Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

Which makes my point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching Lucha Underground and I think it's safe to say I would be very surprised if WWE signed Sonny Kiss, aka XO Lishus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I can't find the Question thread so I'll ask here.

When was this picture from? I don't ever recall Bret Hart wrestling in a singlet before under his Hitman gimmick. It looks so weird seeing him in one.

tXHf5Ndl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is that Lawler under the mask?

JaMarcus wrote: »
    I can't find the Question thread so I'll ask here.

When was this picture from? I don't ever recall Bret Hart wrestling in a singlet before under his Hitman gimmick. It looks so weird seeing him in one.

tXHf5Ndl.jpg

It's Survivor Series 1993. The Harts V Jerry Lawler & his knights. That's Greg Valetine under the hood as the blue knight. Barry Horowitz and Jeff 'nWo Sting' Gaylord were the other knights. Bret wore this singlet once and once only.

• Advertisement

Actually, I misspoke. It was to be Jerry Lawler & his Knights, then Lawler was indicted on charges of sex with a minor in Memphis, and they awkwardly put Shawn Michaels in his place. Shawn Michaels and his knights...made perfect sense.

Used google image search and found a reddit thread about rarely used ring gear saying it was Survivor Series 93.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/7dj7jl/post_some_pictures_of_rarelittle_used_gear_in_the/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

If only we could find out when Razor Ramon wore long tights

(bottom left)

DSC_0006-13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Monokne wrote: »
    It's Survivor Series 1993.

That's only a bit before when Owen kicked Bret's leg from under his leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Monokne wrote: »
    It's Survivor Series 1993. The Harts V Jerry Lawler & his knights. That's Greg Valetine under the hood as the blue knight. Barry Horowitz and Jeff 'nWo Sting' Gaylord were the other knights. Bret wore this singlet once and once only.

Would he not just pull the tights on up to the waist with the singlet?

Maybe the tights went missing or something that night.

• Advertisement

Would he not just pull the tights on up to the waist with the singlet?

Maybe the tights went missing or something that night.

All the siblings were wearing the same style outfit, the other 3 in black with pink trim, him in pink with black trim. It was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 antrim14

I thought Renee Young's commentary debut on Raw was enjoyable and refreshing. She still has a long way to go but I certainly enjoyed her a lot more than Coach. She said after that Vince left her alone for most of the night, which for anyone who knows how Vince produces his shows, is a big deal. I'd like to see her given more changes to shine in the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

antrim14 wrote: »
    I thought Renee Young's commentary debut on Raw was enjoyable and refreshing. She still has a long way to go but I certainly enjoyed her a lot more than Coach. She said after that Vince left her alone for most of the night, which for anyone who knows how Vince produces his shows, is a big deal. I'd like to see her given more changes to shine in the role.

Didn’t catch Raw but Renee is great, she seems very likeable and good natured.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This might be an unpopular thought/opinion but would Triple H being added to the main event at Wrestlemania 17 made it better in any way ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    This might be an unpopular thought/opinion but would Triple H being added to the main event at Wrestlemania 17 made it better in any way ?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What would put that idea into your head at all

He had his WM main event slot and win at 162000 and X8, he got enough main events during that period

I mean you could sort of make an arguement for having it Stone Cold vs HHH instead and prolong that feud into X7 since he was behind the attack

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What would put that idea into your head at all

He had his WM main event slot and win at 162000 and X8, he got enough main events during that period

I mean you could sort of make an arguement for having it Stone Cold vs HHH instead and prolong that feud into X7 since he was behind the attack

The interwebs. I'm not saying it should have happened and what we got was wrestling poetry and will never be repeated(both the main event and the event in general) but I just said I'd throw it out there to the good brothers of the PW forum.

To that point, that was the single biggest drawing Wrestlemania of all time, which meant that main event was the single biggest drawing match in wrestling history.

So no, they shouldn't have changed it! Simples. Three way feuds have never been a draw. I can't think of one which did business, save maybe for Benoit - H - HBK at WM20 but even that wasn't off the charts and the card had multiple 'main events' by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The interwebs. I'm not saying it should have happened and what we got was wrestling poetry and will never be repeated(both the main event and the event in general) but I just said I'd throw it out there to the good brothers of the PW forum.

Usually you fantasy book the crap stuff like the invasion, when i want to be reminded of how cool wrestling was i watch that match because it's the peak of wrestling so adding HHH to it is like a nightmare to even think about

Makes for a fascinating topic for Around The Horn though at the same time, is there any appetite around for a 2018 version of it since there's no ongoing game in the pw forum atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Austin v Triple H probably would've been the Summerslam main event in 2001 if he hadn't gotten injured.

The seed was sewn in his last Raw tag match where Triple H hit Austin with the sledgehammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Usually you fantasy book the crap stuff like the invasion, when i want to be reminded of how cool wrestling was i watch that match because it's the peak of wrestling so adding HHH to it is like a nightmare to even think about

Makes for a fascinating topic for Around The Horn though at the same time, is there any appetite around for a 2018 version of it since there's no ongoing game in the pw forum atm

100% yes. I was thinking ATH was long overdue again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    100% yes. I was thinking ATH was long overdue again!

Gerry don't visit Scarlett's Instagram today..... You might have a hearto. :pac: I just said ****ing hell out loud on the platform.

He must be watching Impact religiously on a weekly basis now. Own segment in this week's episode called The Smoke Show.
    Preferred the red hair though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    He must be watching Impact religiously on a weekly basis now. Own segment in this week's episode called The Smoke Show.
    Preferred the red hair though

Say what? Didn't know that.... Now, to find Impact!!!

Yeah she joined a few weeks back and was interviewed a couple times and a backstage segment last week to give her her own segment from this week. Funnily enough after the discussion in the other thread, all her stuff is based entirely on her looks. No match yet.

I'm sure could just find her segments online. And here they are
    Debut
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZBVjbbb9Vg
    Second week
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uh06Dp_4jI
    Last week
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ny-cbfpSc
    Last night
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOamVBWEQxw&t=2s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I was surprised at how good her promo was when she debuted on Impact and she hasmaintained that since. Easily one of the most interesting stars in wrestling for me right now. Makes me laugh to think back to when she was cannon fodder for Nia Jax on Raw not so long ago. :pac:

Maria put up an interesting post on Instagram in response to Charlotte's diva in a women's revolution comment on Smackdown this week. Scarlett is proving her point in that it's important not to narrow or dismiss the scope of what women can contribute to the business.

I can relate to her. As I've said before, I too am tired of being hot shamed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Gerry don't visit Scarlett's Instagram today..... You might have a hearto. :pac: I just said ****ing hell out loud on the platform.

Sweet baby Jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Scarlett is most definitely a smoke show..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Drunken thought

Shield led by Paul Heyman ???

Ambrose and Rollins lose but Reigns talk them into helping him win vs Lesner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement