Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I can't enjoy a WWE match anymore with the camera doing that zoom in/zoom out thing on every move and shaky cam. So ****ing annoying.

I mentioned this to a friend recently, and he said you'd need a motion sickness bag watching WWE with their camera work.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I mentioned this to a friend recently, and he said you'd need a motion sickness bag watching WWE with their camera work.

If someone is getting beat down in the corner or on the mat with punches I have to look away.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I despise Carmella.

Every single thing about her. The fact she's tried to shorten her name to Mella. She can't wrestle worth a damn. Her face has something really unusual about it, it's off, and I can't put my finger on it. Her stupid leotards.

And... The Dance breaks. Jesus the Dance breaks. I know this floss ****e came from Fortnight (don't get me started on that crap, f*cking dancing in a shooting game - what?). It makes me sick. The combination of her flapping about like a shot goose and Bucky Beaver's epilepsy-inducing camera zooms fill me with an indescribable rage.

Her stupid accent. Her stupid moonwalk that she can't even do. That skip down to the ring. Fu*k off with yerself Carmella

It's legitimately more offensive to me than yer wan pretending to pull out her used tampon.

Might not agree with all you've said here but my jesus I can appreciate the venom. Bookmarked for rant of the year already,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I can't enjoy a WWE match anymore with the camera doing that zoom in/zoom out thing on every move and shaky cam. So ****ing annoying.

Honest to God it would turn you off. Thing is, it's completely pointless. Gets nobody over and serves no purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Might not agree with all you've said here but my jesus I can appreciate the venom. Bookmarked for rant of the year already,

Always knew you were a big fan of the Floss Big Dogg!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »

Hed be better served waiting until december to post it........

Im gonna swoop in with thoughts on Nia Jax towards the end of the year and nail the award! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hed be better served waiting until december to post it........

Im gonna swoop in with thoughts on Nia Jax towards the end of the year and nail the award! :D

As long as those thoughts aren't about nailing Nia....

tenor.gif?itemid=4084933

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sirmanga wrote: »
    What are the chances that Vince cringes every time he sees Finn Balor's rapidly receding hairline during a match, which makes Vince go back and forth about whether to push Balor as the top guy.

The side parting (comb over) hairstyle Balor has works until he starts wrestling and his hair is tussled. I would put money on it that Vince is in the back going "God damn. The little Irish bastard is bald!"

Of course, Hogan was pushed despite having a tragic hairline, but Balor, with all due respect to Mr. Devitt, is not Hulk Hogan.

I think he needs new ring gear as well, badly. Those red trunks are not good. And how many of the top guys these days wear trunks?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Poor old Conrad Thompson seems to have gotten even heavier looking.

The man is suffering from morbid obesity, I really hope he can get his act together and start on a weight loss programme followed by gastric band surgery. I know that many people in the community have reached out to him.

If he doesn't he'll be in the graveyard. Our bodies are not designed to carry such extreme fat. Such a good guy with everything going for him, he needs to do this for himself and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bruce would want to look out for himself too. I thought he looked dangerously unwell in a recent interview.

He's already had two heart attacks.

DDP needs to get hold of these guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think he needs new ring gear as well, badly. Those red trunks are not good. And how many of the top guys these days wear trunks?

I'd say those trunks are a large part of his appeal to certain demographics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Bruce would want to look out for himself too. I thought he looked dangerously unwell in a recent interview.

He's already had two heart attacks.

DDP needs to get hold of these guys.

I doubt Bruce (or Conrad) are going to listen to fans on the Internet when they're probably already ignoring medical advice.

Obesity is just one of those things where the person is going to have to come to the realisation themselves that a change is needed. I mean they know the deal already. I doubt they needing telling that they need to lose weight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is it just me or are the current HHH/Rollins and AJ/Vince storylines extremely similar...?

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the current HHH/Rollins and AJ/Vince storylines extremely similar...?

If Vince is going to focus on the XFL more maybe we get a storyline where HHH tries to usurp Vince. Even Vince knows his limitations in his mid-70's so they each get someone to fight for them. The early seeds being planted now are HHH getting the old Rollins back and Vince doing the same with AJ.

Rollins w/HHH vs Styles w/Vince for control of WWE at Wrestlemania!

Fantasy booking but I think it sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Poor old Conrad Thompson seems to have gotten even heavier looking. The man is suffering from morbid obesity, I really hope he can get his act together. Such a good guy with everything going for him, he needs to do this for himself and his family.

He works like an absolute beast as well, he's probably lazer-focused on his work and just grab & goes. I'm so grateful that i don't live in the States where delicious fatty food is available everywhere and the portion sizes are ridiculous. I'm sure he's aware but it's his own personal decision (speaking as someone currently overhauling his health). Maybe after chatting to DDP he'd consider something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    If Vince is going to focus on the XFL more maybe we get a storyline where HHH tries to usurp Vince. Even Vince knows his limitations in his mid-70's so they each get someone to fight for them. The early seeds being planted now are HHH getting the old Rollins back and Vince doing the same with AJ.

Rollins w/HHH vs Styles w/Vince for control of WWE at Wrestlemania!

Fantasy booking but I think it sounds awesome.

I'd actually love that storyline to play out even with his limitations hed probably still do something insane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It seems a bit weird that Vince would pick a former indy darling who isn't even on his beloved Raw.

As long as Big Show doesn't get used like their last feud, I'm grand. :o

I enjoy Rhea Ripley being an ice cold bitch on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1083472617552707585

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Ouch....though given they're good friends it does take the sting out of it. :pac: Rhea doing stellar work in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're fighting tomorrow on NXT Takeover UK, for anyone interested. 7PM our time. With a Nigel McGuinness documentary airing after.

Wonder how NXT UK is doing on the Network. With double episodes, along with NXT and 205 Live, something must suffer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just on the AEW thread and talk of blackballing people what is the story with Victoria never been back in wwe she just never seems to be mentioned or talked about whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

sky88 wrote: »
    Just on the AEW thread and talk of blackballing people what is the story with Victoria never been back in wwe she just never seems to be mentioned or talked about whatsoever

I always thought it had to do with her movie, like chyna did, but Paige's situation makes me think otherwise.

speaking of victoria, am i right in remembering that her theme song became huge world wide after she had used it, or was it always a big song when she first used it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

dusty bin wrote: »
    speaking of victoria, am i right in remembering that her theme song became huge world wide after she had used it, or was it always a big song when she first used it?

Her original theme song was All the Things She Said by Tatu which were quite popular in the early 2000's and the song itself became a commercial success. I don't know if WWE had anything to do with it becoming popular but I would say it benefited Victoria to have a song that was known in pop culture at the time.

It's kind've like when the Undertaker used Rolling by Limp Bizkit. It was at a time when Limp Bizkit was pretty big and Rolling became a big hit as well. The Undertaker kind've benefited from it a little bit.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Her original theme song was All the Things She Said by Tatu which were quite popular in the early 2000's and the song itself became a commercial success. I don't know if WWE had anything to do with it becoming popular but I would say it benefited Victoria to have a song that was known in pop culture at the time.

It's kind've like when the Undertaker used Rolling by Limp Bizkit. It was at a time when Limp Bizkit was pretty big and Rolling became a big hit as well. The Undertaker kind've benefited from it a little bit.

WWE had nothing to do with its popularity.

WWE did use it before it became populor, but the controversial video was what got it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

beakerjoe wrote: »
    WWE had nothing to do with its popularity.

WWE did use it before it became populor, but the controversial video was what got it over.

I thought she had it before it became popular, but i remember now what you mean about controversial video. It wouldnt be classed as controversial anymore (or am i forgetting xxx rated scenes.)

was rollin a commerical hit before taker used it?

Nicki Minaj did the vocals on one of Victoria's themes before she hit it big.

dusty bin wrote: »
    I thought she had it before it became popular, but i remember now what you mean about controversial video. It wouldnt be classed as controversial anymore (or am i forgetting xxx rated scenes.)

was rollin a commerical hit before taker used it?

To be fair it was Russia, they could have been killed for kissing eachother probably.

But it was two girls trying to make a buck by kissing eachother and making the most of the publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

To answer the question her video(the leaks I'm assuming given you mentioned Paige) had nothing to do with her being a blacklist. I remember someone here saying she tried to go backstage at a TV taping in Chicago and I think she was stopped. I'm not sure as to the real reason but it's clear there is bad blood on WWEs end, which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Those fake press / paparazzi people they use in NXT to interview wrestlers out in public are one of the hokiest things in Wrestling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So looks like we're getting
    Cena vs Lars Sullivan
    at mania

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement