Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't help that Nakamura got stuck between the Randy/Jeff feud. I honestly can't remember any of his US title matches where the feud was about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Really loving Bryan's heel work, only discovered this morning the gem that is his pre TLC evisceration of Rome and Kelley.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Imagine Ambrose forming his own stable with a called up DIY or Undisputed era

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »

God no, why ruin them by pairing them with Dean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

PTH2009 wrote: »

Would prefer if Ambrose plucked stars not affiliated with each other from NXT if making a stable. Could well see him as a more realistic version of Bray Wyatt where he brainwashed those susceptible to manipulation.

Undisputed should be debuting preying on the likes of Ambrose and Rollins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Someone on another wrestling forum brought this up but they mentioned about what it would be like to see an NWO/Sting type feud today. Who on today's roster could pull that type of a feud off?

My idea would be to have the the Undisputed Era debut with a big impact and have them dominate WWE in similar fashion to NWO. Build them up the entire year and maybe have some new members join them.

While that's all going down, WWE would simultaneously start building a wrestler to oppose them like Sting. My money would be either Demon Finn Balor or Seth Rollins.

Anyway I don't know how WWE would book that storyline but if they were going to rehash that storyline. That's how I would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Nah, they'll just use Cena to fuck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nah, they'll just use Cena to fuck it up.

unless Cena sides with the Undisputed Era

They showed with Daniel Bryan that friendly charity guys can turn heel succesfully

Cena is almost at the end of his career so **** it heel turn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

For this year's Rumble I'd like to see something different. Maybe have two people team up and eliminate everyone before going back and forth for 20 minutes as the final two.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NDWC wrote: »
    For this year's Rumble I'd like to see something different. Maybe have two people team up and eliminate everyone before going back and forth for 20 minutes as the final two.

Not quite as you described it Legacy teamed up in the 2009 Rumble leading to an Orton victory.

I'd like to see an additional number 31 entrant sometime in a 30 man match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »

That'd drive my OCD insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NDWC wrote:

Kane and Big Show nearly did that a few years ago. It was SH!TE but I had fun laughing at how bad it looked as they slowly put people over the top rope draining the life out of the audience.
    Omackeral wrote:

That's like something Russo would suggest to swerve the audience just for the sake of it. Every year people would expect it then or ask why there aren't 32nd or 33rd entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not quite as you described it Legacy teamed up in the 2009 Rumble leading to an Orton victory.

You could also then have a sort of Dusty finish

Rather than having a number 31, you could have two number 16s in an "error", which nobody seems to notice

Would keep WWE in their usual 50/50 booking, for we'll say like the women's rumble where both Becky and Charlotte would be worthy winners

ERG89 wrote: »
    Kane and Big Show nearly did that a few years ago. It was SH!TE but I had fun laughing at how bad it looked as they slowly put people over the top rope draining the life out of the audience.

That was a total train wreck of a Royal Rumble when Roman Reigns ended up winning it. It was like Vince was giving everyone the middle finger by having Kane and Big Show eliminate all the favorites and then having the most hated wrestler win it. It doesn't help the the Rumble took place in Philadelphia either which can be a very hostile town to wrestle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If All Elite Wrestling haopens, what realistically could the roster look like. Roh, impact, lucha wwe and njpw have alot of folk signed up all ready, and doubt with a rumoured tv deal they will allow cross promotion so who is free.

Rhodes, Bucks, Page. Dont know omega deal, scrull is staying with ROH for now at least.

Janela?
    Jericho?
    Joey Ryan?
    David Starr?
    Matt Cross?
    Ibushi?

Gallows and Anderson contract may be expiring soon but reckon they go back to japan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think AEW is going to be really fascinating to watch come together like wwe is signing up so many names and I don't think njpw and roh will want there guys on aew shows it doesn't leave the roster with much outside the core elite group. I think the money is really interesting too Cody,bucks, omega aren't going to take pay cuts you'd imagine. Then Jericho, gallows and Anderson would be all on good money especially Jericho if involved he's the biggest name.

I reckon Del Rio and Aries would be good possible shouts to be added also, Pentagon , Fenix , James Storm ,Neville and Haskins

If they got an hour show, they would probably need a 20 man roster and 8 females

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sirsok wrote:
    I reckon Del Rio and Aries would be good possible shouts to be added also, Pentagon , Fenix , James Storm ,Neville and Haskins

SCU are a good shout but I doubt Del Rio or Storm would add much in 2019.
    Pentagon and Fenix are signed elsewhere until the end of 2019. They apparently want to work with NJPW too. Aries I assume is still with Impact too working a shoot storyline with Johnny Impact. Haskins along with Bandido signed with ROH instead. Neville turned down All In so who knows.
    With MLW, NJPW, ROH & WWE all actively signing talents it's tough to find free agents with signed talents and working arrangements you would need a diagram to describe it all.

Brian Pillman Jr might be a good addition to AEW. I'm hearing a lot of good things about him.

Was Haskins not signed for just a few dates, even still it seems quite a thin selection out there.

Willie Mack also may be a shout. Struggle to think of any big names, im sure there are lots of people unsigned who will be given a chance to shine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bishoff, Russo & HH and his mates Brother.

Bishoff, Russo & HH and his mates Brother.

Ive been dying for a Nasty Boys V Young Bucks match

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Love listening to Tracy Smothers goof on Taker.

The story about the prostitute who wouldn't sleep with him because of his hideous looks was hilarious.

Seems like an absolute creeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Demon Balor would be much cooler without the arts and crafts headgear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I can only imagine it's part of the kit because it's so easy to sell to kids

Lads, I'm after starting a thread in a normal people forum about wrestling. Pray for us.

Who was your favorite wrestler growing up?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Omackeral wrote:
    Lads, I'm after starting a thread in a normal people forum about wrestling. Pray for us.

Yay! I'll bring popcorn! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Normal? Have you seen some posts in that forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Been thinking a lot about Ambrose lately but he absolutely sucks honestly trying to think of him in a good singles one on one in a ppv and it's been a struggle and he's wrestled Rollins and aj a lot on ppvs

• Advertisement

Ambrose vs Owen in the Last Man Standing Match at Royal Rumble 2016 was savage. That's worth checking out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement