Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Does anyone remember Hogan Knows Best TV show that was on MTV a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

mxph3 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Hogan Knows Best TV show that was on MTV a few years ago?

I think many a hardcore wrestling fan signals that as the end of Hulkamania. It mad me hate Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think many a hardcore wrestling fan signals that as the end of Hulkamania. It mad me hate Hogan

His relationship with Brooke is beyond creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

krudler wrote: »
    His relationship with Brooke is beyond creepy.

Yes. Yes it is. Uncomfortably so. She looks like a female Hulk anyhow, big man jaw and man hands on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Whosthis wrote: »
    The Great Khali

It'll never cease to amaze me that this man once squashed, in the truest sense of the word, The Undertaker.

Xavier Woods

I am not trying to be a smarky dick, but my noggin refuses to process auld Xavier as anything other than Consequences Creed. You can imagine how
    little the affiliation with R-Truth has aided matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Speaking of Xavier, what's with the Power Rangers references? Angel Grove, Morphin Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of Xavier, what's with the Power Rangers references? Angel Grove, Morphin Time.

He's a 90's fanboy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The lack of a believable face commentator makes it so much more difficult for heels to sell themselves as heels.

JR did that so well, and really sold every dastardly deed a heel perpetrated, Cole is too busy on about the app or trying to be cool, and Jerry the King doesn't really play too much of any role anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

This new Cena/Uso alliance makes Cena look like the prototypical 30 something, went nowhere jock that still gets drunk with the frat boys.

robvondoom wrote: »
    This new Cena/Uso alliance makes Cena look like the prototypical 30 something, went nowhere jock that still gets drunk with the frat boys.

Yeah it's embarassing for all involved but maybe helps the Usos get support from the Cena demographic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm sure it will do wonders for them like it did for Zack Ryder, Evan Bourne and Cryme Tyme...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wonder will we have a fully grown Little Jimmy at a future Raw anniversary like we had Mae Young's hand?

Will Big Daddy & Giant Haystacks go into WWE Hall of Fame some day? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

The Voices of Wrestling's TNA Impact reviewer quit as he just couldn't take it anymore. Found that pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just thinking it's such a pity Sandow didn't do his local gimmick shtick here in Dublin. Knacker Sandow would have been just too amazing I guess.

Lights fall...Aslan starts to boom from the PA..out a stumbles grease headed trackied up Damo Sandow. Saviour of the redline junkies.

*huge chorus of boos"

"Aaahhh heeeeier Dublin leeave it ouuuerrt!!! Ya packa geeebags!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Texas tornado, hawk, animal, hulk hogan , macho man, ultimate warrior, warlord, axe, crush , smash, barbarian, me.perfect, Hercules, earthquake, tugboat, big boss man, papa shango etc

Where the **** are the cool names gone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sirsok wrote: »
    Texas tornado, hawk, animal, hulk hogan , macho man, ultimate warrior, warlord, axe, crush , smash, barbarian, me.perfect, Hercules, earthquake, tugboat, big boss man, papa shango etc

They have been left in the past, in the "reality era" WWE wrestlers Superstars are like Brazillian superstars (have only 1 name) Cesaro, Sheamus, Rusev and if they are lucky will get a nickname thats decent, Swiss Superman, Celtic Warrior, Bulgarian Brute (creative these days only really feel creative if your from somewhere international with regards nicknames it would seem.... even The Jumping Geordie, Adrian Neville)

still its better than a few years ago and the Michael McGillicutty's and Scotty Goldmans of the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Most of those guys are dead :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I think the names are still awful. I thought Dolph Ziggler was the worst name I'd ever heard but surprisingly it has grown on me and I quite like it now.

Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Adrian Neville, Sammy Zayn, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas.. They're not so much generic as just random and terrible. They will never have a wrestling boom again with silly names like these. None of them sound mainstream or main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ambrose, Rollins and Zayn are alright.

The rest aren't great.

Bad names have always been a part of wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If anyone debuted with those names today, they'd be ridiculed...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wrestling Boom has nothing to do with names, as proved by the god awful names that were called cool a few posts ago.

Tugboat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

After The Shield, the JBL & Cole show is my favourite thing about WWE.

Too many people use the super kick or a variation of it nowadays imo.

On the names thing, I like Dolph, Roman Reigns, Jack Swagger, Tyler Breeze and probably a few more I can't think of now. They are 'regular-ish' names with a twist. John Cena is a crap name for a wrestler, lol.

I think the cynical nature of us all is a big part of it. If a guy called Ultimate Warrior or Animal had debuted on Raw tomorrow night rather than many years ago, I don't think many of us would take it that seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

CSF wrote: »
    I think the cynical nature of us all is a big part of it. If a guy called Ultimate Warrior or Animal had debuted on Raw tomorrow night rather than many years ago, I don't think many of us would take it that seriously.

Its like band names, sure. Imagine if the teenage band playing your local was called 'The Red Hot Chili Peppers'. I know I'd think they were some novelty ****e. Its about onwning the name and giving it meaning, The man makes the name in instances like this - would the Ultimate Warrior have been as loved as much if he had another name, most likely.

Or, to be more poetic - would an Adam Rose by any other other name sell any more seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

'Edge' was the last great name in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Deadlie wrote: »
    ...Or, to be more poetic - would an Adam Rose by any other other name sell any more seats?

5ajbeWB.gif

Curt Hawkins looks like Samuel Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It is shocking how much of Jericho's WWF debut promo could be applied to today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It is shocking how much of Jericho's WWF debut promo could be applied to today.

Yes, god yes!

Is Adam Rose the new Y2J, Seeing as hes our new WWE party host??? :( (I actually dont hate Adam Rose, just hate that hes a face)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement