did it now, they would probably just do social media hacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

so we have him to thank for all those paige and others leaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just thinking about the time Andre the Giant won the WWF Championship but the title was vacated when he handed it to Million Dollar Man. Does that still count Andre as a World Champion or does it kind've spoil his victory a little? It surprises me that WWE never gave him a proper run with the title, but I guess because of the whole winning streak thing they couldn't have him hold the belt because it would have been harder to get the belt off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

bot43 wrote: »
    It wasn’t always thus. This place was rotten to the core about 10 years ago. Mostly when ShaunRaven was mod. He basically almost killed the place. It all ended when he started posting pics of other forum users on a new forum he tried to start with his acolytes - RebelRockChick and Minto.

Once he was gone better mods came in. 2 are still here and are the longest standing mods this forum ever had. The other guy mysteriously disappeared. His replacement is doing a good job in keeping of the spirit the other 3 fostered.

Keep it up gents.

He had a horn as well for a certain someone who has been resoundingly banished on a number of occasions.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just thinking about the time Andre the Giant won the WWF Championship but the title was vacated when he handed it to Million Dollar Man. Does that still count Andre as a World Champion or does it kind've spoil his victory a little? It surprises me that WWE never gave him a proper run with the title, but I guess because of the whole winning streak thing they couldn't have him hold the belt because it would have been harder to get the belt off him.

It is officially recognised as part of the lineage of the title, so yes, he was. Dibiase on the other hand, is not recognised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Monokne wrote: »
    It is officially recognised as part of the lineage of the title, so yes, he was. Dibiase on the other hand, is not recognised.

Even though dibiase actually held the title on house shows but clearly it mustn't have drawn that well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement