Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair, I think Sasha is doing a great job on Raw in the build-up to the Rousey match. Just goes to show you can heat someone up instantly if they’re talented, sure look at what’s happening with Balor, went from mixed tags with Jinder and facing Corbin non-stop to people being convinced he’s going to beat Brock for the title in one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is Sin Cara still in wwe ???

Now that's a blip on Triple Hs record

He was so cool starting off but ****ed up and the guy under the mask got fired and moved the gimmick on . Are we supposed to think it's still the same guy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

PTH2009 wrote: »

He was so cool starting off but ****ed up and the guy under the mask got fired and moved the gimmick on . Are we supposed to think it's still the same guy ?

He’s in that Lucha group isn’t he? I don’t think anyone gives a feck about him either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pentecost wrote: »
    He’s in that Lucha group isn’t he? I don’t think anyone gives a feck about him either way.

Nah thats Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The original Sin Cara, the guy your refering to that HHH brought in is now wrestling back in Mexico (CMLL) under the moniker Carístico.

The guy now under the Sin Cara mask in the WWE you may remember as Hunico.

Interestingly before Sin Cara came to the WWE he was known as Mistico and when he left CMLL originally another wrestler also took over that role which is probably why he never returned to that name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nah thats Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado.

Oh right sorry, getting my luchadors mixed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Wrong thread. Whoops

Pentecost wrote: »
    Oh right sorry, getting my luchadors mixed up!

WWE should do a luchador championship

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They really shouldn’t. They can’t even get the cruiserweight championship over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No they shouldn't. It'd be better if they would book the championships they currently have better and not adding more championships.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Itssoeasy wrote:
    No they shouldn't. It'd be better if they would book the championships they currently have better and not adding more championships.

Knowing Vince he'd probably put Doink in a mask and have him win the title just to sh1t all over it anyways.

And yeah, WWE can't do tag team wrestling any more (I have no idea why there are two tag belts, both are just pass around props these days). Fix that first before starting ANOTHER division.

Cruiserweight, yeah Lough said it above it's not booked properly.

Mid card titles, wasted.

Universal Champion doesn't show up half the time.

Only titles with an ounce of credibility on the roster are the two Women's and the WWE Title.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think CW is booked fine. Just very few watched it and it just gets the preshow slot for PPVs. One advantage they have is their biggest guy is Buddy Murphy so everyone has a realistic chance of winning.

Sin Cara (original one) vs Rey Mysterio was once a Wrestlemania dream match wanted by many fans which sadly never happened. Suppose it's still possible but Hunico Cara instead

Ultimo Dragon was also a bit of **** up in WWE for some reason after hearing about his huge career in Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

He was doing alright when he was tagging with Kalisto, but I feel they wanted Kalisto to be next Rey Mysterio once they splitted up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:
    Ultimo Dragon was also a bit of **** up in WWE for some reason after hearing about his huge career in Japan

He had a botched surgery in the late 90's which resulted in severe nerve damage in his arm from a basic procedure(removing bone chips in his elbow). He was years out of wrestling after it & was only back a year when WWE signed him.
    Vince apparently thought he was a high flying luchador like Rey Mysterio too which wasn't ever accurate but at 36 it was even less true.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure was it not his debut where he slipped just coming out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

WWE upload a video of Royal Rumble winners, 2004 is omitted and the comments are disabled.

https://youtu.be/4D4XXdaoY-U

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

WWE upload a video of Royal Rumble winners, 2004 is omitted and the comments are disabled.

I remember 2004 alright. It was the the year Big Show eliminated himself in the Royal Rumble. Then WWE lost the World Heavyweight Championship and Randy Orton found it at Summerslam. Triple H and Shawn Michael had the epic main event match at Wrestlemania 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

This is just pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

its never bothered me when they try to ignore benoit tbh i try to do it myself

when im watching old shows i always skip his matches and promos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sky88 wrote:
    when im watching old shows i always skip his matches and promos

I wouldn't skip them but I don't actively seek out his stuff. Never liked him that much prior to what happened anyways tbh. Technically excellent but the personality of a stone. Just not my cup of tea tbh.

Favourite moment involving Benoit was actually Orton taking the title off him as at the time it was a huge shock to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Teddy Long's wedding to Kristal Marshall is the most genuinely funny segment in WWE history.

Vince shouting at JBL for leaving his post and heading off with Ho Train is the highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Now this really is a random wrestling thought, but it occurred to me the other day that it’s almost 30 years since I started watching wrestling for first time (royal rumble time 1989). I thought about it for a little while and how wrestling has pretty much always been a constant in my life since then.. And now, as a 37 year old, I’m almost even more to it now than when I was a kid- read the news every day, the message boards, podcasts and everything on the network.. even when the product has been terrible, I’ve always watched wwe, and probably will forever.. none of my friends are or were ever in to it.. I don’t get on great witn my brother but the Only real thing we have in common is a love of wrestling and we’d always watch it together growing up and still chat about it now. I don’t know, maybe it keeps the child in me alive. Can anyone else related to this? Anyone else been watching this long?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My first memory is that coward Jannetty trying to jumnp through the barbershop window. Traumatising kinda! Also remember watching British Bulldog vs Bret Hart in a split house with my cousins, half for Bret half for Davey Boy. I wanted Bulldog to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I vaguely recall The Patriot winning a battle royal as my first wrestling memory. Think I started watching properly around 1999, stopped when Rocky left. Picked it back up around the time Jericho came back in 2007 and haven't stopped watching since despite constant bitching and living through the SuperCena era.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

My first memory is i think when i was about 4 and bret hart saving someone from papa shango then years later being amazed when i found out that papa shango was indeed The Godfather

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I don't exactly recall my first wrestling memory. I remember that coward Janetty jumping through the Barbershop window to escape from Shawn Michaels.

For some reason, Virgil in a facemask to protect his broken nose sticks with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Watching Nigel McGuiness doc on the network, those headbutts to the ring post really made me shudder, so so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Now this really is a random wrestling thought, but it occurred to me the other day that it’s almost 30 years since I started watching wrestling for first time (royal rumble time 1989). I thought about it for a little while and how wrestling has pretty much always been a constant in my life since then.. And now, as a 37 year old, I’m almost even more to it now than when I was a kid- read the news every day, the message boards, podcasts and everything on the network.. even when the product has been terrible, I’ve always watched wwe, and probably will forever.. none of my friends are or were ever in to it.. I don’t get on great witn my brother but the Only real thing we have in common is a love of wrestling and we’d always watch it together growing up and still chat about it now. I don’t know, maybe it keeps the child in me alive. Can anyone else related to this? Anyone else been watching this long?

I dont remember exactly when i got into wwe. I remember the cartoons on the dj kat show and assumed i remember all the early hulkamania stuff, but cannot be definite. One memory that always stands out was when i found out what i was watching, wasnt live. Jake Snake jocking Rick rude, after rude had taken off his tights to show jakes wife on another pair. a black spot appears on the tv to cover rude's area and i was confused how that could happen.

i took a break from watching it between 96-98, and then from around 08-12, but hooked even worse now. i dont get to talk to anyone about it. its like my secret hobby only the wife and kids know about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

My first memories are all around Jake Roberts and Damien, they scared the daylights out of me as a kid!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement