Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭briany

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    +1 here. Really only watch the big events, and the NXT takeovers these days.

I use the Network mainly for nostalgia trips, Something Else to Wrestle, and that's about it

It's the only way to watch wrestling. Most of wrestling is dross filler. There's been a few periods in wrestling where the stars aligned and entire shows would be good, but it's proven the exception rather than the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

DM_7 wrote: »
    Cancelled sky sports a couple of years back. Cancelled network today.

Officially a lapsed fan now.

Just grew tired of it, overkill of shows, too much stuff that did not matter and ironically too much of a good thing with so many people from elsewhere joining up and just becoming ordinary.

I think it all peaked for me with Bryan winning the title at mania. My son even got Bryan as a middle name.

I will keep following the board but probably won't have much to post.

Subscribe to NJPW. Excellent, consistent product.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

It's a weird industry now. Viewership dwindling for years, the core audience so disengaged with the most pushed talents. But mostly because of the TV landscape and partly the company's ability to monetize the smaller fanbase they've got left, they'll soon be richer than they have ever been.

Vince may not be the booker he was & he might be extraordinarily out of touch with his audience, but he's still sharp with the business side of the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

love the fact its a shield dvd yet they put up a picture of roman instead of the 3 of them

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1024693766807056384

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With only Roman's twitter and a picture from one of the main moments that the fans were really against him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    love the fact its a shield dvd yet they put up a picture of roman instead of the 3 of them

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1024693766807056384
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    With only Roman's twitter and a picture from one of the main moments that the fans were really against him

giphy.gif

WWE hoping fans don't notice the slight against Seth & Dean..

J. Marston wrote: »
    Think Adam Cole will be a huge star on the main roster. He's got the perfect look for a slimy heel and the massive catchphrase to get him over as a face. Surprised how young he is too, just turned 29.

I think he's far too small to get a key spot.

Monokne wrote: »
    I think he's far too small to get a key spot.

think hed end up being used in the same way is finn is right now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:

Smiling babyface #102
    Aka a face Big Show minus the key asset Size

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At the moment a lot of the over guys in NXT are more suited to 205 live if go by Vince's standards.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »

I'm not sold he'd get that far either. He's not only small but doesn't have the cut body or the demon gimmick like Finn. I personally like him as a talent but I really don't like his chances on the main roster.

I'm not sold he'd get that far either. He's not only small but doesn't have the cut body or the demon gimmick like Finn. I personally like him as a talent but I really don't like his chances on the main roster.

Tbh i fear for anyone coming up from nxt. Id say a guy like lars sullivan has a better chance than cole, gargano, ciampa etc of being a star

Oh for sure. Vince just has his types and he goes for them. If you're outside that range, he dismisses you. Where in years gone by he'd listen to the audience if they reacted to someone who doesn't fit his type, now he books them to fail and just pushes his types the majority of the time.

For example, If I was a woman in NXT, I'd be reaching for the silicon & bleach. The last time there was a main roster womens/divas/raw/sd titles match that didn't involve a girl with fake cans and blonde hair was in September 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

So EC3 could be grand on main roster since he does have the look that Vinces likes.

I imagine he will be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Anyone else really annoyed how they just blew off Asuka/Carmella a few weeks back? Like, I'm not annoyed that Asuka lost, I'm just annoyed that it seemed like they were setting up for something more (probably to do with Ellsworth), and then they just...didn't.

I'm so irritated by watching Carmella wrestle in general. Just go away heat. I couldn't force myself to watch their most recent PPV match and by the sounds of that sharkcage garbage, that was for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,901 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm so irritated by watching Carmella wrestle in general. Just go away heat. I couldn't force myself to watch their most recent PPV match and by the sounds of that sharkcage garbage, that was for the best.

Yeah she's very annoying. I mean liv Morgan is light years ahead of her. Liv takes bumps very well and Carmela doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So it's sounds like Matt Hardy is retiring cause of injury. Apparently his lower back and pelvis are starting to fuse together

Can we blame the curse of Bray Wyatt ??

Be interesting to see where he goes from here backstage role, be a manager for Bray Wyatt keeping the woken gimmick ???

Getting the rights for the broken/woken gimmick prob took a bit away from it in wwe but it had it's ok moments.

A lot of fantasy booking for WWE when he was in TNA/independents kind of setting us up for disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 39,901 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've always heard how crap WCW was in 2000 and onwards. I decided to watch an episode of nitro from may 2000 and Jaysus I only got 30 minutes into it and turned it off. It was rubbish.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've always heard how crap WCW was in 2000 and onwards. I decided to watch an episode of nitro from may 2000 and Jaysus I only got 30 minutes into it and turned it off. It was rubbish.

Lot of the big guys such as flair, sting, Goldberg etc as always say how embarrassed they were to be a part of the company near the end.

Was too young to remember the Monday night wars when they were in there height. In fact was only 11 when Vince bought WCW and didn't realise the alliance was lets say a **** rep of WCW guys. What the invasion could of been if they got the right guys in earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's definitely the biggest missed oppurtunity in terms of Wrestling stories ever

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Hardy really is retiring the WWE need to get him on the booking team as soon as they can.

I can’t see it happening thought and if it does his ideas will be neutered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Not sure if anyone follow Maria and Mike Bennett on Instagram but I often read their posts at digs at the likes of Maryse and Bellas for being reality "stars".

I get a kick out of it tbh and they seem likeable, but they're really in a weird situation right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not sure if anyone follow Maria and Mike Bennett on Instagram but I often read their posts at digs at the likes of Maryse and Bellas for being reality "stars".

I get a kick out of it tbh and they seem likeable, but they're really in a weird situation right now.

I'd say WWE have the release email typed out and are ready to click send as soon as they're legally allowed to.

Pretty sure they were with WWE for only a few months before Mike went into rehab and Maria went on maternity leave. Mike has overcome it and got in great shape though, credit to him.

Great theme though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I often feel the likes of them spend too much time on social media and not enough time praying to hope to remain employed as they offer f**k all to the company that employs them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maria and Mike got what they needed and wanted from the WWE and when released they can go back to being real independent contractors for other companies.

Mike got clean and Maria got to have a child and not lose money while spending time with her newborn.

It's nice to see wrestlers use the WWE for there benefit than the other way around for a change.

Curious spin on things.

WWE hired them. It's not like they thought "We'll go to WWE for a year. Get clean, have a kid, then go back to doing what we want". Sure it worked out that way but I doubt someone knee deep in heavy addiction had this clarity of foresight.

I also disagree with ERG about what they offer to have the company. Not that there is a huge upside to Mike Bennett, but he's serviceable on the undercard. And Maria has real star presence as a valet or manager, more so than Zelina and probably even Lana. Just needs to be paired with the right act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cena talking about his 5 moves of doom and possibly debuting a new finisher at a Shanghai show on September 1st...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement