Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Stop it, stop it right now. Don't even think that.

If Paddy done odds on WM main events I'd be lumping on Reigns v Ciampa for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You just know Vince sees Tomasso Ciampa as a way to get cheers for Roman

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ciampa's current role wouldn't work on the main roster, the same way a lot of NXT call ups don't. They try to bring the character and story with them, but only a portion of the audience knows the back story. It's the worst part of NXT.
    Besides they would have to change his entrance theme since it borrows the lyrics from Roman's. (Yeah I know I made a similar bad joke in the NXT thread :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ciampa's current role wouldn't work on the main roster, the same way a lot of NXT call ups don't. They try to bring the character and story with them, but only a portion of the audience knows the back story. It's the worst part of NXT.
    Besides they would have to change his entrance theme since it borrows the lyrics from Roman's. (Yeah I know I made a similar bad joke in the NXT thread :))

I don't think it's the carrying on of the character and gimmick that's the problem when they arrive on the main roster, moreso that there's no clear purpose in mind for them.

Ideally Ciampa would debut by absolutely screwing someone that's a firm fan favourite, someone like Bryan who is about to win the big one again. Straight off the bat the main audience would be thinking who is this absolute ****ing **** that has just screwed Bryan? It's easy to book if you want to book it. Problem is Vince just isn't arsed much of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't know what you're all talking about. AOP, Apollo Crews, Tye Dillinger, Ember Moon and Bobby Roode all have brilliantly written and fleshed out characters since they've arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Do independent wrestlers get to keep their own merch once they've signed with WWE, only asking cause Johnny Gargano still has his ProWrestlingTees store, even though he's been with WWE since 2015..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Do independent wrestlers get to keep their own merch once they've signed with WWE, only asking cause Johnny Gargano still has his ProWrestlingTees store, even though he's been with WWE since 2015..

I think some in NXT are allowed. Balor still had SPLX t-shirts on sale for a good year or so after his NXT debut. It probably depends on their contract and prior agreed merch deals

I don't think anyone other than Brock has any special deal. Iirc didn't Dolph Ziggler even got into trouble for doing standup?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That’s because he was bringing the company into disrepute with his ‘comedy’.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

leggo wrote: »
    That’s because he was bringing the company into disrepute with his ‘comedy’.

I really wanna see just how bad he is! I only saw that tiny clip they showed on total divas (the tinder joke was an appalling intro)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What did Owens do to piss off Braun? I genuinely can't remember.

Owens asked to be friends and since then he's been tipped over in a portable toilet, had his car flipped over, been thrown off a 20ft ladder and been thrown 20ft off a steel cage through the announce table.

Owens is the face in all this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Hope Owens wins the briefcase tbh. They've turned Braun in a catchphrase yielding puppy.

Has anyone seen Tommaso Ciampa’s theme online anywhere?

WWE usually release most themes but haven’t seen it in the usual places yet...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Has anyone seen Tommaso Ciampa’s theme online anywhere?

WWE usually release most themes but haven’t seen it in the usual places yet...

I think it's called a chorus of boos

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I really wanna see just how bad he is! I only saw that tiny clip they showed on total divas (the tinder joke was an appalling intro)

Funnily enough just after saying this, Dolph appears on the new season of Jeff Ross's Roast Battle

https://www.facebook.com/JeffRossPresentsRoastBattle/videos/1958133937604540/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Would anyone like to see a return of "The Faction" in WWE? During the Attitude era, there were a great amount of them

DOA
    Los Boricuas
    DX
    The Nation
    The Oddities
    The Truth Commission
    Right to Censor
    The Hart Foundation

I used to love a big faction war. A lot of the PPVs were built around factions too, like Summerslam 97, where faction members would all feature in matches, such as Owen vs Austin, Bulldog vs Shamrock, Pillman Vs Goldust & Bret vs Taker.

What would be some good factions today?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What would be some good factions today?

The Undisputed Era are a great faction in NXT, you’ve got the leader in Adam Cole with a singles title and the other two in the group involved with the tag belts

NXT is having another WarGames in November and I’d love for it to be between the Undisputed Era and British Strong Style

The Wyatt Family should have been a much better faction that they were, you had a cult leader who didnt really attract anyone into his cult for a long time

What I don't like about factions is when they ruin matches with interference. Sometimes it can be done okay but a lot of the time it just gets annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gerrybbadd wrote:
    DOA
    Los Boricuas
    DX
    The Nation
    The Oddities
    The Truth Commission
    Right to Censor
    The Hart Foundation

Majority of them were sh!t tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The Wyatt Family should have been a much better faction that they were, you had a cult leader who didnt really attract anyone into his cult for a long time

I always thought they had epic potential. They had a relatively decent run with Bray getting a good push but when I look at how well Braun played out I always imagine how cool it would have been if he was the main event Wyatt Monster.

And if you really want to bury a faction, have them be beaten single handedly by Cena, like Nexus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All factions would lay down for a Roman lead Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think Adam Cole will be a huge star on the main roster. He's got the perfect look for a slimy heel and the massive catchphrase to get him over as a face. Surprised how young he is too, just turned 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The League of Nations was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No mention of The Brood.

For shame lads, for shame.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My random thought if the day is when Hogan does return is it possible the crowd will turn on him...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Loughc wrote: »
    My random thought if the day is when Hogan does return is it possible the crowd will turn on him...?

going by twitter and on internet in general its going to be mixed but i with hogan not always so honest or humble, if hes apologizing it could take a turn honestly have no clue.

i think wed get a pop for the initial music then it would turn.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Cancelled sky sports a couple of years back. Cancelled network today.

Officially a lapsed fan now.

Just grew tired of it, overkill of shows, too much stuff that did not matter and ironically too much of a good thing with so many people from elsewhere joining up and just becoming ordinary.

I think it all peaked for me with Bryan winning the title at mania. My son even got Bryan as a middle name.

I will keep following the board but probably won't have much to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

DM_7 wrote: »
    Cancelled sky sports a couple of years back. Cancelled network today.

Officially a lapsed fan now.

Just grew tired of it, overkill of shows, too much stuff that did not matter and ironically too much of a good thing with so many people from elsewhere joining up and just becoming ordinary.

I think it all peaked for me with Bryan winning the title at mania. My son even got Bryan as a middle name.

I will keep following the board but probably won't have much to post.

I can totally relate to this - I've been following things less and less the past couple of months/years

I can only see myself watching the big 4 PPVs a couple of days after on the network. Maybe some others if there is some special attraction such as a big return or mega match

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

+1 here. Really only watch the big events, and the NXT takeovers these days.

I use the Network mainly for nostalgia trips, Something Else to Wrestle, and that's about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Between here, Bleacher Report and a quick flick through Twitter every Tuesday & Wednesday morning, I'm up to speed in no time.

Certainly easier than sitting through 3 & 2 hours every week. Plus YouTube if anything good really goes down..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement