Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean the clip is shown at the start and I taught that during the actual documentary there will be more context and a longer clip but no they just played the same clip.

They also cut out the "this is boring" chants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I'd say Heyman / Lesnar begged Vince not to go ahead with Roman challenging for the title at Mania cos they knew the crowd would shít on it. And when they went full steam ahead with it, Brock was rightly pissed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

Liked everything except the Mens Royal Rumble. Thought it was woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 38,234 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder would Brock of had the balls too **** the belt at Triple h if he was there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't think Brock has much to fear from HHH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wonder would Brock of had the balls too **** the belt at Triple h if he was there ?

What would Triple H have done, not like he could actually beat Brock up tbh

Wish they would have having Drew McIntyre, Cena, triple H, Randy Ortoninterfere and let Balor win the title. Would of having the championship back on Raw where it belongs and set up a nice feud for Brock for Wrestlemania.

Anyone any idea when Brock is ****ing off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I get the impression that as long as Vince is around Brock will be around too. There's a weird obsession there and paranoia that no one else can fill his void.

I get the impression that as long as Vince is around Brock will be around too. There's a weird obsession there and paranoia that no one else can fill his void.

I'd say Vince would love to start distributing Roids again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

turdball wrote: »
    I'd say Vince would love to start distributing Roids again.

Lesnar as a part timer ain't tested anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its simply ratings and PPV buys/Network buys. Every time Brock appears the ratings go up, big league. As it does when he pops up in the UFC. Which is why Dana is mad to have him back even though he pissed hotter than Mount Vesuvius last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,522 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brock and Paul E have Road Warriors haircuts going on.

wlpaulheymanbrock.jpg?quality=100&w=650

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd like to see Becky get a new theme. Current one is fine but it's a bit stale to me now, especially with the whole 'The Man' gimmick. Maybe use the current tune but add some lyrics to it, or perhaps Vince could dip into his pockets and get 'When The Man Comes Around' by Johnny Cash. I think only Taker is able to get a Johnny Cash song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'd like to see Becky get a new theme. Current one is fine but it's a bit stale to me now, especially with the whole 'The Man' gimmick. Maybe use the current tune but add some lyrics to it, or perhaps Vince could dip into his pockets and get 'When The Man Comes Around' by Johnny Cash. I think only Taker is able to get a Johnny Cash song though.

I don't know, I think her current theme is great as it has that 'big pop' potential to get the crowd going with the loud intro and high energy

Given how well she's doing now though you wouldn't change it since it has that recognition value with crowds. I know the opposite of this occurred when punk started using cult of personality during his peak but I don't think Becky is at the same level where her momentum could survive such a big change at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Dean Ambrose Vs Seth Rollins on Raw should have had Rollins' Wrestlemania title match on the line. I feel it would have added to the drama of their match. Instead it just felt like a throwaway match.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nita Strauss said she wants to make new theme music for her. I wouldn't do it until after Mania though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote:
    Nita Strauss said she wants to make new theme music for her. I wouldn't do it until after Mania though.

Raw after Mania when she has the title will be grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,789 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Becky's Current theme. I like it actually.

I taught Nita said she'd love to do a theme for becky if asked. I suppose we wouldn't know if she has or not until it changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,789 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've been listening to HHH's theme on youtube a bit lately. I've no idea why but I really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Got the network for Mania season. I’m looking at WCW Saturday night.

It is facsinating to see “Stunning” Steve Austin. He really oozed potential and skill. It often scoffed at that WCW were stupid not to see the star power in Austin, Foley and HHH but it is so true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Changing Becky's theme now just as she has hit it big would be a bad idea. The start is basically the equivalent of breaking glass, "If you smell" and even "Burn it down" with regards getting the fans to react.
    There are too many themes I wouldn't recognise or too similar to each other. Like I hear Ambrose's start and my first thought is always Sanity (remember them?)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Changing Batista's theme by adding lyrics didn't hurt him one bit and he was a far bigger numbers mover than Becky. Her theme is fine for an NXT wrestler or a mid-card act but if she's to be taken seriously as a top act she needs a standout tune, or at least an update with some lyrics added in.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Would agree, changing it now makes little sense. Post mania for sure. Whatta Man by Salt n Pepper be decent... well for a tribute video at least! Haha!
    https://youtu.be/8-WFNbMohTQ

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Don't know the exact moment that it happened but Corey Graves is absolutely unbearable on commentary the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,234 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

After seeing the rumble again and Rhea Ripley it occurred to me when will we see the first Transgender wrestler in WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

ERG89 wrote: »
    Don't know the exact moment that it happened but Corey Graves is absolutely unbearable on commentary the last few months.

I think we became too self aware. He’s almost try hard the amount of smarky comments he makes.

Gas how commentators can have good periods and bad periods. Remember when JBL first started on Smackdown he was legit one of the best commentators ever. Then he turned into “miggggall miiggggall miggggaaal!!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

They don’t do many theme song changes anymore. I can’t claim to know why, though maybe speculating it’s to do with the Network and having to dub over so much footage with licensed music. Plus, since the Cena era, they’ve learned that they’re better committing to one strong image (even if it can grow stale at times) with talent than constantly repackaging as they would’ve before. Back when they would’ve used licensed music before, WWE was very ADHD, characters would constantly flop between heel and face and so on. It made it exciting week to week but then they had big, costly mistakes like trying to turn Austin heel at his absolute peak and having the arse fall out of the Attitude Era shortly thereafter. So now you’ve this with strong, well-marketed characters that were often refined at NXT level who stay relatively the same over a long stretch of time, but there’s more product and the week to week can feel stale as a result. For a company WWE’s size with their domination of the market, it’s probably the right call, but it can grate and feel so samey at times too.

To be fair, I like Becky’s theme a lot though. Really, instantly recognisable and catchy and you get situations like Monday where the entire crowd start singing along.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

After seeing the rumble again and Rhea Ripley it occurred to me when will we see the first Transgender wrestler in WWE

What in the actual fuck are you on about. What goes through your head when you're bashing that keyboard sometimes? Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

fee1ba669e7077eb61f2863337649d12.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

You meant inter gender world championship right.....

Right......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement