Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Orton as the leader.

Orton
    McIntyre
    Gargano
    Ciampa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Batista - Leader
    Titus O Neil - Enforcer
    Drew McIntrye
    Tommaso Ciampa

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

HHH - Leader but also the past
    Kevin Owens - the present & HHH guy (remember HHH helping him win the world title after Balors injury)
    Pete Dunne - the future
    Samoa Joe - The Enforcer (was HHHs destroyer when introduced to the main roster sttacking Rollins)

Also all NXT guys that HHH could cite as the future and evolution of the industry

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Triple H truly the master of being part of Awesome factions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

He truly is the king of kings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I really hate that Evolution has to premiere before Crown Jewel, because I don't want to give the E any money for them having another PPV in Saudi Arabia, on account of...you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I really hate that Evolution has to premiere before Crown Jewel, because I don't want to give the E any money for them having another PPV in Saudi Arabia, on account of...you know.

If one decided to check out any of Crown Jewel, they could do it via means not affiliated to WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

For a big 4 ppv there had been little to no build to this year's Survivor Series but it will prob rapidly start the raw in Manchester (first one after crown jewel) which is almost 2 weeks too survivor series

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is there really a Big 4 anymore?

It’s more like Wrestlemania and then a dozen other Meh PPV’s with load of new specials now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The big 4 are longer than the others. When the others went to 4 hours SummerSlam was and, I'd guess, Survivor Series will be 5. Though now I think of it, SummerSlam ran shorter than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think it's a big 3 now. Rumble, Mania and Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The big 4 are longer than the others. When the others went to 4 hours SummerSlam was and, I'd guess, Survivor Series will be 5. Though now I think of it, SummerSlam ran shorter than expected.

Yeah I think it’s just 4 (with a potential overlap) for SummerSlam, Survivor Series and Rumble and Mania is the only 5 hour one.

What happened to the Championship scramble match? Seemed like a fun match type that easily built tension. With Roman out, I think one between Braun, Drew, Seth, Dean and Ziggler (to take most of the falls) would've been more fun than Brock/Braun is going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The NWO, their formation and their promos are by some distance the “coolest” thing in wrestling history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ShagNastii wrote: »
    The NWO, their formation and their promos are by some distance the “coolest” thing in wrestling history.

Iconic theme tune too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah I think it’s just 4 (with a potential overlap) for SummerSlam, Survivor Series and Rumble and Mania is the only 5 hour one.

With the pre show, Mania is a frigging endurance competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

It's gas, because when they firmed I had forgotten WCW even existed, I hadn't seen it on tv since about 1992.
    Then one Friday evebing in May 1998, switched on TNT classic movies to see Hulk Hogan dressed in black acting like a baddie...
    It was so cool, pity it went to ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

It's gas, because when they firmed I had forgotten WCW even existed, I hadn't seen it on tv since about 1992.
    Then one Friday evebing in May 1998, switched on TNT classic movies to see Hulk Hogan dressed in black acting like a baddie...
    It was so cool, pity it went to ****.

I'm not a fan of those selfie videos everyone does. Not because of what they are, but because a lot are obviously filmed with proper cameras with the wrestlers just pretending to be holding them

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Random thought..
    Can someone explain to me the thought process behind the Roman/Taker feud a couple of years ago. Roman was/is the guy, they've pushed him as hard anyone ever and they have him destroy Taker in a match a Mania. what were they trying to accomplish? It intensified the hatred towards roman. is that what they wanted? more reaction? How could this get him more over and popular? I never quite understood the booking around that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Random thought..
    Can someone explain to me the thought process behind the Roman/Taker feud a couple of years ago. Roman was/is the guy, they've pushed him as hard anyone ever and they have him destroy Taker in a match a Mania. what were they trying to accomplish? It intensified the hatred towards roman. is that what they wanted? more reaction? How could this get him more over and popular? I never quite understood the booking around that one

Battle for the Yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Great to see Becky so over but Charlotte is the best performer in the WWE and not surprising they want her and Rhonda in the Wrestlemania main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

jrkb wrote: »
    Charlotte is the best performer in the WWE

No.

I like her but cringe every single time she goes for the moonsault to the outside. Never hits it right.

Or moonsault onto a table

Charlotte always over-rotates on it. Evolution was my first time seeing a Shirai match but she nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Other than an iffy moonsault to the outside she's damn good at the rest

She's given a lot more chances tbf and comparisons as the female Roman are fair, but she nails it in the ring for me

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This day ten years ago was the 800th episode of Monday night raw and I watched the first bit of it. The superstars and commentators I've seen either in the ring or on graphics are as follows
    - DoapX VS miz and Morrison and randy orton sitting at ringside.
    -A graphic for a world's title match between little Dave Batista and Y2J in a steel cage match.
    -There's been a tag match between the hardy boys and Brian Kendrix and MVP which the Hardys won.
    – a divas tag match promo
    - the start of a battle royal for the a title shot next week in which santino is one the only one so far that hasn't gotten the jobber entrance.

Sorry the random thought is ten years later there are more people still with the company than I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Why considering that most if not all of the female superstars seem to be really nice people and within reason will stop for pictures and stuff with fans yet Sasha banks comes across as a bit of a diva. And no I'm not talking about the picture in the airport where she looks like she'd sour milk. I'm talking in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

She's her own person. Some people aren't always chipper or comfortable with things others are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement