Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well brock doesn't remember the finish of that match so it was close enough to being bad. The documentary(which isn't on the network for some reason) gas footage backstage and brock is out of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Random thought popped into my head this morning... just how stupid was it for WWE to put Asuka over Becky clean at the Rumble and then not build on it for Asuka.

Asuka has been non existent on Smackdown the past few weeks, they're not even trying to build her program for Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Loughc wrote: »
    Random thought popped into my head this morning... just how stupid was it for WWE to put Asuka over Becky clean at the Rumble and then not build on it for Asuka.

Asuka has been non existent on Smackdown the past few weeks, they're not even trying to build her program for Mania.

its classic wwe they always do it like AJ losing to jericho at mania but then wins number 1 contender the next night alwys sticks in my mind.

its like bring them down to build them up

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

One women's singles title is enough and one women's tag title.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    One women's singles title is enough and one women's tag title.

Agreed, the Women's roster isnt as stacked as the men's to have two titles and they can't seem to book more than one interesting Women's storyline at anyone time, the whole Ronda/Becky/Flair thing is dominating the women's storylines.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think the ending was more about setting up how Becky would return later that night than anything.

First to give the impression Becky was done for the night, create some doubt at least since msny expected her to enter the Rumble. A scewy end or sneaky pin etc would have made Becky's later entry 100% in people's mind.

It also added to the story ad she was so hurt she couldn't survive the bout but still turned up to win the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Says it all that Charlotte was on Smackdown announcing that she'll be on next week's Raw to be crowned the Raw women's champion while Asuka is nowhere to be seen.

Makes Asuka, the title and the rest of the Smackdown women look like rubbish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think there's place for two women's world titles tbh, but the thing that WWE cannot seem to do is divide talent equally.

So right now they've lumped Becky and Charlotte into the RAW title main event, with no tradeoff.

Meanwhile - Sasha and Bailey are on RAW as well running around with the tag titles that ties them up when one or both could be switched to make a decent match up for Mania against Asuka.

If they had a bit of sense and divided their talent more equally then there wouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Asuka has only been on tv once since the Rumble and that was to lose to Mandy?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Asuka has only been on tv once since the Rumble and that was to lose to Mandy?

Yep. Good old wwe. They haven’t a clue what to do with her!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Maybe a women's equivalent of the Intercontinental Title is what's needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Maybe a women's equivalent of the Intercontinental Title is what's needed.

The men's IC championship is barely even relevant why would you have a women's one too. :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ERG89 wrote: »
    The men's IC championship is barely even relevant why would you have a women's one too. :confused:

Sorry, was posting from my phone and didn't explain myself. I meant having a second women's belt, such as the IC, instead of having 2 "World champions". They'd still have a second prize to fight for, but with less pressure on the writers to come up with 2 top-of-the-card storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I'm guessing this has been pitched or mentioned before but I had a fairly random thought today.
    Sheamus has had his share of injuries that last couple of years, there was even talk of him calling it a day at one point. Dunno how long the bar have left in them but if they were to split...
    I'd love to see Sheamus do a Celtic Worrier run. Where he just goes around concerned about everything, constantly worrying about things. Make him superstitious too. Think it would be gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

nazmoalex wrote: »
    I'm guessing this has been pitched or mentioned before but I had a fairly random thought today.
    Sheamus has had his share of injuries that last couple of years, there was even talk of him calling it a day at one point. Dunno how long the bar have left in them but if they were to split...
    I'd love to see Sheamus do a Celtic Worrier run. Where he just goes around concerned about everything, constantly worrying about things. Make him superstitious too. Think it would be gas.

He has spinal stenosis which is same thing edge had to retire of so I’m guessing he hasn’t long left and is probably happier in tags to prolong his career

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

sky88 wrote: »
    He has spinal stenosis which is same thing edge had to retire of so I’m guessing he hasn’t long left and is probably happier in tags to prolong his career

I knew it was serious, just couldn't remember what it was. Makes sense to keep them together too then. Still fun idea I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

After what happened on raw between Batista and HHH, I’ve been watching a few evolution segments from back in the day.. I loved this faction and one thing that struck me was how great flair was with them. He was so entertaining on the mic And did such a great job getting Orton, Batista and even hunter over more.... another thing was how good Orton was as the ultra cocky snivelling heel.. it’s night and day with him now. He actually has some real charasima and was pretty decent on the mic too

TimesArrow wrote:
    After what happened on raw between Batista and HHH, I’ve been watching a few evolution segments from back in the day.. I loved this faction and one thing that struck me was how great flair was with them. He was so entertaining on the mic And did such a great job getting Orton, Batista and even hunter over more.... another thing was how good Orton was as the ultra cocky snivelling heel.. it’s night and day with him now. He actually has some real charasima and was pretty decent on the mic too

Randy Ortons transformation from Legend Killer to literally a walking talking meme is one of the single biggest disappointments in WWE history.

Yes he accomplished a lot but he could have been so much more I think.

Easy to say with hindsight but giving Orton the win over Taker at Mania with his Legend Killer gimmick would have sent him into the stratosphere as a heel.

Out of all of Takers opponents that's the guy I keep looking back and saying to myself: 'It should have been him.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

But if he could’ve been so much better then why should he have got that on top of everything else he did get? Not having a go, just your post seems to contradict itself. I doubt his work ethic would massively improve today if he’d have been booked to win a match 14 years ago, work ethic is something that’s fairly ingrained into your personality.

leggo wrote:
    But if he could’ve been so much better then why should he have got that on top of everything else he did get? Not having a go, just your post seems to contradict itself. I doubt his work ethic would massively improve today if he’d have been booked to win a match 14 years ago, work ethic is something that’s fairly ingrained into your personality.

Probably not tbh! I just think out of all the guys Taker faced he's the guy who should have got the rub.

Flipside is you don't get a load of classics based around the streak I guess.

Orton was horribly mismanaged as an up and comer, his first reign as youngest world champion was essentially to give an FU to Lesnar and then he had the title taken back off him the very next month.

His face run didn't really give anything else at that time.

I guess I just wonder if it could have been different if that first year or so he really broke out was better handled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Blandy Orton. Been the same character for 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Necro wrote: »
    Probably not tbh! I just think out of all the guys Taker faced he's the guy who should have got the rub.

Flipside is you don't get a load of classics based around the streak I guess.

Orton was horribly mismanaged as an up and comer, his first reign as youngest world champion was essentially to give an FU to Lesnar and then he had the title taken back off him the very next month.

His face run didn't really give anything else at that time.

I guess I just wonder if it could have been different if that first year or so he really broke out was better handled.

Fair point. I just think we should hold wrestlers more accountable for how their careers went instead of blaming creative. Orton is someone who, time and time again to this day despite little to no actual demand, gets big opportunities. Yet he never really leaves people wanting more or missing him when he’s not there. At some stage that’s gotta be on him. I don’t think anyone thinks he’s ‘bad’ at what he does, and tbh I’d say it’s ridiculous personally if someone did, but he’s not consistently compelling either in the way that, say, Kevin Owens or Daniel Bryan are regardless of what they’re given.

I was watching Fastlane 2016 which was on the WWE network live channel earlier and I'm sure lilian Garcia is a nice person but how she said "Championship" is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Speaking of annoying, I don't know why but it was kind of annoying me when others outside Usos and Roman use "Oose". Like think Renee used it on Monday. Just sounded like someone using the term to try and fit in.

Apparently Ronda is legitimately pissed over what Becky has been saying on twitter. If that's true then it shows while Ronda has the in ring part of pro wrestling sorted, she has no clue about the other side of it if she's annoyed over what Becky is saying on twitter. I mean it's a work ffs. If every wrestler took what was said in a promo(or in recent times twitter) literally then there would be no friends in wrestling. She needs to grow up a bit and learn how pro wrestling works.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of annoying, I don't know why but it was kind of annoying me when others outside Usos and Roman use "Oose". Like think Renee used it on Monday. Just sounded like someone using the term to try and fit in.
    "Tell 'em Tri."
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Apparently Ronda is legitimately pissed over what Becky has been saying on twitter. If that's true then it shows while Ronda has the in ring part of pro wrestling sorted, she has no clue about the other side of it if she's annoyed over what Becky is saying on twitter. I mean it's a work ffs. If every wrestler took what was said in a promo(or in recent times twitter) literally then there would be no friends in wrestling. She needs to grow up a bit and learn how pro wrestling works.

Wouldn't believe that for a second. She's notoriously thin-skinned but she must know that this is all just acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Heavy Machinery are a mixture of The Bushwhackers and The Natural Disasters.

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Tell 'em Tri."

Wouldn't believe that for a second. She's notoriously thin-skinned but she must know that this is all just acting.

You'd hope she does. I mean it was a few weeks ago the crowd started chanting something and she was shaken by that visibly. But I wouldn't be a sure as you to not believe it for a second. Ronda for all her pluses she as you say is notoriously thin skinned. And WWE are reportedly less than happy over Ronda going blue on some of her tweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

id believe what i see, before i believe what i hear..think only two weeks ago their was whole threads on ronda/ambrose leaving.yet WWE has stated both arent..theirs a new post in WWE rumours on how WWE write ,well worth a look as it might stop all the rumours as you will see how and how not its scripted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

A lot being made of The Rock buying his father a house. Just like he bought his mother a house at Christmas.
    Why is The Rock bragging about it on Instagram? He also bragged about it when he bought his mother's house, sharing a video of her opening a box or some rubbish. All the usual "news sites" picked it up (news sites that report tweets and Twitter reactions, great journalism).
    Things were said like "This video of The Rock buying his mom a house is the sweetest thing you'll see all day" and "You'll love The Rock even more after seeing this video" blah blah blah.

Firstly, as I said, why is Dwayne bragging about it? He's loaded. Who cares that he's buying a house each for his parents.
    Secondly, what's taken him so long? He's been a multi-millionaire for years. Do the cheques from Fast and the Furious take this long to clear?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement