Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Shower thought I had today: When Mark Calloway eventually dies, will it be rude to continue to refer to the Undertaker as "The Deadman"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Shower thought I had today: When Mark Calloway eventually dies, will it be rude to continue to refer to the Undertaker as "The Deadman"?

Taking the gimmick too far...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cianan2 wrote: »

LMAO. Scott Hall gets it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK4xadVOh8h9NsxebUl5_W8bAW6SMrvnkV3gq9rljDSld8KellCw

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement

Seems 205 Live main events are NXT Takeover calibre matches these days. And Buddy Murphy is doing well as the big guy of the division. Lives up to the name "Best Kept Secret" in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Does anybody listen to the new Eric Bischoff and Conrad Thompson podcast? It's called 83 weeks.

I listened to the Bret Hart episode last night, Jesus, Eric seriously dislikes Bret.

While I like Bischoff for the most part he seems to have issues with recalling many of the events broached on the show. He has a very general memory of everything, not many small little details or insights.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I listened to the first couple of them and it was alright. As you say Eric operates in broad strokes when it comes to remembering things.

I think Bret dislikes Eric far far more. I heard that Eric was less than complementary towards Bret, but surely it can't be as personal as Bret is towards Eric. Bret might have mended fences with HBK but it's clear he is still really bitter on some things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

Seriously, you can't have listened to what Eric said about Bret if you've come to the conclusion Bret dislikes Eric more. He absolutely BURIES him.

The best part of it all is him claiming he never offered Bret a contract in 1996, then continuing to deny it when a couple of interviews surfaced from 1997 when Bischoff himself said he had offered Bret a deal. I like Bisch but his bullsh*t levels are off the chart some times.

Speaking of Bischoff, do you think he or Heyman will go into the WWE Hall of Fame? I'd say Heyman has a better chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bischoff....seems to have issues with recalling many of the events broached on the show.

Probably cause he's talking out his hole a lot & only wants to talk about positive things like the NWO, Bill Goldberg & erm....crow Sting I guess.

I expect both in.

I was watching the July 14th, 2008 episode of Raw on the WWE network, and who do I see right behind the announce desk ? Only the future Charlotte Flair AKA Ashley Fliehr.

Monokne wrote: »
    Seriously, you can't have listened to what Eric said about Bret if you've come to the conclusion Bret dislikes Eric more. He absolutely BURIES him.

The best part of it all is him claiming he never offered Bret a contract in 1996, then continuing to deny it when a couple of interviews surfaced from 1997 when Bischoff himself said he had offered Bret a deal. I like Bisch but his bullsh*t levels are off the chart some times.

I said I heard his comments. I never said I listened to them. He buries Bret fair enough.

So, a wrestling personality talks utter scutter and when presented with proof doubles down. What a shocker :rolleyes:

Oh I wasn't implying you had said you'd listened to him, my apologies if I miscommunicated. It was more a "if you actually heard him saying these things, you'd hear how much he hated Bret" type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Know nothing about the wrestlers in it but it's an amazing photo...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlA0hnXA-2v/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Great image and sums up what I know about Walter. Supposed to be really good but you mostly hear about his chops, some mad pics out there of peoples chests after fighting him.

This lad for example
    DaMpebWXkAAebrc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Have to say that's pretty messed up (as in the picture)...I'm one of those who doesn't get much joy out of that kind of damage.

Like with Bryan at the Saudi RR....he seemed delighted. I was just what the hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I guess the wrestlers get a kick out of it because it just completely invalidates the argument of anyone who thinks it’s “fake”. Also you have to be a special kind of crazy to wrestle full time so there’s obviously that too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

martyos121 wrote: »
    I guess the wrestlers get a kick out of it because it just completely invalidates the argument of anyone who thinks it’s “fake”. Also you have to be a special kind of crazy to wrestle full time so there’s obviously that too. :D

But that's the thing, that's the hope....but I doubt it does anything to impress the non believers. It's still predetermined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Would it be fair to say that Hulk Hogan was both the greatest face and greatest heel of all time._?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Would it be fair to say that Hulk Hogan was both the greatest face and greatest heel of all time._?

would depend on your definition of greatest. Most famous face - probably, Biggest CunHeel - probably

Might depend on when someone grew up too as I'd still be inclined to go McMahon as greatest heel. Plus having only looked back on the height of Hulkamania instead of having witnessed it first hand (I was 2 for WM 3) I never saw Hogan as all that great a face. A moany lad who was always in the main event even when it made no sense like WM 9 vs Yoko, and a guy you actually understood when others (like Macho) got pissed at.

so many different eras to consider who the greatest heel was

from when i started watching in the 90s , id put Triple H, Mr Mcmahon, Kane, Taker and y2j had great heel runs in there careers. The Rock and SCSA heel runs were ok but a lot of people rooted for them same with Hogan

in the 00s we had CM Punk who done it very well esp during the summer of punk. Edge and Orton had there heel moments too

Few quick highlights from Goldberg's show tonight

He refused a chance to join wwf/e Before his wcw days. He was good friends with a lot of wcw guys at the time. He declined an earlier wwe come back a few years ago

He really disliked Vince Russo

He was somewhat restricted in what moves he could do in matches and done what he was told

Felt himself his winning streak ended at the right time and made a joke of Asuka breaking it

He was over critical of his first wwe run

He loves other pursuits outside of wrestling. Acting, hosting his reality shows and NASCAR driving or whatever racing he does

He was contacted by TNA but declined as he didn't like it and he's not in it for the money

One man was the reason he made a wwe comeback and it was Brock Lesner

He told us all treat everyone like you want to be treated

For our kids let them play video games but get them to do 100/100/100 per day (100 push ups, punches and medicine ball slams)

The Rusev slip was one his most embarrassing moments in wrestling

Very enjoyable show and a few more topics I don't mention

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    He was over critical of his first wwe run

Cheers for the write-up! Can u expand on this mate?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Cheers for the write-up! Can u expand on this mate?

cant remember much from that section of the show but i think he siad something along the lines of Not fitting in well with the WWE guys

the show was different from the HBK one by not having videos of Goldberg in action, backdrop pics and different sections. What was cool about last night was some people in the crowd got to ask questions.

fair play to Goldberg for staying behind to shake hands with people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

10 years ago the last ever WWE TV-14 PPV happened today (with WWE going PG two days later).

I'm thinking the quality of the Knockouts in Impact will improve from next week with the debut of
    Scarlett Bordeaux

• Registered Users Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭briany

Vince Russo has done a stellar job of keeping himself talked-about over the years, considering his work history since WCW folded. He's the only wrestling writer who even relatively casual fans know of because of his association with the Attitude Era. Lot of people hate the guy with a passion, but as the saying goes, "I don't care what they're saying about me, so long as they're talking about me."

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm thinking the quality of the Knockouts in Impact will improve from next week with the debut of
    Scarlett Bordeaux

Impact has moved to channel 192 (Showcase) on Sky if anyone is interested. It's shown at the same time as in the States so 1 o'clock on Thursday night/Friday morning.

I've enjoyed Impact since the changes behind the scenes at the start of the year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement