Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

As soon as McIntyre wins a belt we can confirm 3MB as one of the greatest Stables of the 2010s

I can already imagine Miz or Bruce Pritchard talking about how 3MB as an idea set them up for superstardom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sky88 wrote: »
    I wonder if they will ever try the mitb winner wins the title without the briefcase and holds both of them. Could work with a heel cause they can threaten to cash it in immediately and get good heat with it but im not too sure if it would come off right

If Rollins beat Cena and Lesnar at Royal Rumble 2015 we’d have seen that situation

I hope it doesnt happen soon because 1 champion who has no chance of losingg the title is enough for a while for me

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

http://www.huckmagazine.com/outdoor/outdoors-adventure/ring-amateur-wrestlers-essex/

Well written article about some wrestling school, thought it was worth sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

sky88 wrote: »
    I wonder if they will ever try the mitb winner wins the title without the briefcase and holds both of them. Could work with a heel cause they can threaten to cash it in immediately and get good heat with it but im not too sure if it would come off right

I’m sure that’ll play out eventually now we’ve got two briefcases on the go per year just for sheer variance and needing to do something new, but I’m not sure it’ll be good in execution. Of course it could be but you need soft strokes to pull these things off well and that’s not really what WWE does anymore.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have we got a @Best Matches of 2018@ thread?

Noticed the 2017 one is still stickies and wanted to replace it, and can't see it. Surely we reckon there's enough matches in 2018 to justify it :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So you're saying you want a Ciampa/Gargano appreciation thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So you're saying you want a Ciampa/Gargano appreciation thread?

They deserve a lot more than just a thread.

The best thing the WWE has done years and sadly it's not been seen by the mass WWE audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The best thing the WWE has done years and sadly it's not been seen by the mass WWE audience.

It's a double-edged sword, they're being booked so brilliantly because they're not on the main stage of WWE. I'm not saying they'd be Sasha/Bayley-levels of depressing booking but they'd easily be treated as smackdown nobodies if they were brought up. Thank God they can have this amazing feud in NXT where it's allowed to blossom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think they'd be at or below Sasha & Bayley's level. Guys without huge size or particularly great mic skills who've come up from NXT have often ended up on 205 Live or also rans who rarely get TV time like Chad Gable, Tye Dillinger, the Revival. Sasha & Bayley are brutally underused but they are on TV most weeks and tend to feature in the multi person title matches a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Does anyone know exactly when the United Kingdom Tournament goes up on the WWE Network? Trying to avoid spoilers! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Omackeral wrote: »
    Does anyone know exactly when the United Kingdom Tournament goes up on the WWE Network? Trying to avoid spoilers! Thanks

8pm tonight and tomorrow according to an email WWE sent today.

Is it airing "live" or is it on demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So has Vince gotten bored as of Shane O'Mac as he is with Tag Teams, Groups and Women's wrestling and story lines.

Shane has just disappeared or did I miss something.

Shane has just disappeared or did I miss something.

Paige is the GM so she controls SD Live? Shane introduced her. Don't really need two face authority figures all the time would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Paige is the GM so she controls SD Live? Shane introduced her. Don't really need two face authority figures all the time would be my guess.

It’d be nice to have one good one though. My ears switch off when Paige comes on, even if my eyes don’t.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Personally think Paige has done alright since he GM debut when I was worried she would be a trainwreck. less is more in terms of GMs in WWE for me atm and Paige is not dominating TV time like Kurt/Corban or even Steph does in terms of mentions despite not being there.

From Smackdown it stood out to me that they highlighted Becky was born in Limerick even though they intro her as from Dublin Ireland. Probably just stood out as I Never clocked she was from Limerick personally but I am almost surprised they (not cos id advocate it at all) didn't turn her pun stuff into a reciting limericks about her opponents dealie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think Paige has really excelled in the role. Delivers lines really well, remembers all her dialogue, hits the key lines, and doesn't overwhelm the show. She does what a traditional authority figure does, just moves the show along. Doesn't emasculate talent like Steph or make a fool of herself constantly like Kurt.

Shane had hernia surgery recently and is out a while because of it, for those who'd forgotten. He's not needed, honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

So was wondering when a match is made as a result of interference, like the Jeff/Usos, Sanity match, it is usually made during the break. All we're told is the GM made the match. So does the GM actually come out and make the match?
    Just seems strange if they do and then expect another pop later for coming out onscreen for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So was wondering when a match is made as a result of interference, like the Jeff/Usos, Sanity match, it is usually made during the break. All we're told is the GM made the match. So does the GM actually come out and make the match?
    Just seems strange if they do and then expect another pop later for coming out onscreen for some reason.

On Smackdown they get a video on the screens that just pops up with "Paige here!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pentecost wrote: »
    On Smackdown they get a video on the screens that just pops up with "Paige here!!"

Left out the hey guys bit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Left out the hey guys bit :pac:

Damn it. I've been drinking so let's blame that.

And old age.

At least she's dropped the "I'm baaack"

Jesus H Christ I forgot about that. Torture. I'd almost rather listen to the poxy Maroon 5 World Cup ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus H Christ I forgot about that. Torture. I'd almost rather listen to the poxy Maroon 5 World Cup ad.

Paige doing her movie shtick or Maroon 5 butchering Bob Marley's Three Little Birds..

I'd sooner take being kicked below than either of the above options..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Paige doing her movie shtick or Maroon 5 butchering Bob Marley's Three Little Birds..

I'd sooner take being kicked below than either of the above options..

If done by AJ or Shinsuke, you should be grand since they seem to recover quick enough when they do it to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Today is the 20th Anniversary of Mrs Foley's baby boy tripping and falling off the hell in a cell. And then he was unlucky the roof gave way to nearly kill him. As Jim Cornette said the WWF rings in the 1990's were "harder than chinese arithmetic" so I'd say Mick still feels that second bump more than the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Candice's Lionsault is so slick...

https://gfycat.com/FrequentZigzagCopperhead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

J. Marston wrote: »
    Candice's Lionsault is so slick...

https://gfycat.com/FrequentZigzagCopperhead

Imagine saying those exact words 10 years ago. :pac:

• Advertisement

Was thinking this may make a good Around the Horn question but figured I would ask here while it's in my head.
    With GLOW season 2 releasing later this morning, which of the men's promotions would do well with similar treatment? Maybe the rise of ECW, the Monday Night Wars or something like RoH?
    And what format would suit? Light hearted drama/comedy like GLOW? More serious drama? Mockumentary like The Office? Fictionalised like GLOW or based on real people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement