Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Drunken retort, sounds plausible. If Heyman turns heel, that's the way to go if ya ask me. Snooker's Rollins push for the title though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wouldn't that mean Roman turning heel?
    Keep forgetting Summerslam is on this weekend, which means Takeover to watch on Sunday when I get up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ambrose turns on rollins and later costs reigns as well and aligns with heyman is the way i would do it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm responding to my utterly stupid thought from last night about trips. I just rewatched the main event from Mania 17 and good Jesus it's magic. The ending austin himself felt he should have hit a stunner on Vince at the end, but the two lads were clearly the correct call on all counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Man that Jerry Lawler podcast about his son was hard to listen to.

At the end when says 'if you have kids, tell them that you love them because I didn't do that enough with Brian."

Tears welled up in my eyes when he said that in a quiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

:D Takes a big man to admit when he got it wrong!

The other thing is Triple H and Taker had a really nice match on that show that would've been lost as well so defo for the best.
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm responding to my utterly stupid thought from last night about trips. I just rewatched the main event from Mania 17 and good Jesus it's magic. The ending austin himself felt he should have hit a stunner on Vince at the end, but the two lads were clearly the correct call on all counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Monokne wrote: »

The other thing is Triple H and Taker had a really nice match on that show that would've been lost as well so defo for the best.

Even though it was whitewashed when they went again at Mania!

What was whitewashed? I don't know what you're talking about. Undertaker & Triple H first met at Wrestlemania 27, as I recall.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What was whitewashed? I don't know what you're talking about. Undertaker & Triple H first met at Wrestlemania 27, as I recall.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. As WM 27 was more than 3 months ago I have no memory of that or any coherent storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Thoughts of a Wrestling Fan #1: Wanting to watch SummerSlam the night it airs, only to find out that your subscription lapsed 2 weeks ago and WWE never emailing you a confirmation message.

• Advertisement

It usually auto renews for me? Was under the impression you have to actually cancel it yourself.

It usually auto renews for me? Was under the impression you have to actually cancel it yourself.
    I buy 3 month subs from GameStop.

Ahem...

Sorry, this promotion is only available to new WWE Network subscribers. Click below to purchase a WWE Network subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this posted on Reddit and it irrationally annoyed me...

https://twitter.com/KarlAndersonWWE/status/1031327079596519425

Blaming the fans kinda passive aggressively for them not being on TV when they haven't half a personality between the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

They’re not blaming, they’re working. They’re putting out social media content they hope will act as inspiration for fans to start chanting for them and raise their profile, which is what everyone in their position should be doing whether it works or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I forgot clean about them, to be honest.

Ahem...

Sorry, this promotion is only available to new WWE Network subscribers. Click below to purchase a WWE Network subscription.

I suspect there are ways around this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    I forgot clean about them, to be honest.

There was a time where you'd think they are the type that should save their money as they won't be resigned but WWE are stockpiling so they will probably stay.
    Need to move on from the club shtick as Vince ain't interested in pushing something he doesn't feel he created. It's 3 years since they were doing that, time to move on but saying nerds! ain't clever either.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Monster in the bank is doing quite alright for himself on the female front

https://www.facebook.com/426095227778007/posts/871025416618317/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Charlotte really needs to stop doing the corkscrew moonsault, every time she does it its coming off worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Extreme Rules 2018, Main Event: Dolph Ziggler vs Seth Rollins

Five weeks later...

SummerSlam 2018, Opening Match: Dolph Ziggler vs Seth Rollins

Anything like that happen before? The main event of one PPV is literally the next PPV's opening match?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭CowGoesMoo100

Does anybody else absolutely cringe at the sight of grown men holding replica belts in the crowd? I know you could argue it's no different to wearing a particular wrestler's tee,which seems acceptable, but, I don't know. To me, it just seems embarrassing. It's guys like this that make me feel ashamed to admit I follow wrestling for fear of people seeing these dudes holding belts and thinking that,because I follow wrestling, I do something similar. Just something I noticed quite a lot over the weekend at both Takeover and Summerslam. Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I still mark out a little bit when a wrestlers music is playing as they clear house in the ring for instance New Jack or Sabu back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

So after the OTT show at the weekend and being there to see Devlin WALTER live and seeing the reaction of a few people to say it was the greatest match they've ever seen live, I was wondering what people consider to be the greatest match they've ever seen live, and what made it so great?

The Devlin WALTER match is probably quite easily the best for me because it was a great match with a great build, and an atmosphere that really made it special. Though I've only ever been to WWE house shows and OTT shows, and have never attended a show outside of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have a few that are memorable.

First one, and I was so lucky to be there for it is Okada/Shibata from Sakura Genesis! I have the program and my ticket framed at home.

Osprey/Dunne/Smile from the Father Ted themed OTT show was outstanding. Brought two non-wrestling fans and they were blown away!

I love deathmatches and yes I'm in the minority, but Jun Kasai vs Masada - Gusset Plate Deathmatch from CZW @Wrestlecon 2013. A great story told in the match, but the sight of Jun Kasai coming up from the drop toe hold into the gusset plates was something to behold. A good chunk of people left right away as the blood was just too much. It was epic though!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Smiling Finn and Eugene would be the perfect tag team.

The Simple Brothers.

5b48b96cdcc27.image.jpg
    finn-balor-reveals-inclusive-balor-club-for-everyone-t-shirt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I've not been to that much live wrestling but the one that comes to mind immediately is Ryan Smile vs Marty Scurll at Wrestlecon. I was really looking forward to seeing Marty for the first time and he didn't disappoint.

The other is probably Cena vs Ziggler at a Dublin house show a while back which was really entertaining.

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    So after the OTT show at the weekend and being there to see Devlin WALTER live and seeing the reaction of a few people to say it was the greatest match they've ever seen live, I was wondering what people consider to be the greatest match they've ever seen live, and what made it so great?

The best match I have seen live was the ***** AJ Styles V Chris Daniels V Samoa Joe match for the X Division title at Unbreakable in September 2005, which is still the only TNA match Meltzer ever gave 5* too. It was just an incredible spectacle, filled with extraordinary and groundbreaking spots & near falls.

From a spectacle perspective, the top matches at Wrestlemania 28 - Taker/HHH in the Cell, Rock/Cena 1, and the HBK-Undertaker match at Wrestlemania 26 were incredible as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Matt Riddle V Mike Baily..... guys kicked the feck out of each other, the video doesnt do it justice as each hit echoed throughout the arena.

Also seeing Aj Styles v Kurt Angle at TNA's first show in Ireland was mind blowing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement