Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Kennedy was until Randy Orton and John Cena got together and made sure he wasn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I know about Randy but Cena? You sure you're not mixing Cena vs Kenny Dyskstra up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I thought Kennedy was going to be a huge star but everything after wwe made me rethink that he was terrible in tna and looking back was never great in ring.

I thought it was a mixture of all the top guys he worked with ken saying he wasnt up to it and injuring cena was the last straw.

Could be wrong in my recollection

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

From what I read Orton bitched about a botch and went to cena to help get him fired , he wasn't likes by triple h either apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They were just jealous since he was Vince's son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Always thought Kennedy, MVP and John Morrison were future main eventers. Benjamin, Carlito and Masters to a lesser degree.

That era is what switched me onto indie wrestling. I never rated any of those as main eventers and couldn’t understand why people were so into them, having grown up with Austin/Rock/Taker etc. I wasn’t ready to give up the addiction so started checking out TNA/ROH/NOAH on The Wrestling Channel to get a proper fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Always thought Kennedy, MVP and John Morrison were future main eventers. Benjamin, Carlito and Masters to a lesser degree.

And only Benjamin is only person that still working in WWE to this day even though he is not doing much since returning.

MVP - Never really cared about WWE, working in Japan was more his dream.

Kennedy - Too many drug and injury problems throughout his WWE run.

Morrison - Doing well for himself in indie scene since leaving WWE and acting career as well. Remember though that everyone thought he was going to be more successful than The Miz when they broke up.

I don't think Carlito and Masters were main event calibre.

leggo wrote: »
    That era is what switched me onto indie wrestling. I never rated any of those as main eventers and couldn’t understand why people were so into them, having grown up with Austin/Rock/Taker etc. I wasn’t ready to give up the addiction so started checking out TNA/ROH/NOAH on The Wrestling Channel to get a proper fix.

I didn't rate any of them as exceptional myself, just thought they were all coming in the same vain as Cena, Orton, Brock, and Batista i.e a few at once. (Actually Shelton came in with that earlier group, ironic I mentioned him). I thought Morrison was the best of them all but his mic presence was lacking. Defo thought he couldv've made it higher. You're right though, the rest found their ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah of the lot I probably like Morrison best too. Always had cool, creative entrances, his ring work has always been exceptional and different and I loved his stuff as...was it Johnny Nitro? Bischoff’s GM assistant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I knew Miz had the higher ceiling in the WWE anyway when they broke up. So many people like Johnny with undoubted talent have come and gone because they were lacking in a key area.

Wouldn't have expected the Miz to still be at the top but it's a funny old business. I'd compare him at the time to Bliss now in a way; no great shakes in the ring but you knew people would pay to see them pummelled/get their comeuppance.

As for Kennedy and Carlito, my 18 year old self thought they were class but when I look back now I can recognise there wasn't much substance there.

• Advertisement

Wasn't Melina the reason Johnny left? I've said it before but I find it funny how he puts his arm out before doing a roll or flip, like you do when you're learning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The double rock bottom to HHH and Shane through the announce table at Backlash 2000 was a thing of beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I know about Randy but Cena? You sure you're not mixing Cena vs Kenny Dyskstra up there?
    It seems Cena also forced WWE to withdraw JTG's merchandise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Was there ever any indication as to why Ken Shamrock appears to have been blacklisted by the WWE?

Ken had a great look, could go in the ring, was pushed to the moon, and had some great feuds. When he left, it's as though he got the Benoit treatment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

When I was a kid, Shamrock scared me, he was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

He had an awesome theme too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Officer999 wrote: »
    He had an awesome theme too

Agreed - That theme was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/katierosenberg/status/1039965439026192384?s=19

I hope Stephanie knows what she is saying and this isn't an undiagnosed lurking illness

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Was there ever any indication as to why Ken Shamrock appears to have been blacklisted by the WWE?

Ken had a great look, could go in the ring, was pushed to the moon, and had some great feuds. When he left, it's as though he got the Benoit treatment.

As far as I can remember Ken spoke out about WWEs lack of care of their “independent contractors” who are definitely not employees.

It was around the time the class action suit was gaining momentum. I don’t think he was involved but he certainly spoke out about unprotected chair headshots and concussions.

So I imagine that got him blacklisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/katierosenberg/status/1039965439026192384?s=19

I hope Stephanie knows what she is saying and this isn't an undiagnosed lurking illness

She responded with this after originally tweeting what Steph had said

https://twitter.com/katierosenberg/status/1040187475770003456

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I don’t think he was involved but he certainly spoke out about unprotected chair headshots and concussions.

JEEZUS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Classic chairshot.

Rocky was apparently a bit nervously over eager at first with things like him battering Mankind at Royal Rumble and not finding him after the match. I'd imagine this falls into that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Classic chairshot.

Rocky was apparently a bit nervously over eager at first with things like him battering Mankind at Royal Rumble and not finding him after the match. I'd imagine this falls into that category.

Classic ? Yeah it was but also how does that not rattle your brain and at best leave you with an almighty headache at best.

Wasn't the issue at the rumble that mankind and rock had agreed to a certain number of chair shots but that foley kept getting up and apparently the rock took this as foley feeding for more chairshots. I mean I wouldn't have found that match as bad to watch now if I hadn't seen beyond the mat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Classic ? Yeah it was but also how does that not rattle your brain and at best leave you with an almighty headache at best.

Wasn't the issue at the rumble that mankind and rock had agreed to a certain number of chair shots but that foley kept getting up and apparently the rock took this as foley feeding for more chairshots. I mean I wouldn't have found that match as bad to watch now if I hadn't seen beyond the mat.
    Yeah, overeager! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How come lex Lugar never appears at wwe In ring legend type events etc ??

I knw he works backstage as a nutritionist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

https://hulkhogan.com/

The NWO 2Sweet tour keeps coming up on my twitter feed. Of all the possible “meet and greet” shows I think this is one I’d truly love to go to.

That said, the tickets prices would utterly whiten your hair. Who pays $1000 for these kind of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

just be warned there's a high liklihood of something going wrong on those Hall/Nash euro tours where shock surprise the fans get screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It was never the same after Nash put his knees on the line to batter some ruffian.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

ShagNastii wrote: »
    https://hulkhogan.com/

The NWO 2Sweet tour keeps coming up on my twitter feed. Of all the possible “meet and greet” shows I think this is one I’d truly love to go to.

That said, the tickets prices would utterly whiten your hair. Who pays $1000 for these kind of things?

Not worth it in my opinion. If they charge that much i'd rather sit at home and watch youtube videos of shoot interviews from Nash and Hall then go see that.

• Advertisement

Just thinking about Hell in a Cell and all those types of matches and was wondering how do they plan big spots like coming off the cage through a table? Just doing it for the first time on the night seems dangerous but practicing it seems twice as stupid. Do they practice with stunt cushions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement