Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »
    literally the worst moment of commentary ever known to wrestling

An even worse one he says is ''no slapping of the thighs here'' when commentating on a stiff kick. Good man Matt, sh*t on my suspension of disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Whats funny is cole is the one producing mauro through the takeovers along with trips compared to how over produced he is on raw etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I wonder will the quality improve when control is finally wrested from Vince's cold, dead hands. It'll be interesting to see what transpires in terms of direction, and indeed who'll be in charge.

Likely Steph and HHH but who knows?

I really think when it trips and steph it’ll be an in between of nxt and raw production wise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sky88 wrote: »
    I really think when it trips and steph it’ll be an in between of nxt and raw production wise

I'm not sure, initially I'd say they won't rock the boat too much

I've seen HHH in interviews talk about talent who are for NXT or main roster, such as Elias. His gimmick now is geared for the main roster, but would have died a death at Full Sail. He never got much a push at all in NXT, but I'd say you can count on 1 hand the Raws he's missed in 2 years

They're making too much money to go changing things drastically, there's shareholders to think of and they're the real bottom line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Necro wrote: »
    I wonder will the quality improve when control is finally wrested from Vince's cold, dead hands. It'll be interesting to see what transpires in terms of direction, and indeed who'll be in charge.

Likely Steph and HHH but who knows?

It'll be Steph driving it and it will still be the same painful ****e. Punk had no idea how prophetic that promo was going to be.

You can see even now through her dumb tweets that it'll be the media image that will always be number 1 priority over providing actual quality TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It'll be Steph driving it and it will still be the same painful ****e. Punk had no idea how prophetic that promo was going to be.

You can see even now through her dumb tweets that it'll be the media image that will always be number 1 priority over providing actual quality TV.

I don't think anyone knew or even anticipated how prophetic that Punk promo would be 8 years later.

I certainly thought HOLY **** at the time, nothing more, nothing less.

So it turns out and it took me a few watches to spot him, but Erick Rowan is in the video for Amon Amarth's new song Raven's Flight, he appears at the 2:59 mark.

Think Viktor from The Ascension is also in the video.

If Steph runs the main roster and Hunter oversses NXT and NXT:UK, I'd take that!

Omackeral wrote: »
    If Steph runs the main roster and Hunter oversses NXT and NXT:UK, I'd take that!

That would just be the same as it is now though. Look at what they're doing with Black and Richochet on the main roster. Stephanie wouldn't have any more nuos than her oul lad in selling these guys on the main roster.

I'm sick of the product tbh. I spend more time on here writing about it than watching it (which is a sad indication of myself).

• Advertisement

I'm sick of the product tbh. I spend more time on here writing about it than watching it (which is a sad indication of myself).

Me too. Mania is not a priority for me at all but I'd powerbomb my granny if she tried to stop me watching NXT Takeover.

Steph is already the face of the company now Vince only really does the shareholder talks so it’s well in place.

Then you’ve got the question of Shane as well cause no one really knows how involved or not he’s going to be in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If Triple H isn't the guy in charge of the wrestling side of WWE when Vince clocks off then the company deserves all it gets good or bad. I mean look at NXT. It's the best thing WWE do by a mile so why wouldn't Trips not take over Vince's role in the company ? And it seems Trips and Steph hate Kevin Dunn so when they take charge hopefully Kevin will be put out to pasture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Omackeral wrote: »
    I think Mauro is great. He brings a real sporting legitimacy to the table. Makes it feel like a contest rather than #Boss Time or whatever else. He can be a bit of a try hard with his pop culture references but I enjoy them and his word play is great. Really enjoy him and Nigel as a combo.

How is he on MMA and boxing? I haven't heard his work in those areas.

I've heard him call several boxing matches and he's excellent imo

Just realised that this thread is about to reach the 10,000 limit. Been some ride!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    If Triple H isn't the guy in charge of the wrestling side of WWE when Vince clocks off then the company deserves all it gets good or bad. I mean look at NXT. It's the best thing WWE do by a mile so why wouldn't Trips not take over Vince's role in the company ? And it seems Trips and Steph hate Kevin Dunn so when they take charge hopefully Kevin will be put out to pasture.

I think Stephanie is understandably poised to succeed her father so she'll be the one that makes all the decisions. I'm sure H will have more of a say than he has now because he's her husband but ultimately the brand will always come first ahead of storytelling in the WWE.

It's depressing tbh, as I said yesterday Punk had utterly no idea how prophetic that promo would end up being....or maybe he did. He probably did!

Well if Stephanie & Triple H are positioned to take control post Vince, maybe, just maybe they'll be kept occupied to be kept off TV.

Or it could be Stephanie, Triple H & Shane..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Remember in early NXT when Baron Corbin was the next big thing squashing guys for months

All the commentators could talk about was his "presence", something that he just had and it couldn't be thought, whatever it was

Funny old times

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Corbin was also the guy who seemed to come across as a d!ck on Breaking Ground when it was airing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Corbin is the drizzling shíts of wrestling.

It's no coincidence that Raw ratings hit historic lows when that gimp was scattered throughout every show in countless segments as GM for weeks on end and wrestling God awful boring matches as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Baron Corbin from the social media posts I've seen is a sound lad. it's the WWE that makes him and many others sound and look like ****e. the instagram and twitter feeds of the vast majority of WWE superstars are very funny and shows them being normal. If they were allowed be themselves on camera then WWE would be at least watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Corbin was also the guy who seemed to come across as a d!ck on Breaking Ground when it was airing

When I was watching breaking ground even my other half who doesn't watch wrestling much asked who is that asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Murdoch and cade were the revival of their time!

Side note whatever became of the highlanders, a poor poor mans war machine, I know one showed up in tna while under contract to wwe , which I always thought was bad form on tna' s part

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Top 5 matches I'm looking forward to catching over G1/Mania weekend.

1 - Ibushi vs Naito
    2 - ZSJ vs Tanahashi
    3 - White vs Okada
    4 - Gargano vs Cole
    5 - Riddle vs Dream

Honourable mentions to the fatal four way tag match on the G1 card, Ospreay vs Cobb and Murphy vs Nese.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I kinda want to see this match over Mania weekend.

Swoggle-vs-Steiner-696x392.jpg

It won't be as smooth in my head as how I imagine it but if Scott throws him a few times and hits a frankensteiner I'd be happy.

I have higher expectations for Bandido vs Ishimori vs Dragon Lee but the freak show value of the one above fascinates me in a weird way that some promoters get with when booking matches of that type.

Kinda want to see what this is about too
    josh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Barnett vs Suzuki ?!? No idea, all I know is take my money :D

The IWGP 3 way will be great too, forgot about it seens as Ishimori wasn't on the last few days of the tour.

Steiner vs Swoggle in a match with "massacre" in its name? Something tells me they don't have high hopes for Swoggle.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Steiner vs Swoggle in a match with "massacre" in its name? Something tells me they don't have high hopes for Swoggle.

There'll be a few to add to this hopefully

d43SnZ4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Currently in a cheap horrible one bedroom hotel in Amsterdam, watchin raw dubbed in a different language, and by gawd this programme is promo heavy

• Advertisement

I was shocked an appalled at what happened on this week's NXT UK. What are they teaching them over there?

Can you believe they had Isla Dawn watching a tv straight on with the tv turned away from the camera? It's a disgrace

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement