Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Nakamura / Zayn from NXT Takeover Dallas is probably the best match I've seen live

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Nakamura / Zayn from NXT Takeover Dallas is probably the best match I've seen live

It's Nacker's best match under WWE too! (imo). Wish he could reach these heights again, he's at nowhere this level since joining the main roster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's Nacker's best match under WWE too! (imo). Wish he could reach these heights again, he's at nowhere this level since joining the main roster :(

Awh man that's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

The best match I've ever seen live was without doubt McGuinness vs Danielson at ROH Unified. No way it happens now considering the amount of unprotected head shots dealt out but it was incredible to witness live, especially from the front row! :cool:

Danielson looks bad ass here too
    DanielsonBelts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Not sure if random wrestling thought or unpopular but no one should kick out of seth rollins superplex falcon arrow combo it's ridiculous that they do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well I just spoiled the Mae Young Classic final on myself by clicking the Wikipedia entry for the all-women PPV Evolution. It lists both finalists as a match. Fuming!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It is pretty annoying that they record it so far in advance. Like it was recorded weeks ago, wasn't it? Yet won't air until next month.
    I think I spoiled it by googling one of the women posted in the picture thread.

Same with the NXT UK show. It was recorded and no air date yet.

...Wait, there's an all women PPV called Evolution? First I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

random thought I had after seeing a clip of 205 live, what happened to Brian Kendrick? he looks like rickety cricket

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Has anyone ever turned heel immediately prior to a match?

We always see the post match beatdown heel turn, eg Nakamura, Becky

But I'm just wondering if anyone's ever attacked someone pre match to turn heel

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Has anyone ever turned heel immediately prior to a match?

We always see the post match beatdown heel turn, eg Nakamura, Becky

But I'm just wondering if anyone's ever attacked someone pre match to turn heel

Cody Rhodes springs to mind straight away for me. He was defending the tag titles with his partner Bob Holly against the debuting Ted DiBiase Jr, who was set to reveal his tag partner on the night, but it ended up being Rhodes himself who turned on Holly to win the straps with Ted Jr.

Technically it wasn’t pre match as the bell rang just before the betrayal, but it’s close enough. It was also the birth of one of my favourite stables since the Attitude Era when Randy recruited them a couple of months later to form The Legacy. That time together as a stable was the peak of each of their careers for me, though I’m sure many wouldn’t feel the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Before PAC who was the last biggish name to go on strike to get a release from the WWE or is he the first.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Before PAC who was the last biggish name to go on strike to get a release from the WWE or is he the first.

Does Punk count? He just walked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Rey Mysterio was in limbo for a while around 2014. He had an injury and WWE kept renewing his contract because of some weird clause where if you don't fulfill a number of dates they can renew without you agreeing to it.

Bryan too after his concussion retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Cruiserweight title is hideous. Purple plastic looking mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

oneilla wrote: »
    Rey Mysterio was in limbo for a while around 2014. He had an injury and WWE kept renewing his contract because of some weird clause where if you don't fulfill a number of dates they can renew without you agreeing to it.

Bryan too after his concussion retirement

Yeah they freeze it while you're not performing.

The South African kid from the Nexus who's name escapes me....Justin something or other? The guy who did a mean 450. He just walked out.

Swagger & Rhodes were similar but they didn't put them on ice. I suspect had Neville asked to leave before Cody left, went out & became a star, they'd probably just have let him go. But they have been burned now.

Monokne wrote: »
    The South African kid from the Nexus who's name escapes me....Justin something or other? The guy who did a mean 450. He just walked out.

Swagger & Rhodes were similar but they didn't put them on ice. I suspect had Neville asked to leave before Cody left, went out & became a star, they'd probably just have let him go. But they have been burned now.

Justin Gabriel?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember Matt Hardy doing something around 2010, 2011.

oneilla wrote: »
    Justin Gabriel?

There it is!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Random thought for the evening. Would the WWF/E have gone ahead with the whole Hall Of Fame had André The Giant not died, Or would it have happened eventually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Considering how much they love to pat themselves on the back, it's a certainty

Vince himself the first member in 01/02 after killing WCW

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Random thought for the evening. Would the WWF/E have gone ahead with the whole Hall Of Fame had André The Giant not died, Or would it have happened eventually?

I'd say it would have happened eventually. I honestly think it was a case of them wanting to honour Andre after his death and someone said hall of fame and Vince ran with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I’m picking up bits of this “Izzy was chokeslammed” melodrama on Twitter. I’m not sure what’s worse, chokeslamming an 11 or 12 year old as part of “training”, or the fact that she’s been built up into a “personality” with her own Twitter account and fans etc. Either way and both ways, I blame the parents.

Pentecost wrote: »
    I’m picking up bits of this “Izzy was chokeslammed” melodrama on Twitter. I’m not sure what’s worse, chokeslamming an 11 or 12 year old as part of “training”, or the fact that she’s been built up into a “personality” with her own Twitter account and fans etc. Either way and both ways, I blame the parents.

I finally saw a clip of it and if Jim cornette has seen it expect his podcast tomorrow to be fun. I will say the guy giving the chockslam did seem to try and guide her down.

I don't care whether it's a male or female an eleven year old shouldn't be taking a bump of any kind in a wrestling ring. I know they have gotten "softer" but it's still boards and steel with canvas on it.

Is she a personality though ? Any gob****e can have a twitter account.

Pentecost wrote: »

Isn't she or wasn't she the Bayley super fan??

Isn't she or wasn't she the Bayley super fan??

Still is I think. I don't know lads. The interwebs has made so eijits superfans. The lesnar guy has on his twitter bio "still trying to find my place in the business." He's an awful high opinion of himself.

Has anyone worked out who the big tall lad is who sits facing the hard camera at every PPV ?

From the clips I've seen, she was well protected during the spot, no harm done, kid got to do a wrestling spot, something she'll remember forever.

I don't see how this is a story really, I mean Kenny Omega wrestled a 9 year old, and no one seemed to have problems with that.

Random thought for the evening. Would the WWF/E have gone ahead with the whole Hall Of Fame had Andrhe Giant not died, Or would it have happened eventually?

I'd say they would yeah but the hall of fame ceremony isn't what is was in the 90s when it was more low-key. They sell a lot of tickets to it these days.

According to Bret Hart Vince was pegging him for a Babe Ruth "legacy" role by 96/97 so I'd assume Vince wanted to do some sort of historical thing. WWF didn't really bother with that kinda thing during the heyday of 1998-2001 though save for the gimmick battle royal at WM 17 and the odd graphic for departed wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cena has saying his prayers and eating his vitamins...

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1034672581268275200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

From the clips I've seen, she was well protected during the spot, no harm done, kid got to do a wrestling spot, something she'll remember forever.

I don't see how this is a story really, I mean Kenny Omega wrestled a 9 year old, and no one seemed to have problems with that.

Supposedly she is being trained or the guy who booked the spot has convicted of having sex with underage girls which is just insane that he can do anything with kids invovled. Picking that up from twitter so god knows the story there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement