Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long before The Rock returns and calls out Cena for being a part-timer and more interested in Hollywood than wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't really follow it anymore but what the hell is going on with taker? I thought he'd retired.

That thing in Aus was embarrassing , I was half expecting 'Just Retire' chants to begin booming out across the stadium.

It's just so sad to see.

An extremely ugly late middle aged fat man slog his way around the ring.

It's not dignified imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I don't really follow it anymore but what the hell is going on with taker? I thought he'd retired.

That thing in Aus was embarrassing , I was half expecting 'Just Retire' chants to begin booming out across the stadium.

It's just so sad to see.

An extremely ugly late middle aged fat man slog his way around the ring.

It's not dignified imo.

I really thought Undertaker was going to retire after losing to Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania. There really didn't seem like there was any reason for him to stay. He just didn't seem to be able to go anymore after seeing his performances at Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania that year.

That being said I believe him wrestling at Australia and Saudi Arabia were more to do with Undertaker doing Vince McMahon a favor by making appearances for those shows. He hasn't really done much since his loss to Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania apart from a few appearances. Wrestling wise he's been out of the ring since Wrestlemania 33 and definitely seems to be coming to the end of his career. These recent shows in Australia and Saudi Arabia seem to be his last hurrah. Although there's a rumor about him wrestling Shawn Michael again at Survivor Series so that could be his final match.

It's all just speculation though. I don't know when Undertaker will retire, but I don't think he's got much longer left in the ring.

Just reading the Impact thread and it has me wondering have the WWE ever tired to bring John Morrison back or has he chosen to work on his own terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Watching arrow and seeing cody in it aand you just forgot how cody is one of the wrestlers who you wouldnt think is big but he just so big compared to the actors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Same for me with Edge and Randy Orton, both were "normal" in WWE but in reality they're well built 6 ft 4/5 men, much bigger than real normal

With a Roster now full of talent from all over the World the WWE World Cup is only full of Americans.

So the WWE World Cup is really the WWE version of the World Series Americans only.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Edge is retired 7 years now. Where does the time go?

He's only 44 too so had to give it up at 37-ish. When you see how many guys are around their prime at that age now, it's a real shame from a fan's perspective that we didn't get another 3-4 years of him. He was such a brilliant heel.

Good thing though is that he looks like he's having the perfect retirement, no issues that plague some wrestlers when they have to give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Edge is retired 7 years now. Where does the time go?

He's only 44 too so had to give it up at 37-ish. When you see how many guys are around their prime at that age now, it's a real shame from a fan's perspective that we didn't get another 3-4 years of him. He was such a brilliant heel.

Good thing though is that he looks like he's having the perfect retirement, no issues that plague some wrestlers when they have to give it up.

Well he had surgery after he retired to address the issues with his neck so hopefully he'll continue to be good.

Also a non edge thought. What did melina and Victoria do to be essentially become persona non grata in WWE ? I've been watching some of their matches recently along with molly holly(you'd forget who bloody good she was btw) and it seems daft that they wouldn't be part of this ppv in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Also a non edge thought. What did melina and Victoria do to be essentially become persona non grata in WWE ? I've been watching some of their matches recently along with molly holly(you'd forget who bloody good she was btw) and it seems daft that they wouldn't be part of this ppv in some way.

Wasn't Victoria turned away from backstage some time last year when she went to a show? Thought I remember her posting something about that around the same time Kaitlyn was hanging around backstage at a show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What did melina and Victoria do to be essentially become persona non grata in WWE ?

Maybe something to do with those sex tapes of Victoria leaked a while back? I know that would be hypocritical given that Paige was in the same scenario but maybe it's easier (from a PR perspective) to keep someone out for that as opposed to kicking them out for it

(purely guessing)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

x43r0 wrote: »
    Maybe something to do with those sex tapes of Victoria leaked a while back? I know that would be hypocritical given that Paige was in the same scenario but maybe it's easier (from a PR perspective) to keep someone out for that as opposed to kicking them out for it

(purely guessing)

Kaitlyn had similar leaks though, and apparently she was backstage when Victoria got refused entry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gerrybbadd wrote:
    Kaitlyn had similar leaks though, and apparently she was backstage when Victoria got refused entry

I think Victoria was Cena's "roadwife" at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

gerrybbadd wrote: »

From what I can recall, Kaitlyn's were just nudes pic/vids though whereas the Victoria stuff was full on hardcore videos which was maybe more frowned upon

Although I'm sure the top brass don't evaluate like this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ive been trying to think but honestly cant think of one. has there ever been a great battle royal i mean they always seem to be messes with too many people there. i think its a problem that a rumble sorts out.

but for great battle royals i come up blank. honestly the All in one is fresh in my mind but even that was just ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sky88 wrote: »
    ive been trying to think but honestly cant think of one. has there ever been a great battle royal i mean they always seem to be messes with too many people there. i think its a problem that a rumble sorts out.

but for great battle royals i come up blank. honestly the All in one is fresh in my mind but even that was just ok.

I think there was one at Wrestlmania 2, that stands out to my mind.

Andre the Giant def. Jimbo Covert (Chicago Bears), Pedro Morales, Tony Atlas, Ted Arcidi, Harvey Martin (Dallas Cowboys), Dan Spivey, Hillbilly Jim, King Tonga, Iron Sheik, Ernie Holmes (Pittsburgh Steelers), Big John Studd, B. Brian Blair, Jumpin' Jim Brunzell, Bill Fralic (Atlanta Falcons), Bret "Hit Man" Hart, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Russ Francis (San Francisco 49ers), Bruno Sammartino and William "Refrigerator" Perry (Chicago Bears)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Jimmy Havoc is overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Battle royals are one of my least favourite gimmick matches. If you've 30 guys or girls in a ring at the start then it's just a mass of bodies and nothing happens. It's pointless IMO watching the start of one and better waiting until the herd is thinned out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're one of the most immersion breaking matches too. Guys and girls selling a punch for 5-10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To add balance, Battle Royals aren't there to be five-star classics. They fill out the card, get guys on who may not have a space but fans want to see anyway and are usually great live crowd pleasers (especially as it whittles down) because they can be so unpredictable and random. They're perfect to bring a crowd back up after a five-star classic because the melee lets them take a break to breathe/go for a drink/piss then the end wakes them up again and leaves them primed for whatever is next.

So those saying that they've never seen a classic one are probably right, but to judge them in those terms is to do them a disservice. Not every match should be the main event or a show-stealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're one of the most immersion breaking matches too. Guys and girls selling a punch for 5-10 minutes.

No worse than MITB or any ladder matches where competitors are lying down often clearly waiting just off camera to explode into life when called upon to do their spot.
    The only memorable Battle Royal I can think of is the one that Eddie Guerrero won on Smackdown to become no.1 contender.
    The Andre the Giant ones suck but the womens one at Mania was arguably better than their Rumble as it avoided being a sloppy mess for significant stretches of the match due to it's shorter duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »
    I've been trying to think but honestly cant think of one. Has there ever been a great battle royal?

I was always a mark for the Battle Royal at Albert Hall staged in late 1991. Loved it. Used to watch it nearly every weekend on VHS. Great stuff. The intro was sick.

Starts at 45:00

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

It's crazy to me that Cesaro and Ricochet are with the same company and don't wrestle each other on TV every week. Give me the pencil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Cesaro is a beast and more or less my favourite person to watch in a WWE ring. He's a perfect example of why managers should still be in the business because if he had a good talker and a committed push, he'd be a star.

I actually think that he's one of the prime examples of the roster being hurt by Lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.facebook.com/426095227778007/posts/911076779279847/

Saw an argument on Facebook saying if there was to be a new evolution who would be part of it ??

I'd have
    Triple H
    Bobby Roode
    Adam Cole
    Tomaso Ciampa

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

If this thing in Saudi Arabia goes ahead.......are Triple H and Shawn Michaels actually going to go through with their pre match routine of asking the audience if they’re ready to suck a dick?

I really don’t think that particular audience will be down with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    If this thing in Saudi Arabia goes ahead.......are Triple H and Shawn Michaels actually going to go through with their pre match routine of asking the audience if they’re ready to suck a dick?

I really don’t think that particular audience will be down with that.

Something tells me that meaning of the crotch chop went out with unprotected chairshots, blading and bra & panties matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well they don't actually say it anyway. It's left to the fans to say it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/426095227778007/posts/911076779279847/

Saw an argument on Facebook saying if there was to be a new evolution who would be part of it ??

I'd have
    Triple H
    Bobby Roode
    Adam Cole
    Tomaso Ciampa

I'd go with

HHH - The Mentor
    Drew McIntyre - The A+ player
    Velveteen Dream - The Rookie
    Cesaro - The Enforcer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd go with

HHH - The Mentor
    Drew McIntyre - The A+ player
    Velveteen Dream - The Rookie
    Cesaro - The Enforcer

I think Randy has to be there in some form if they ever went through with it.

I’d swap Drew out for him, and swap Drew back in for Cesaro as the enforcer.

So for me it’d be:

HHH
    Orton
    Dream
    McIntyre

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement