Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Deadlie wrote: »
    What's the craic with Kurt Angles Facebook page and his #MyComeback thing? Is he returning to be TNA (I don't watch, so I dont know if he's away or not) or is it some healing thing? I only ask because loads of the comments are suggesting a wwe return.

his contract runs out in september and he isn't due back from injury until october hence the rumours that his tna wrestling days are done.

the guy who would be far better taking a job working in developmental instead of killing himself for another 2 years in tna.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I should mention Kurt Angle is a physical train wreck so it's highly unlikely WWE will have him back in case he permanently injures himself/dies on their books. (He's been going full-throttle since WWE fired him in 2006 for the same reasons). Perhaps hired as an NXT trainer but he'd likely ask for too much to justify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I could definitly see Kurt back in WWE he's been mentioned lately by Steph hasn't he

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I miss Daniel Bryan already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't miss CM Punk.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Titus O'Neil is showing a lot on a weekly basis on Superstars these days:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Deadlie wrote: »
    What's the craic with Kurt Angles Facebook page and his #MyComeback thing? Is he returning to be TNA (I don't watch, so I dont know if he's away or not) or is it some healing thing? I only ask because loads of the comments are suggesting a wwe return.

He's advertised for Slammiversary tomorrow but wont be wrestling. He is out injured for another while. Could be his final TNA appearance as I doubt his contract can be afforded again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

William Regal wrote this thing, his advice to pro wrestlers. Didn't know where to put it so...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ndi6om
    To make it in the WWE you have to be very adaptable and willing to make any character or opportunity work.Heres some very good advise.Make a list of the worst possible situations and character traits you could be asked to do.Now make up a character and promos involving those traits and work on perfecting that character and promo(on your own otherwise you'll get locked up).Make those things second nature.Now you've taken away some of your fears so whatever you are asked to do should be easier.Dont skip this task.Very few people who come to the WWE end up being the character they envisioned.

Ambrose has way more potential as a main event babyface then Reigns.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Ambrose has way more potential as a main event babyface then Reigns.

The WWE would be looking for another Cena though, so Reigns fits that bill. Ambrose will move to the top in a different role than the super face bad guy conquering Cena/Reigns type.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    The WWE would be looking for another Cena though, so Reigns fits that bill. Ambrose will move to the top in a different role than the super face bad guy conquering Cena/Reigns type.

This is true. But Ambrose is far more interesting and the sort of promos he cuts, his in ring style and his character. He could easily be a 2014 version of Steve Austin.

Not to take away from Reigns though, he's doing a good job.

This is true. But Ambrose is far more interesting and the sort of promos he cuts, his in ring style and his character. He could easily be a 2014 version of Steve Austin.

Not to take away from Reigns though, he's doing a good job.

Ambrose is infinitely better, no question about it yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lance Storm made an interesting query on twitter. Rollins is the one who broke away from the Shield, so why was Rollins still dressed in his Shield gear on Raw, while Ambrose was dress in plain clothes? Shouldn't it be the other way around, especially since Roman Reigns was dressed in Shield gear too.

I think the whole street clothes getup suits him.

Done right, he could be Steve Austin 2014. It's all so seemless and natural to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What helps Rollins and Ambrose is that they arent expected for the main event yet. I fear a lot of pressure could be on Reigns to be a star there, while Ambrose and Rollins will have less pressure to succeed and may benefit from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I think the whole street clothes getup suits him.

Done right, he could be Steve Austin 2014. It's all so seemless and natural to him.

It should, the vest was pretty much the only difference from his usual appearance as Moxley.

I do like the sound of him becoming Austin 2014 - honestly that kind of charismatic rebel character is the only way I'd see him going if he remains a face.

It should, the vest was pretty much the only difference from his usual appearance as Moxley.

I do like the sound of him becoming Austin 2014 - honestly that kind of charismatic rebel character is the only way I'd see him going if he remains a face.

Agreed..... he has the brash attitude, the mic skills, the look and the in ring capabilites to be a great Austin type face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think the idea of Ambrose as an Austin type character is great. WWE would need to let him run with it though, and be loose with restrictions character wise.

The whole 'lunatic' element to his character is somewhat reminiscent of Austin too. Austin was totally unpredictable and could attack anyone, babyface or heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I would have thought Ambrose would be more akin to Brian Pillman, more so then Steve Austin. The rebel thing was more Punk's shtick, where as Ambrose is more unhinged like Pillman was.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I would have thought Ambrose would be more akin to Brian Pillman, more so then Steve Austin. The rebel thing was more Punk's shtick, where as Ambrose is more unhinged like Pillman was.

You don't think breaking into someones home is unhinged? :pac:

Or any of the other mental stuff Austin did.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I think the idea of Ambrose as an Austin type character is great. WWE would need to let him run with it though, and be loose with restrictions character wise.

True, he has to be given teh chance to be his own character.

I can imagine a situation where Rollins beats up Ambrose. The next show, Rollins is facing Kofi and Ambrose interfers for revenge. When Rollins esapes much to the dismay of Ambrose, Kofi gets to his feet only for an angry Ambrose to batter him in his rage.

Ambrose needs a better finisher IMO. His current one reminds me of a worse verison of Jarrets Stroke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

beakerjoe wrote: »
    True, he has to be given teh chance to be his own character.

I can imagine a situation where Rollins beats up Ambrose. The next show, Rollins is facing Kofi and Ambrose interfers for revenge. When Rollins esapes much to the dismay of Ambrose, Kofi gets to his feet only for an angry Ambrose to batter him in his rage.

Ambrose needs a better finisher IMO. His current one reminds me of a worse verison of Jarrets Stroke

Totally agree about the finisher. Austin's stunner felt like he was lashing out, it was unpredictable, suited his character. Ambrose has a similar character and his finisher seems far too planned and like a dance movement. Doing it too quickly lessens it's impact aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Ambrose's new music sounds like Austin and HHH's Forceable Entry themes mashed together with no vocals.

Been thinking the Shield split may not be a permanent thing. During HHH's weekly Frost/Nixon-esque interview with Cole he mentioned that he approached all the members of the Shield with a view to turning them. If he approached all of them it stands to reason that the first guy could potentially, after refusing, have gone to the other two with a plan to take down the Authority, from the inside as it were. Maybe lead HHH into some kind of loser leaves town/authority type deal versus Reigns at Summerslam and have Rollins make the big turn back.

Just figure that with all the teases they're doing lately from "burying" Bryan to the Rhodes' split that it would fit rather nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

1. WWE have done really well the past two years in building people up. Like there are now easily 10 guys on the roster who could be credible WWE World Heavyweight Champions and about 6 of them have only gotten (or regained) relevancy in the past 2 years. That makes me excited (even if I am extremely fearful of the fact they won't follow through or will fcuk it up)

2. The JBL and Cole show is perhaps one of the greatest things on the internet at the moment. WWE should promote it way more than they do to get non-wrestling fans interested. If they see the characters on the show they might actually have an interest in watching. They should like make a whole season for the Network based around the show. It would be awesome!

3. I actually like the fact Rollins and Ambrose seems to be a slow-building thing. They'll probably be involved in the MITB Briefcase match, Reigns and Rollins will go against each other at Battleground (leading to a HHH vs Reigns match at SS) and then we get Rollins vs Ambrose at SS. Also, loving the subtle break-up of The Shield. Reigns and Ambrose going seperate ways but not feuding. It's actually a change of pace

4. TNA Slammevisary was actually really good! Like, it kinda has me hopeful that they can actually manage to get a decent run of storyline going! Which is weird.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    1. WWE have done really well the past two years in building people up. Like there are now easily 10 guys on the roster who could be credible WWE World Heavyweight Champions and about 6 of them have only gotten (or regained) relevancy in the past 2 years. That makes me excited (even if I am extremely fearful of the fact they won't follow through or will fcuk it up)

Bar Daniel Bryan, who is actually really at a main event level? People thought Wade Barrett was at that level several years ago and he is still only a midcarder. Likewise for the Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Del Rio etc. etc. etc.

For me there are only 3 or 4 credible potential champions, and two have been main eventers for the best part of 10 years. Another is Daniel Bryan and another is Brock Lesnar. Nobody else on the roster is close to being on that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I agree. Bray, Cesaro and the Shield are great "tomorrow's stars" but I've no doubt they would not draw as a champion right now. The future's bright though. Although I thought Sheamo would be fully developed right now 4 years later, and not still a stale, irritating babyface. (I don't mean to damn him as a talent, I think he's a very decent wrestler and competent on the mic despite his horrendous gimmick)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Batista's new DVD was made to make a quick buck for WWE, not a DVD worth buying at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Bar Daniel Bryan, who is actually really at a main event level? People thought Wade Barrett was at that level several years ago and he is still only a midcarder. Likewise for the Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Del Rio etc. etc. etc.

For me there are only 3 or 4 credible potential champions, and two have been main eventers for the best part of 10 years. Another is Daniel Bryan and another is Brock Lesnar. Nobody else on the roster is close to being on that level.
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    I agree. Bray, Cesaro and the Shield are great "tomorrow's stars" but I've no doubt they would not draw as a champion right now. The future's bright though. Although I thought Sheamo would be fully developed right now 4 years later, and not still a stale, irritating babyface. (I don't mean to damn him as a talent, I think he's a very decent wrestler and competent on the mic despite his horrendous gimmick)
    Sorry, if Daniel Bryan was "main event" material under Vince than you are clearly mistaken. I respect both of you guys as posters on here (gnfnrhead and myself may not always see eye-to-eye but I actually think your posts are at least insightful) but I cannot agree with you at all on that. I think Bray and all 3 members of The Shield have been built well enough to be champions at the moment. And while I want to see Cesaro and BNB get at least until Survivor Series without the title (due to the way they are booked ATM), them holding the title would still be OK in my book, as well as being extremely credible champions.

Again, the 6 I have mentioned there along with Bryan (who only became big since WM 29) Cena, Sheamus and Orton could actually easily all be credible champions. And even though we may not necessarily agree on the amount (and only because ye think they are "future stars" but how many times have we said that in the past 5 years). I genuinely believe everyone in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship ladder match could easily hold that title credibly (as long as they are not just a stop-gap for Bryan-as much as I love him and want him to be champion I don't think he should get a shot again until Survivor Series) which is actually pretty damn impressive for the WWE considering how bad things were three years ago.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Sorry, if Daniel Bryan was "main event" material under Vince than you are clearly mistaken. I respect both of you guys as posters on here (gnfnrhead and myself may not always see eye-to-eye but I actually think your posts are at least insightful) but I cannot agree with you at all on that. I think Bray and all 3 members of The Shield have been built well enough to be champions at the moment. And while I want to see Cesaro and BNB get at least until Survivor Series without the title (due to the way they are booked ATM), them holding the title would still be OK in my book, as well as being extremely credible champions.

Again, the 6 I have mentioned there along with Bryan (who only became big since WM 29) Cena, Sheamus and Orton could actually easily all be credible champions. And even though we may not necessarily agree on the amount (and only because ye think they are "future stars" but how many times have we said that in the past 5 years). I genuinely believe everyone in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship ladder match could easily hold that title credibly (as long as they are not just a stop-gap for Bryan-as much as I love him and want him to be champion I don't think he should get a shot again until Survivor Series) which is actually pretty damn impressive for the WWE considering how bad things were three years ago.

Who is going to sell more PPV's? Brock Lesnar or Bray Wyatt? Who is going to sell more merchandise? Daniel Bryan or Cesaro? That is what is important in WWE. Everybody knows William Regal is/was a great wrestler, but he was never going to the top guy because he didn't tick all the boxes. Right now, the likes of Cesaro or Roman Reigns don't tick all those boxes. In a few years? Absolutly. But not now.

With only one title now, the champion has to carry the company. There are only four people on the current roster who can do that and one is a part timer.

In a mostly unrelated note, a lot of people seem to have turned on Bryan by wanting him to do something other than chase the title when he returns. I asked if that would happen back in January or so and was told it would never happen. I'm not saying everybody has turned on him, but there are clearly a lot more negative voices about him now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement