Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Shock, horror, he posted a meme.

not a good luck for the WWEs anti bully thing (we know that's a joke that wwe don't take seriously but corporate image is everything) to have a wrestler making fun of speech impediments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Maybe he has a speech impediment.

Hmm, maybe and fair enough if he does. Still, Tyson is fairly fair game for jokes. He’s been convicted of rape like.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So according to Chris Jericho in the video below, Triple H wanted to scrap the Festival Of Friendship angle when he and Kevin Owens split.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think 205 Live is on borrowed time. No great science behind this, just don't think it'll be around by next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They could do with changing things up. The matches are good but they have such a small roster it seems to be the same mix of guys each week. And from later in the month, the Mixed Match Challenge will make 205 later (I think it aired after MMC last year)

Speaking of the MMC I see this on wiki
    The second season will premiere on September 18, 2018 on Facebook Watch. In the second season, teams will compete in a round robin-style tournament throughout the fourteen 30-minute, two match episodes. The finals of season 2 will take place at the TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view event on December 16

So different format this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think 205 Live is on borrowed time. No great science behind this, just don't think it'll be around by next summer.

a cruiserweight only show just doesn't make sense, put the title on raw or smack down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think the division would be better off on NXT since they would get proper time on Takeover shows rather than be on main roster pre-show events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think they should shoot at full sail and put 4 shows in the can on one night each month, because shooting it in front of half empty arenas after Smackdown in front of people who don't know the guys is complete death whereas shooting in front of the full sail crowd would allow that audience to pick its favourites and connect with . But I don't think they should try and roll the entire division into NXT itself. NXT is packed enough as is and by virtue of the fact that NXT is there in part to provide main roster performers, cruiserweights would have to be lower priority then male singles, tags, and women. For me the only place they shined was when they were presented as their own separate universe during the CWC. Best to try and replicate that environment and feel, even if they can't mirror the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

The news that Shawn Michaels has been tempted out of retirement by untold Saudi millions is indeed quite depressing.
    Shawn always seemed steadfast in his retirement vow.
    It's doubly depressing that HBK has decided to make a comeback after he cut his long hair off. And yes, I do know it was greatly receding. But he just won't look like the old Shawn Michaels.

With Shawn coming back for the Saudi show, and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia being a huge 90s wrestling fan, what are the chances we see the good Prince open his cheque book for someone like Stone Cold Steve Austin?

This Saudi/WWE deal could ruin a lot of legacies.

From everything I have read and listened to, it is not as simple as "Shawn has been tempted to come back by the Saudi millions". For a starters, the Saudi government is paying WWE, and WWE is paying the guys. I am sure he is being well compensated, but it's not like he is going to earn 5 million dollars for one match. It's likely a healthy payoff, maybe Wrestlemania level money. But this is someone who has turned down multiple chances to come back for Royal Rumble's, Wrestlemanias and even the last Saudi show. If it was purely financial, he'd have come back a long time ago.

He has alluded in interviews to the idea of getting the itch to perform because of the time he spends at the performance centre. Additionally when he retired, his kids were young - Cameron 9 and Cheyenne 5, he has spoken about the desire to have them see him perform now that they are old enough to appreciate what he does. And it's ok to acknowledge that at 53 with the window of opportunity to put away maybe a 9 figure cheque that will help secure his family's quality of life for another generation or two fast closing, that is probably the most honourable thing to do to go ahead and cash it.

I have more skin in this game than some because I was at Wrestlemania 26 and the idea that I was there to see Shawn Michaels' last ever wrestling match is very cool, I'd rather that not be taken away from me. I have always hoped he'd stay away. However, ultimately I can recognise the reasons he may want to do it from a family and financial perspective. And above all else, it's wrestling. No one ever retires, and no one ever really leaves. Shawn will wrestle again, Punk will be back, etc, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Today fifteen years ago on september 8th, 2003 the opening match on raw was kane vs RVD in a cage match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

sirmanga wrote: »
    he just won't look like the old Shawn Michaels.
    No, but he will look like an old Shawn Michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Today fifteen years ago on september 9th, 2003 the opening match on raw was kane vs RVD in a cage match.

Tomorrow is September 9th.

Today fifteen years ago I was a spotty kid thinking "I wonder what's going to happen in that cage match with Kane and RVD..."

Monokne wrote: »
    If it was purely financial, he'd have come back a long time ago.

Of course it's purely financial. As if Shawn Michaels, Mr. WrestleMania, would choose to make his grand comeback on a glorified house show in the Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sirmanga wrote: »
    Of course it's purely financial. As if Shawn Michaels, Mr. WrestleMania, would choose to make his grand comeback on a glorified house show in the Middle East.

Whats wrong if it is purley financial. He deserves it if he gets a huge payoff from them.

Yes while i think if he ever came back wed prefer it to be at a mania. Hes also said because of him being 53 and not looking like he did hed prefer in a tag match

sky88 wrote: »
    Whats wrong if it is purley financial. He deserves it if he gets a huge payoff from them.

Yes while i think if he ever came back wed prefer it to be at a mania. Hes also said because of him being 53 and not looking like he did hed prefer in a tag match

I didn't say there was anything wrong it being purely financial.
    But let's be real, he never intended on returning. WWE asked him on many occasions for Manias
    as Shawn himself has said.

But now WWE is able to offer him above and beyond what he would make for a Mania payoff with this new Saudi deal.
    That is the reason he is coming back. It isn't just one of the reasons. It's the only reason.

But good luck to him.

Although history will show that he traded in his legacy for a giant payoff. But everyone would have done the same.

This will not be an artistic endeavour. Just a purely financial one.

Well obviously you have seen the exact figures involved. Perhaps if I had the same information, I could talk so definitively. Because of course, without knowing the numbers I'd just be talking directly out of my hoop if I claimed to know exactly what his motivating factor is. ;)

Of course it's for the money, come on. I'm sure Shawn Michaels would rather his kids see him in Rock/Cena-level multi-million dollar movies than risking hurting himself wrestling. And good for him if it's what he wants to do: his family are the only people he owes anything to. We can all make our own decision about whether we like/dislike it and want to watch/not watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My sister and I got talking last night and she could remember old wrestling wallpaper that was in our brothers bedroom. Undertaker, Bret, Kamala and Big Boss Man were on it I think. The background was blue. Anyone know where I could find a picture of it online?

• Advertisement

Monokne wrote: »
    Well obviously you have seen the exact figures involved. Perhaps if I had the same information, I could talk so definitively. Because of course, without knowing the numbers I'd just be talking directly out of my hoop if I claimed to know exactly what his motivating factor is. ;)

Who needs the numbers when the facts are right there?

The fact is Shawn will earn more for this one match, on a Saudi funded show, than WWE were willing to pay him for any of the Mania matches they offered him over the past few years.

If that is incorrect, then please explain why Shawn Michaels would come out of retirement on a glorified house show in Saudi Arabia for less money than he would make for WrestleMania.

Of course I haven't seen the numbers but the evidence speaks for itself.

The only motivation is money.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will Europe get one of these super live events in 2019 that Saudi Arabia and Melbourne are getting this year ???

I'll go over in a heartbeat if it's in London

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How much is Michaels actually getting?

Maybe he will donate it to his church since he is born again.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

With all the talk of Legends doing these Supershows, is there a genuine possibility of Taker and Sting doing match together? To be honest I could see it happening at this stage. HBK and HHH to tag against them would probably be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sting was forced to retire with injury I'm pretty sure that's a totally different case

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

nazmoalex wrote: »
    With all the talk of Legends doing these Supershows, is there a genuine possibility of Taker and Sting doing match together? To be honest I could see it happening at this stage. HBK and HHH to tag against them would probably be the way to go.

Yeah it still tech could cause Sting didn't have the surgery he needed yet and Daniel Bryan had really reopened doors for 'forced retired injured guys'

Edge could come back for a match too if he wanted too

Could we see these overseas big events having part time main events/dream matches ???

I knw it won't happen but imagine finally having the rock vs hbk

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    nazmoalex wrote: »

Yeah it still tech could cause Sting didn't have the surgery he needed yet and Daniel Bryan had really reopened doors for 'forced retired injured guys'

Edge could come back for a match too if he wanted too

Could we see these overseas big events having part time main events/dream matches ???

I knw it won't happen but imagine finally having the rock vs hbk
    No edge couldn't come back. He's said on his podcast(after loads of people asked him about it after DB) and he is medically disqualified by the WWE. They according to him will never allow him wrestle in a WWE ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It seems to me that Daniel Bryan is the only exception in regards to his injury. It doesn't mean that WWE is going to allow anyone with a past injury to wrestle again just because Bryan was cleared. It's still a tricky issue for WWE as they can't be seen allowing injured wrestlers to wrestle for them as they're too much of a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mr. Kennedy should have been a multiple World Champion and should have never went to TNA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mr. Kennedy should have been a multiple World Champion and should have never went to TNA

Always thought Kennedy, MVP and John Morrison were future main eventers. Benjamin, Carlito and Masters to a lesser degree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement