Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Is Jeremy Borash still working with the NXT brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cena has saying his prayers and eating his vitamins...

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1034672581268275200

gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Cena has saying his prayers and eating his vitamins...

Where did his neck go? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Officer999 wrote: »
    Is Jeremy Borash still working with the NXT brand?

Yeah. They brought in some other top production guy from Impact as well a couple of weeks ago.

They were two of the handful of competent people over there that kept the business afloat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Pentecost wrote: »
    I’m picking up bits of this “Izzy was chokeslammed” melodrama on Twitter. I’m not sure what’s worse, chokeslamming an 11 or 12 year old as part of “training”, or the fact that she’s been built up into a “personality” with her own Twitter account and fans etc. Either way and both ways, I blame the parents.
    Christ above I hate these marks and the Indy company and people that feed their ego are even worse.
    This child is being profiled as being a personality by her parents and she only loves the spotlight. For F*ck sake she has merch like. Again, the people who feed that are worse, I've seen grown men get autographs and photos with this child.

I don't know if this should in the promotions thread but It's OTT Superfans that get me the most.
    Dead proud of themselves for queuing for hours to make sure they're top of the line and just coincidentally pull a big shocked face every time a camera is near and something happens. Similar to Izzy, the same guy made the pin count for some FFPW match lately I think, cringe.
    The Twitter carry-on then talking about 'the graps' and tweets like 'Guys, I just really like @Wrestler' (please notice me).
    Saw a guy one day start a thread about why he didn't like Ryan Smile as a person, ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On the other hand, you have the long haired guy who is front row and centre at almost every WWE PPV. He is a superfan but you never see any Brock Lesnar guy or Izzy stuff from him, that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He was second row and on the right hand side of the camera once. Was very confusing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

On the other hand, you have the long haired guy who is front row and centre at almost every WWE PPV. He is a superfan but you never see any Brock Lesnar guy or Izzy stuff from him, that I know of.

Yeah he just stands/sits there looking like the big lad from the Adams family with I'm assuming his mother and for all I know he could be rich and not a superfan. That brock lesnar guy has an awful high opinion of himself. He should come to Ireland and we'd soften his cough as us Irish can do at times. The guy thinks he's something in wrestling. It's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Samurai Cop! I'm thinking he must get comp'd tickets because half of the time he's not watching the match :p

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Samurai Cop! I'm thinking he must get comp'd tickets because half of the time he's not watching the match :p

I think I remember reading somewhere before that his dad works for the fed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    I think I remember reading somewhere before that his dad works for the fed.

I think i read dad is in the ring crew and the kid is autistic but travels to all shows

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The long haired looks fairly jaked and seems to be in the front row for a lot of shows for the last few years

Few stuff on redit saying his dad was super rich after being involved in oil and passed away and left him his fortune and going too wwe shows is him and his mother's way of spending it.

I'd love to see an interview with him. Tbh he's living the life that a lot of fans would kill for

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/51366/Whos-That-Long-Haired-Man-In-The-Front-Row/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

If fans stopped watching WWE 10 years ago and started watching again recently there probably wondering why Orton and Hardy are still feuding to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

If fans stopped watching WWE 10 years ago and started watching again recently there probably wondering why Orton and Hardy are still feuding to this day.

At least they would be blissfully unaware of TNA Victory Road 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cena has been hyping his new finishing move for a weeks and here it is...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnLzxkYnpMZ

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I love cena the big troll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Jay, ye ever have thought about making "Knox 10:15" shirts? The thought only just occurred to me now, and how that wasn't a big opportunity during the ECW arc of OSW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

The best part of ECW December to Dismember was Ariel (Shelly Martinez).

Also, Kevin Thorn's theme song belongs in goth raves.

Jay, ye ever have thought about making "Knox 10:15" shirts? The thought only just occurred to me now, and how that wasn't a big opportunity during the ECW arc of OSW.

Lol, thanks dude! I did inquire about how I could get a "Knox Clox" actually made (with his arms as the hands of the clock) but it was unfeasible :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did a full behind the scenes tour of MSG today and not one sign or mention of Vince Snr or Bruno.

The only wrestling thing was Hogan’s tights and shirt and Pipers boots from WM 1.

I always thought or had been lead to believe Vince Snr and Bruno were a big deal there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did a full behind the scenes tour of MSG today and not one sign or mention of Vince Snr or Bruno.

The only wrestling thing was Hogan’s tights and shirt and Pipers boots from WM 1.

I always thought or had been lead to believe Vince Snr and Bruno were a big deal there.

Well Bruno won his first title in 1963 in MSG III(the one you were in is no IV built in 1968) but both Vince Sr and Bruno were and are big deals in the history of MSG though. You can't write the history of the current building and the one previous when it comes to pro wrestling without them. I find it strange there isn't even one thing to do with them. Isn't Vince Sr in the hall of fame in the building ? I know Vince Jr is.

It's like reading Billionaire Ted's book, WCW was barely a blip to him. But in our world he was this huge tyrant that bested Vince for a few years. Perspective's a hell of a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feck ya Matt hardy

Everytime i hear the words delete I always get the urge (but don't) to say delete delete delete

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭briany

Has Cody Rhodes hit upon what should have been blindingly obvious? That no individual independent promotion in the United States can ever compete with WWE, but there is a hope of competing, or at least attaining a new level of visibility, if they pool together to cross promote big shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's almost as if these national-level wrestling promotions need some sort of alliance...20b.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Feck ya Matt hardy

Everytime i hear the words delete I always get the urge (but don't) to say delete delete delete

I manage to hold it in too but instead say it over in my head and chuckle to myself

A bit like the tour guide in that Fr.Ted episode with Victor Meldrew
    (go to 2:45)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Tyler Bate might want to cop onto himself, when you're in the public spotlight it might be best not to take the piss out of other celebrities. Especially one that's a WWE Hall of Famer.

While I'm at it, it's mad how he's gone from winning the UK Title looking like butter wouldn't melt to looking like a bit of a wanker.

If there's a mod around, would you mind embedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Tyler Bate might want to cop onto himself, when you're in the public spotlight it might be best not to take the piss out of other celebrities. Especially one that's a WWE Hall of Famer.

While I'm at it, it's mad how he's gone from winning the UK Title looking like butter wouldn't melt to looking like a bit of a wanker.

If there's a mod around, would you mind embedding?

I don’t get why you’re so mad about this...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Shock, horror, he posted a meme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Maybe he has a speech impediment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement