Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's like they've gone back to basics. Like I'm trying to think and they don't have anyone there now that made their name in WWE. They have former WWE guys but ones that were never too big.
    I'm not a fan of bringing in guys like Pentagon Jr in. For a guy who's so over and dominating in Lucha Underground, he just seems so small and out of place. Maybe the character just suits the Temple more than then Impact ring.

Speaking of Pentagon Jr, I'm not a fan of saying how body parts are being broken. I know it sounds more intimidating and all, but it just makes things less believable when, say, Marty Scurll breaks his opponents fingers only to have them not be a problem later on.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's like they've gone back to basics. Like I'm trying to think and they don't have anyone there now that made their name in WWE. They have former WWE guys but ones that were never too big.
    I'm not a fan of bringing in guys like Pentagon Jr in. For a guy who's so over and dominating in Lucha Underground, he just seems so small and out of place. Maybe the character just suits the Temple more than then Impact ring.

Completely agree on Pentagon JR. Don't think he should have won the world title a few months back. I'm not a huge fan of Austin Aries either though tbh so would like to see someone like Eli Drake or Brian Cage as world champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Cage reminds me a bit of Mark Jindrak (am I remembering right there?) in TNA a few years ago: TNA heads act like he’s the next big thing and there’s definitely upside there, but when you look at him objectively he’s clearly not the finished product and I think fans are just overrating that upside. We don’t still lament Jindrak as a talent that got unfairly looked over, I can’t remember the last time I heard or read his name tbh, and I think the same will be true of Cage unless he makes a big leap. We’ve seen a million of these lads come and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Matt Morgan maybe?

Sirsok wrote: »
    Matt Morgan maybe?

That’s the one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Ah the blueprint, was DOA with that stuttering gimmick in WWE, went to TNA had a decent run but was never entertaining. However what sets Sid apart from guys like him. Why was Did a two time wrestlemania main eventer, and Matt Morgan gets a stuttering gimmick. SIDS intensity?

For the record I always thought Matt Morgan was **** :D

But I've been really impressed by Cage since I started watching Impact wrestling in January. Looking forward to him Vs Matt Sydal for the X division championship at Slammiversary.

Yeah sorry, that probably came across as having a pop at what you said, more just something I'd thought about Cage since seeing the recent buzz about him. I like the fact he's in the X Division! Having not watched, is it something like he's trying to take it over as a power wrestler? Or is the X Division not flippy anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Haku/Meng is always cited as the baddest of wrestling bad asses. How come he never got any sort of push?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

bot43 wrote: »
    Haku/Meng is always cited as the baddest of wrestling bad asses. How come he never got any sort of push?

Because he was related to the Rock too early in his career.

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah sorry, that probably came across as having a pop at what you said, more just something I'd thought about Cage since seeing the recent buzz about him. I like the fact he's in the X Division! Having not watched, is it something like he's trying to take it over as a power wrestler? Or is the X Division not flippy anymore?

I think they want to show that he's massive in terms of physique but can do cruiserweight moves with ease which is one of the reasons I think he's been great. Looks brilliant a guy that size doing those moves. Usually when you see someone that jacked you think he's going to be slow and boring.

Also I don't think they want to put him straight into the world title picture. They're taking their time building him up which is good to see so another title first will keep him busy until pushing on to the world title. That's if he does indeed win tonight which I'm sure he will :D

Also think Tessa Blanchard was a great signing for them. Really impressed by her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Walk with Elias album is up on Spotify. 4 tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Watched the last 3 matches of Slammiversary last night. Pentagon Jr vs Sami Callihan was pretty ugly in parts but in a good way. Gonna watch the rest when I get home from work. Impact might be worth checking out for a couple of weeks, looks like they have got their act together literally. Bound 4 Glory going to be in New York, looking forward to seeing how the show comes together.

Slammiversary was bloody good. First Impact PPV I've watched in literally years.

Really enjoyed Slammiversary.

Kind of felt like an old school ECW ppv. Plenty of blood and violence mixed with good wrestling.

Is Slammiversary their Wrestlemania or was it another one? The audience was tiny. Still need to watch the Pentagon jr and Aries matches

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is Slammiversary their Wrestlemania or was it another one? The audience was tiny. Still need to watch the Pentagon jr and Aries matches

Bound For Glory is their mania I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Impact Wrestling really does not get enough appreciation nowadays.

Impact Wrestling really does not get enough appreciation nowadays.

The biggest compliment I can give them is that they've gotten so many wrestlers over with me in 5-6 months.

Cage, Su Yung, Callihan, Edwards, Blanchard, Eli Drake (don't know why he wasn't on the ppv though), LAX. Honestly thought the LAX storyline was some of the best acting I've seen in wrestling in a long time especially from King.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

Impact is in that weird spot where they're the best they've been in a long time, but they're so far down the pecking order that no one will give them a go. WWE is the major leagues, NXT is their excellent boutique indie, New Japan has some of the best wrestling in the world, and ROH benefits from the Bullet Club/NJPW relationship. This means Impact is at best 5th priority for most people, and it's also battling the stigma of being TNA forever.

• Advertisement

It so strange to see TNA footage on WWE Products, like the Something Else To Wrestle "AJ in TNA" episode.

I'd actually really like to see TNA stuff on the Network. some of their old PPVs were pretty damn good.

What channel shows Impact these days? I just have crappy Eir TV, likely won't be able to watch without Sky I'd imagine

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It so strange to see TNA footage on WWE Products, like the Something Else To Wrestle "AJ in TNA" episode.

I'd actually really like to see TNA stuff on the Network. some of their old PPVs were pretty damn good.

What channel shows Impact these days? I just have crappy Eir TV, likely won't be able to watch without Sky I'd imagine

Showcase on Sky mate (Ch 192) not sure about Eir but you can watch the new episodes for free each week on the GWN app. They get uploaded at the same time as the show airs in the States so 1AM on a Thursday night/Friday Morning.

All the old TNA PPVs are on the app aswell but you have to go premium (think it's around E7) to watch them but there is a month free trial.

https://globalwrestlingnetwork.com/videohub/IMPACT%20WRESTLING%202018/90008422V/

Showcase on Sky mate (Ch 192) not sure about Eir but you can watch the new episodes for free each week on the GWN app. They get uploaded at the same time as the show airs in the States so 1AM on a Thursday night/Friday Morning.

All the old TNA PPVs are on the app aswell but you have to go premium (think it's around E7) to watch them but there is a month free trial.

https://globalwrestlingnetwork.com/videohub/IMPACT%20WRESTLING%202018/90008422V/

Thank you CM.

What's it going to take for Vince to realize that his pushing of Reigns has failed, and that he now needs to F off for good?

I've never seen anyone literally pushed down the fans throats the way Reigns has been. No matter how many people shake his hand after he beats them, no matter how many title shots he gets after being "The underdog" (And yet somehow, he's also "The Big Dog"), not even if
    he gets the title after Summerslam
    , he's simply not been accepted as "The Guy". It's time to move on.

I have absolutely no interest in
    Brock vs Reigns 4
    . Seen it too many times. The story isn't right. It doesn't feel like he's been chasing this dream legitimately. How did Vince forget how to do this stuff? What's the problem? I think myself, everything is far too overproduced. Guys aren't allowed to be themselves, and micromanaging everything is actually ruining the product.

I would absolutely love it if the entire crowd just left before the main event of Summerslam. That's the only way to get the message through. Booing isn't doing the job, because Vince still thinks the fans are invested. He's getting a reaction, so people care. No Vince, the only thing people care about is not having this guy rammed down our throats.

And the worst of it is, Reigns seems like a nice guy. He seems like a capable guy. I want to like him. But the way he's booked, I just find it impossible. And i think, if he was allowed to, by being himself, he would get over organically. He has the tools. But the Shield stuff needs to go. The Shield music, the outfit - how was he the only one from that faction allowed to keep the gimmick going? I feel bad for the guy, he really is trying with what he's given. But i don't think he believes it himself, which is partly why the whole thing doesn't ring through as authentic.

I seen a reddit post one time with the list of tactics WWE have deployed in trying to get Reigns over. It was ridiculous. And after last night, it's even worse.

I won't be watching the Summerslam main event anyhow, i'll look up the results the following day or whatever, but at this stage, i'm just jaded with the entire thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I was praying WWE would get their library. Imagine the docs/collections they could put together for Joe, AJ, Angle, Roode, etc?

I think Becky needs a title of she wants to succeed. I don't just mean a championship, but something to compete with a goddess, a princess, a queen and an empress. Lasskicker sounds very uncouth. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I decided to watch Slammiversary after seeing all the hype it was getting online, and that was a bloody good show, as good as the Takeovers.

Nice energetic four way to start, just what you want from an opener. Tessa vs Allie was a decent match, and Dreamer vs Edwards had a nice little story. Next two matches were okay and the last three matches killed it. Two great hardcore matches and a really good world title match main event. It was nice to see them deliver a good show considering there seemed to be a lot of hype about it before the show too, much more than I've seen for an Impact show in a long time anyway. The venue looked gorgeous too. I'll definitely check out the TV now.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057829201

Impact thread just incase anyone is getting bored of us talking about Impact on this thread :D

Impact has moved to channel 192 (Showcase) on Sky if anyone is interested. It's shown at the same time as in the States so 1 o'clock on Thursday night/Friday morning.

After just 1 week of the above, 5spike will once again show the first airing of impact each week at 11pm on Friday nights. Showcase will have a "prime time" replay on Saturday and Sunday though. Very weird. Impact UK Twitter account just tweeted the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You just know Vince sees Tomasso Ciampa as a way to get cheers for Roman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You just know Vince sees Tomasso Ciampa as a way to get cheers for Roman

Stop it, stop it right now. Don't even think that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement