Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm currently re-watching wCw from 1996, Nitros and PPVs and the build up of the nWo was amazing, the slow turn of Nick Patrick was so well handled. The Cruiserweight matches on Nitro were something else, the uncertainly about Sting, the 4 horsemen, everything was booked so well...

Crazy to think the state of the company would end up only 3 years later.

I still think the build of DDP's character was one of the most natural ever. Going from the arrogant heel in the opening match for the TV title, to losing everything, to building himself up and starting the self high five because he stood alone. He seemed an obvious person to join the NWO due to his cocky nature which made him going against the outsiders all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

x43r0 wrote: »
    Wait, what?

Because she looks quite mannish lol that's all I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Decent doc on PCO one of the more interesting stories in wrestling this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Because she looks quite mannish lol that's all I meant

Ahh ok, thought I'd missed a rumour or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have been reading the weekly NXT comic. 3 issues so far with 1 to go I think. They've been enjoyable. A mix of kayfabe and nonn kayfabe. First issue about the beginning narrated by Dusty. Second issue narrated by Joe and how he feuded with Finn. 3rd issue narrated by Paige, watching Asuka and Ember, scouting them for a new group for her return and how Riott Squad and Absolution were formed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Saw that concussion clip from Raw, Brie Bella is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

twenty years ago today this happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

My oul lad wasn't a fan of the pro wrestling at all.... Remember watching that Raw on the sly but going nuts when Stone Cold hit the ring. Oul lad hoofed me up to bed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With Batista returning for Smackdown 1000 I wonder will he hang around for a small run.

So this has me thinking would he put Roman over and I don't think he would.

I'm rewatching so nineties wcw PPVs just because with the network I can. I'd heard of the Halloween havoc 1998 hogan warrior mess and I'm sure I saw it once but I've now watched it in full in daylight and sweet divine Christ and his mother what the **** was that meant to be ? I mean fair enough stufff goes wrong and there probably isn't a wrestler in the world who hasn't had a botch or something not work. I was going to ask who booked this mess but that's a stupid question.

Also if you've got a chair then use it. You aren't related to him so swing the chair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

With Batista returning for Smackdown 1000 I wonder will he hang around for a small run.

So this has me thinking would he put Roman over and I don't think he would.

He's clever enough to know what doesn't work.... he'd be the heel so I'd say you're right. He wouldn't do it under those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

He's clever enough to know what doesn't work.... he'd be the heel so I'd say you're right. He wouldn't do it under those conditions.

if the raw crew are there than it could set up Batista vs Braun Strowman or Bobby Lashley

If its SD roster could set up Batista vs Daniel Bryan or ??? (would love a Samoa Joe match)

could we get the hollywood pairing of Batista vs Rock

I’d like to see him in the ring with Rusev or Big E.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hasn't Batista said he only wants to come back for a programme with Triple H?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don’t know about ‘only’, but he has said that’s what he wants and seems to have a roadmap in his head for it, which is really awkward because he may actually be the only guy on the planet to want that.

There is video and pictures of this weeks Smackdown showing the arena half empty.

They are getting the lowest TV rating ever no one going to TV events fans sh1tting all over story lines yet the WWE is making more money than ever.

There is video and pictures of this weeks Smackdown showing the arena half empty.

They are getting the lowest TV rating ever no one going to TV events fans sh1tting all over story lines yet the WWE is making more money than ever.

And I'm rewatching 2004 WWE on the WWE network and the draft episode of that year and the arena is jammed packed and the pops aren't even comparable to now.

Sure they have the contract now so they don't need to even bother.

https://twitter.com/wwecritics/status/1045387441761341440?s=21

Jaysus that's a lot of seats blocked off.

I blame having AJ as champion. Needs more Roman.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I blame having AJ as champion. Needs more Roman.

Yeah because more Roman is what is needed. He's not the main problem but he's one of the problems. I still don't get why Vince is just hell bent on Roman. The fans have told them no and wasn't Stephanie saying they are successful because they listen to their fans ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah because more Roman is what is needed. He's not the main problem but he's one of the problems. I still don't get why Vince is just hell bent on Roman. The fans have told them no and wasn't Stephanie saying they are successful because they listen to their fans ?

That picture is from SmackDown. Roman is on Raw. That’s not on him, AJ Styles is the champion on SmackDown.

leggo wrote: »
    That picture is from SmackDown. Roman is on Raw. That’s not on him, AJ Styles is the champion on SmackDown.

I know that. I should have worded it better and made an overall WWE point.

I was just making a joke. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's funnier is when people are doing promos, they're doing it to a bunch of empty seats since they have to face that direction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Smackdown is still seen as the B show and in the casual fans eyes at the very least if something big is going to happen it's going to happen on Raw (Ronda, Brock, Taker etc). Therefore for example a parent is far more likely to buy tickets for their kids to go to a Raw show than a SD one and the same could be said for almost any non hardcore fan who isn't just going to see wrestler X (AJ, Bryan, Nakamura etc). Not to mention that that same parent might now be more likely to spend far less on giving their kid the network as apposed to tickets to a one off show especially when they can get PPVs/old shows as part of that deal. If they are paying for the network each month, they may also feel like they are already spending enough on wrestling and not look to spend more by going to shows.

Meanwhile the WWE overall has over saturated their own product and have imo driven down the interest in it as a result. Who really cares about the matches on Super Showdown? and the current shows are building to that and as a result are far less must see than shows from times gone by, especially far less so in terms of must see live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They can’t be making a lot of money from live events with those crowds. I wonder if they cut back on their touring would it be more of a novelty when they do come to town?

Are tickets cheaper for Raw or Smackdown?
    At the moment, Smackdown now includes some variety with 205 Live before and MMC after.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Are tickets cheaper for Raw or Smackdown?
    At the moment, Smackdown now includes some variety with 205 Live before and MMC after.

I would imagine the amount of people buying tickets who are aware of that beforehand is not as big as you would think and that if the picture shown represents during SD it'd be far less during both of those.

Added to everything I said earlier in Sept in America Football is back, College football is back and Hockey is back in the States too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Love the q&as in Dublin and looking forward to next Sundays one with Edge. It was surreal seeing HBK and Goldberg in person the last ones I was at. Its a chance for some fans like myself to see wrestlers we never got to see in person

I would love to see one with Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker and Sting (in full crow gear) but I imagine 3 out of the 4 would charge a pity penny but Sting did do some shows with the same promoter in the past

Kids growing up nowadays are so lucky they get to see wwe stars so often in Ireland. When I was growing up in the 90s and early 00s wwe never came to Ireland and an Irish wrestler was a pipe dream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

PTH2009 wrote: »

Kids growing up nowadays are so lucky they get to see wwe stars so often in Ireland. When I was growing up in the 90s and early 00s wwe never came to Ireland and an Irish wrestler was a pipe dream

I think 1995 was the last time WWE were where in the 90s and they returned with an outdoor RDS show in 2004 or 05.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement