Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Is there anyone else who has SkyQ that's having trouble with recording RAW at random intervals? It seems to do this for no real reason at all, and when I actually do notice it, when I go over to the programme, it won't let me record. I don't know what's up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

Is there anyone else who has SkyQ that's having trouble with recording RAW at random intervals? It seems to do this for no real reason at all, and when I actually do notice it, when I go over to the programme, it won't let me record. I don't know what's up with that.

It's to do with their series link having a limited number of episodes. I usually just check if it's set to record before I go to bed, but have missed it a bunch.

I view it as a higher power sending me a message to stop wasting my life. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Monokne wrote: »
    It's to do with their series link having a limited number of episodes. I usually just check if it's set to record before I go to bed, but have missed it a bunch.

I view it as a higher power sending me a message to stop wasting my life. :D

Surely not?

021_raw_06071999_0018-883022239.jpg?w=670

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Monokne wrote: »
    Curious spin on things.

WWE hired them. It's not like they thought "We'll go to WWE for a year. Get clean, have a kid, then go back to doing what we want". Sure it worked out that way but I doubt someone knee deep in heavy addiction had this clarity of foresight.

I also disagree with ERG about what they offer to have the company. Not that there is a huge upside to Mike Bennett, but he's serviceable on the undercard. And Maria has real star presence as a valet or manager, more so than Zelina and probably even Lana. Just needs to be paired with the right act.

I also think Maria is excellent and could make the package work very well. From what I've of seen of Mike he's good too and can carry a storyline.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Surely not?

021_raw_06071999_0018-883022239.jpg?w=670

Huge pop for this :D

• Advertisement

Would love to see a new Deadly Alliance style faction come to fruition at Summerslam spearheaded by Heyman.

Have AoP mysteriously decimate Strowman allowing Owens to win the briefcase, only for AoP to strike again later in the night to the direction of Heyman, decimating Reigns and Lesnar to allow Owens again to get the easy cash in.

I think Owens, AoP and a final wildcard male (Ambrose?) would work well in a faction managed by Heyman where they're all kept together by his evil genius. Have Baszler as the all conquering woman in the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would love to see a new Deadly Alliance style faction come to fruition at Summerslam spearheaded by Heyman.

Have AoP mysteriously decimate Strowman allowing Owens to win the briefcase, only for AoP to strike again later in the night to the direction of Heyman, decimating Reigns and Lesnar to allow Owens again to get the easy cash in.

I think Owens, AoP and a final wildcard male would work well in a faction managed by Heyman where they're all kept together by his evil genius. Have Baszler as the all conquering woman in the group.

Awesome may be have Samoa Joe part of that group too

But we all knw Reigns and/or Cena will prob beat this group

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think Owens, AoP and a final wildcard male (Ambrose?) would work well in a faction managed by Heyman where they're all kept together by his evil genius. Have Baszler as the all conquering woman in the group.

Damn that’s savage booking....

I’d like to subscribe to your newsletter.

It’s a shame the current product doesn’t have half the creativity as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    Damn that’s savage booking....

I’d like to subscribe to your newsletter.

It’s a shame the current product doesn’t have half the creativity as that.

#HandsomeBobForWWECreative

Thanks lads. :pac: Just have a strong fancy Owens will end the night as champ and they have to get there somehow.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. :pac: Just have a strong fancy Owens will end the night as champ and they have to get there somehow.

I hope for this, but we all know it's gonna be Mr Get These Hands Braun Strowman, but on the flipside it's better than Lesnar retaining/sat on his ass again until Survivor Series, and most definitely better than Reigns going into a 4th reign as Champion..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thanks lads. Just have a strong fancy Owens will end the night as champ and they have to get there somehow.

Good think they've booked him well this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

19 years ago tonight Jericho made his debut on WWF TV on monday night Raw when the clock hit zero.

I remember seeing this when it aired here in Ireland as a 14 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    19 years ago tonight Jericho made his debut on WWF TV on monday night Raw when the clock hit zero.

I remember seeing this when it aired here in Ireland as a 14 year old.

I didnt get wcw so i remember not having a clue who he was but he had me hooked from that moment

sky88 wrote: »
    I didnt get wcw so i remember not having a clue who he was but he had me hooked from that moment

I did get WCW due the infamous Cork Multi Channel Black box with a few modifications. It was a pretty famous debut.

sky88 wrote: »

The reaction is enough for ya to know it's a big deal. :P

The reaction is enough for ya to know it's a big deal. :P

Yeah when JERICHO appeared on the Titantron that pop was something superstars today can only wish for.

I remember reading the spoiler that he had made his debut on.......... Teletext :D

There used to be a wrestling page on sky 1 Teletext and the main headline was "Jericho arrives!"

I remember reading the spoiler that he had made his debut on.......... Teletext :D

There used to be a wrestling page on sky 1 Teletext and the main headline was "Jericho arrives!"

:D:D Christ teletext. Many a saturday afternoon looking at the RTE teletext trying to get the soccer results and pausing the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Motherf*cka of a teletext lied to me too many times. I remember waiting for Nation of Domination 2000 patiently for ages. Meant to have Rikishi in it I believe and maybe K-Kwik aka R-Truth.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    :D:D Christ teletext. Many a saturday afternoon looking at the RTE teletext trying to get the soccer results and pausing the page.

Long before the internet, Teletext was my go to for football scores, wrestling hadn't come into the picture for me yet..

Any idea if it's still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Long before the internet, Teletext was my go to for football scores, wrestling hadn't come into the picture for me yet..

Any idea if it's still around?
    Nope. The old style of Teletext died when the analogue TV services were shut down.

sky88 wrote:

I never watched WCW so when Bischoff turned up I had no clue of his backstory other than vaguely remembering his name. From the outside reading kayfabe mags WCW to me was Sting, Goldberg, 4 Horsemen, NWO with about 10 varieties of it (Original B&W, Hollywood, Wolfpac, LatinoWO, NWO Japan, 2000) & amazing cruiserweights. I remember naively thinking the show must be awesome if Jericho & Benoit went to WWF to get showcased.
    Wrestling was a lot easier to enjoy before you realised how bad WCW was ran & how in spite of that just how much of a blow it was when they went kaput.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think I read on here that Regal had health problems recently. Saw the parking lot segment and interview outside the hospital from NXT and I think he looks quite unwell. He's working and on TV again so you'd assume it's nothing serious but it's quite noticeable, not sure what others think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Motherf*cka of a teletext lied to me too many times. I remember waiting for Nation of Domination 2000 patiently for ages. Meant to have Rikishi in it I believe and maybe K-Kwik aka R-Truth.

I remember getting pumped for a 3rd Brother to go alongside Taker and Kane. Even bigger than the 2 lads, according to teletext. So ya, f u teletext!

I've seen a clip of regal talking on the street about the main event of takeover and **** me he's gotten old and he doesn't look that well. His eyes look very strange. Those reports he was having health issues weren't wrong. He looks shook.

gerrybbadd wrote:
    I remember getting pumped for a 3rd Brother to go alongside Taker and Kane. Even bigger than the 2 lads, according to teletext. So ya, f u teletext!

I seem to remember Matt Morgan saying he was discussed for that role as Abel. Normally you would call it BS but Kane was the master of terrible storylines so I'm believing that character was at least discussed.
    Omackeral wrote:

If Vince Russo was around I could totally imagine him pitching a faction called Nation of Domination 2000 in the year 2001 or 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I loved the Nation of Domination entrance theme, still do. That and Christians theme from 2003ish I think.Called 'At last' Real rockin' tune.

Re the conversation of a modern day Dangerous Alliance. There are two gaping problems I see. First off, Heyman has had a negative impact when paired with guys he doesn't have a legitimate relationship and chemistry with. Cesaro, Ryback, Axel - all floundered badly after their runs with him. I think he has publicly said Reigns & Rousey are the only two he could see himself with. The top guy and woman in the business, no less. Not bad at politics is he? Secondly, Owens is probably the last person I'd be giving a mouthpiece too.

I do agree with much of your framework and that a top stable would be a good idea though, particularly with no link to the authority. AOP and Ambrose would work as part of it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Completely forgot he was with Axel and I remember nothing of him being with Ryback!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement