Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What’s Low Ki up to these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just thinking about Hell in a Cell and all those types of matches and was wondering how do they plan big spots like coming off the cage through a table? Just doing it for the first time on the night seems dangerous but practicing it seems twice as stupid. Do they practice with stunt cushions?

Can't answer with any certainty since obviously I don't work there, but in wrestling in general anything dangerous like that is talked about and planned meticulously in theory, but yeah it'd be a one-shot deal on the night. WWE have seemed a lot more willing to do crazy stunts of late again, but they also seem to be working quite hard to ensure their safety so tables are probably gimmicked within an inch of their life, even areas for jumping off the cell seem to be much tighter than they would've been before to reduce any margin for error etc.

Because WWE are so big and publicly-traded, I wouldn't rule out them running through really big stuff like cell jumps with a stuntman beforehand (if not now then in future), simply because they've no room for something to go wrong anymore with the threat of lawsuits and so on. But traditionally it'd all be done on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I can't remember if I read/heard this or imagined it but Shane McMahon might have ordered his own Cell to practice his bump in his own facility. It's a ridiculous drop to try once or even twice and he definitely had a stunt pad to land on so I'd say for sure it was very well planned. There are various ways you could plan it such as testing how fast his bodyweight would fall.

Mick Foley's 1998 Cell bump wouldn't have been tested, although they should have. His No Way Out 2000 bump into the ring was well planned and gimmicked.

Vince's cage bump at Valentine's Day Massacre looked awfully amateur like something you'd see on a deathmatch indie in Indiana.

It's a mixture of carelessness and planning depending on various things. Rollins and Ziggler took a decent fall tonight through tables without a crashpad underneath.

The performance centre has special cushion pits to land in for practicing moves so I wouldn't rule out WWE using such things for stunts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

ShagNastii wrote: »
    https://hulkhogan.com/

The NWO 2Sweet tour keeps coming up on my twitter feed. Of all the possible “meet and greet” shows I think this is one I’d truly love to go to.

That said, the tickets prices would utterly whiten your hair. Who pays $1000 for these kind of things?
    Cheapest ticket at $200, hahahahhahahahah.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still the NWO theme kicks ass

Kyle O Reilly deff got the inspiration for his air guitar taunt from the NWO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Are they going to make falling/jumping off a Hell in a Cell a recurring thing now? Those type of spots are going to lose all meaning if they keep doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Are they going to make falling/jumping off a Hell in a Cell a recurring thing now? Those type of spots are going to lose all meaning if they keep doing it.

They probably will persist with it tbh, makes for a good YouTube clip and that’s how most people watch the product these days.

HIAC matches have already lost their meaning to me anyway, just like ladder, TLC and cage matches have too. The only match that still has a bit of prestige about it is the Royal Rumble and they’re well on their way to fcuking that up too just for a chunk of that Saudi oil money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Riddle101 wrote: »

Wouldn’t be like the ‘E to overdo something that was initially cool until you’re completely fed up of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pentecost wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be like the ‘E to overdo something that was initially cool until you’re completely fed up of it.

Jerry Lawler on Mic in the ring : It's called Fandangoing, c'mon everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Wasn't the criticism on HIAC for years that they had diluted it down by not doing crazy spots? They've found a way to re-incorporate this back in (presumably safer since they've got way more health responsibilities and obligations than in 1998) and people are giving out over that now. It's a real damned if they do, damned if they don't situation huh?

I've really enjoyed the past two HIAC PPVs and the signature matches to be honest. Usos/New Day last year was fantastically creative, KO/Shane was genuinely terrifying to watch in an era we don't get that very often in WWE, Orton/Jeff Hardy dared to be different and was a bit gruesome, again in a way we don't get to see much these days, and Roman/Braun was an old school, crazy schmoz with an unpredictable ending that I didn't see one person anywhere calling earlier in the week. There are legitimate gripes to be had with WWE these days, but for me they've done really well to revitalise this particular gimmick match of late. I'll look forward to the HIAC show next year now because, even with stuff like Jeff/Orton where I had zero expectations going in, they ended up delivering.

• Advertisement

Yeah fair point, personally I was happy enough with the Jeff spot but didn't see a real need for the Rollins/Ziggler bit,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Think Ambrose is hugely improved since he came back from injury.

The mind boggles with regard to Undertaker still wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If the permanent time change in winter happens next year, then all WWE shows will be an hour earlier for us for about half the year from 2020 on. I know it's obvious but was just thinking, like between Oct 28th and Nov 4th this year which gives us Evolution, Raw and Smackdown an hour earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If the permanent time change in winter happens next year, then all WWE shows will be an hour earlier for us for about half the year from 2020 on. I know it's obvious but was just thinking, like between Oct 28th and Nov 4th this year which gives us Evolution, Raw and Smackdown an hour earlier

Don't forget we also get WWE Crown Jewel live from the beautiful city of Riyadh in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia presented His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammad Bin Salman.

Allah’s blessings be upon him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Cheapest ticket at $200, hahahahhahahahah.

It really is mental. For that I’d want a night out drinking with the guys, honorary NWO membership and to receive every guys finishers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

It really is mental. For that I’d want a night out drinking with the guys, honorary NWO membership and to receive every guys finishers.

In regards taking their finishers, that would be a rip off too.

You'd only get the Razor's Edge.

Nash would tear a quad trying to perform the jack knife, and if Hogan attempted the leg drop in this day and age his bones would be pulverized upon impact.

And a go at Brooke Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And a go at Brooke Hogan.

To see if she has pair of balls would be worth it alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

To see if she has pair of balls would be worth it alone

Wait, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Heel Bobby Roode will be awesome

I expect they'll feud him with Ambrose or Rollins initally then feed him to Roman

Always strange seeing TNA matches in WWE. Sienna fought Jade in the Mae Young Classic.

And speaking of Sienna, what's with wrestlers raising their pinky? I've seen others doing it including Noam Dar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Always strange seeing TNA matches in WWE. Sienna fought Jade in the Mae Young Classic.

Surreal seeing AJ & Joe! Got 2005 flashbacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://youtu.be/yLT8Oc00qo4

Clip from HBKs Dublin inside the ropes show last Jan where he explains why he wanted to stay retired

HBK you lying SOB you ruined that nignt for me now lol. Still a great night and hopefully Edges one in a few weeks will be as good

Still be nice to see him back in the ring and see what way he performs

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Surreal seeing AJ & Joe! Got 2005 flashbacks!

It is such a pity their TNA matches have sort of been forgetten in terms of legenadary matches in wrestling history. Their bout at Unbreakable 2005 (With Christoper Daniels), I would class top five all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've just watched sheamus and Becky on his Celtic warrior workout YouTube channel and it's the second time she's been on and she tried to be the new character she is but she broke a few times.

Two thoughts 1. Sheamus is one big unit. And 2. Becky is a machine. I got tired watching her. Never stopped.

Hmm, don't think I could trust someone who said they love burpees. :)

There is something very rewarding with seeing a talent make the slightest of tweaks to their gimmick or character.

Currently lovin’ Sheamus and Cesaro rocking the new football jerseys. Think it really plays into the hooligan vibe they’re going for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm currently re-watching wCw from 1996, Nitros and PPVs and the build up of the nWo was amazing, the slow turn of Nick Patrick was so well handled. The Cruiserweight matches on Nitro were something else, the uncertainly about Sting, the 4 horsemen, everything was booked so well...

Crazy to think the state of the company would end up only 3 years later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement