Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

AJ styles has wrestled jericho, Nakamura and shane at mania so far and honestly i think the shane match was by far his best match and actually the best match on mania 33 sometimes wrestling really doesnt make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I loved Aj Styles, i think he is awesome but what ever happened in his matches with joe, owens and nakamura. They should of tore the place down. His best matches were with Cena imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sirsok wrote: »
    I loved Aj Styles, i think he is awesome but what ever happened in his matches with joe, owens and nakamura. They should of tore the place down. His best matches were with Cena imo.

I think his match with Nakamura at Mania was the biggest disappointment of all, given the match they put on together at WrestleKingdom.

I'd love to see AJ go up against the likes of Alaistair Black, Ciampa or Johnny Gargano.

BTW - Fcuk WWE for choosing a name that is impossible to spell - what was wrong with good aul Tommy End?:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sirsok wrote:

To be fair Joe is living off a reputation from a decade ago. It confuses me that people think of him as a great worker.
    Owens I don't know why it didn't click and why they tried that match so often. Nakamura....ultimately he's not that bothered, which is why he is in WWE. His bank balance is much healthier & there is less expected of him despite a busy schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I keep having to google to be sure I'm spelling his name right. Aleister Black.

Aiden's voice sounded very out of place on the 205 commentary team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

My first memory of pro wrestling was in my friends house and seeing demolition coming out of the entrance way. It had to be between 1989 and 1992 but I don't know for definite when it was. It wasn't the crush version either as there was only ax and smash or masked superstar and former Russian Barry Darsow aka repo man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

My first one was more of a myth, was playing Smackdown Here Comes The Pain in a friends going mad playing HIAC and Elimination Chamber matches when I was told it was based on reality and me being a paranoid 8/9 year old who didnt want to be made a fool of didnt believe him

Queue a few weeks later and im flicking through the sky channels and come across wwe smackdown, and what was on was Big Shows return in 2004 where he returned and destroyed 10/15 people in the ring, and as a kid who thought it was real it was the best thing i ever saw

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There's 2 ppvs before mania

Elimination chamber on the 17th Feb and Fastlane on the 10th Mar

If Brock was too lose to Balor he could easily have a rematch at one of these and win it back for Mania. I'd expect whatever brand doesn't win the rumble there will be an EC match to determine the mania challenger for the title

Elimination Chamber is too close to Royal Rumble. Especially considering they have to try and build 6 tag teams for the women. We have Sasha and Bayley, Mandy/Sonya, Riott Squad and IIconics so 2 more to build. I'm assuming they'll go with those anyway.
    Any guesses to the other 2? I'm dreading the possibility the first women's tag champions will be the Bellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    Any guesses to the other 2? I'm dreading the possibility the first women's tag champions will be the Bellas.

Tamina & Nia for sure will be 1. Maybe Carmella & Naomi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

Hopefully we could have two Irish champions in WWE soon enough.

Nia and Tamina would want to be starting otherwise be a tight fit in the pod.

And 3 Irish champs with Becky, Finn and Sheamus if he keeps his

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Elimination Chamber is too close to Royal Rumble. Especially considering they have to try and build 6 tag teams for the women. We have Sasha and Bayley, Mandy/Sonya, Riott Squad and IIconics so 2 more to build. I'm assuming they'll go with those anyway.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzEZ8saCHAzfSyjDRocpL9wO9O7TFl_h06R_n5OuYG8ETfNFSe

Would be great if Kairi Sane and Io Shirai were added. They were phenomenal together on NXT TV this week. Commentary even name dropped their country women and former WWE Women's Tag Team Champions the Jumping Bomb Angels. Great chemistry together and the gimmick of Sea & Sky is already there

Nia and Tamina would want to be starting otherwise be a tight fit in the pod.

And 3 Irish champs with Becky, Finn and Sheamus if he keeps his

jesus it'd be a worse female version of the powers of pain. And warlord and barbarian weren't the best but not the worst either.

Omackeral wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzEZ8saCHAzfSyjDRocpL9wO9O7TFl_h06R_n5OuYG8ETfNFSe

Would be great if Kairi Sane and Io Shirai were added. They were phenomenal together on NXT TV this week. Commentary even name dropped their country women and former WWE Women's Tag Team Champions the Jumping Bomb Angels. Great chemistry together and the gimmick of Sea & Sky is already there

Was part of my reason for asking. But I would say it would only happen if they get called up soon after, if not before. From the look of it, they're going to be feuding with Duke and Shafir

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Was part of my reason for asking. But I would say it would only happen if they get called up soon after, if not before. From the look of it, they're going to be feuding with Duke and Shafir

They're far too good for that. Then again, they're far too good to be involved with Nia Jax and Tamina...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Io and Kairi should definitely be in, even if it's for one match and then back to NXT. Sasha, Bayley, Ruby, you can rely on them. The rest? I dunno. The IIconics are very poor, in my opinion. Nia and Tamina, less said the better. Sonya and Mandy are okay.

Plus I want to see Kairi do an elbow drop off a pod.

Omackeral wrote: »
    They're far too good for that. Then again, they're far too good to be involved with Nia Jax and Tamina...

I think since it is NXT which is developmental the feud may actually be good for Duke and Shafir. Might teach them a lot. Also get Io over a bit more as it's clearly all about Kairi. Others like me aren't really familiar with Io.
    That and how can we not like Kairi? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

My first memory of Wrestling was just before WM 8, and watching weekly in my cousins house. Sid Justice absolutely dispising Hulk Hogan for basically being Hogan at the ‘92 Rumble. Although my 7 year old brain could not compute this, and of course I was rooting for Hogan to kick his ass!!!

I also used to think Paul Bearer was ‘The Undertaker’ and Mark was just his bodyguard or something......simply because it was the fat man who did most of the taking in stuff like the funeral parlour! Wasn’t until a few years later when I found out the truth!!

I didn’t get properly into wrestling until around the time of the Montreal Screwjob.

I know I'm going to look stupid by asking, but was looking through the Axxess pictures and was wondering who this is
    https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery_img_l/public/all/2019/01/035_AXXESS_01252019jg_1578--4808d7712c0c96191cb21ee67bb2ff71.jpg

I know her but right now I'm blanking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I hope Lacey Evans is successful on main roster been a fan of her since she appeared on first MYC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I know I'm going to look stupid by asking, but was looking through the Axxess pictures and was wondering who this is
    https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery_img_l/public/all/2019/01/035_AXXESS_01252019jg_1578--4808d7712c0c96191cb21ee67bb2ff71.jpg

Chelsea Green / Laurel Van Ness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Chelsea Green maybe?

Yes sorry didn’t see the earlier confirmation

Ah, I knew I recognised her. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

In a post pyro world Finn Balors entrance is one of the better ones with how they use the lights

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure where else to post this but this clip shocked me a bit.

https://streamja.com/OmGO

Apparently, the subsequent show the clip is from offered no further context, but its clear as day Brock hated his match with Roman at New Orleans Mania based on it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not sure where else to post this but this clip shocked me a bit.

https://streamja.com/OmGO

Apparently, the subsequent show the clip is from offered no further context, but its clear as day Brock hated his match with Roman at New Orleans Mania based on it.....

Yea, it was mad to see alright. havent watched the rest of the show. Was that Road Dogg calling Brock an @sshole?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yea, it was mad to see alright. havent watched the rest of the show. Was that Road Dogg calling Brock an @sshole?

Nah that sounded like Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah was Vince alright. Awful match. Lesnar obviously not happy with creative.

I wonder whos idea it is in Lesnar matches for him to open people up with those elbows.

• Advertisement

I mean the clip is shown at the start and I taught that during the actual documentary there will be more context and a longer clip but no they just played the same clip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement