Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Coming out through the crowd makes more sense for Ambrose, not Reigns. Dean dresses like he is off the street, isn't a traditional superstar and is nuts. Reigns is obviously the character looking for respect and is your long term face of WWE. So their entrances should be reversed....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Coming out through the crowd makes more sense for Ambrose, not Reigns. Dean dresses like he is off the street, isn't a traditional superstar and is nuts. Reigns is obviously the character looking for respect and is your long term face of WWE. So their entrances should be reversed....

Personally I think they both should enter via the crowd.

After Rollins defected, I believe Ambrose and Reigns were split too quickly when they could have been still associated with each other, as both are battling the Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Can we all just agree that coming out through the crowd is severely bad ass in general? It's so simple yet so awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    Can we all just agree that coming out through the crowd is severely bad ass in general? It's so simple yet so awesome.

When Edge did it, I never saw it as Bad Ass. The Shield made it look bad ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If you think about why they're coming out through the crowd, Reigns makes the most sense. It's supposed to convey, "You're so ****ed now, you don't know where this guy is coming from and are about to get destroyed." So if Ambrose did it, it'd have to be as a heel in that he's sneaky enough to attack you from any angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »

Great point. If I was cynical I'd say it smacks of "we wanna push Roman more, so he gets the cooler entrance", but it's more likely "Roman kept the song and attire so keep coming through the crowd"

beakerjoe wrote: »

I was thinking more Sandman and the ECW boys invading but yeah I take your point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

there aint enough back stage brawls and locker room brawls in wrestling these days :(. i use to love watching backstage brawls especially during the attitude era and it was also fun to see what it was like "backstage" at raw

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Well Layla and Summer Rae did have a nice little tiff at the make-up table a month ago. Baby steps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if Dixie was watching Monday Night War wanting the next episode to come soon to see what she should and shouldn't do. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

beakerjoe wrote: »

The Shield made stairs badass.

Man I ****ing love stairs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Reigns seems more at one with the crowd so I'm glad he's the one still taking the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Every time I hear Dean Ambrose's new music I expect it to be this instead:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Dean Ambroses music reminds me of a tweeked SCSA's music - I do think they are trying to mold him in Austin's image!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sandow and Bo forming a tag team could be the best thing ever.

Bo helps Sandow to "BO-LIEVE" and break his losing streak.

Then have Sandow start coming out as Damien SanBo?

Are people who are fans of both Bo Dallas and Justin Bieber known as Bo-liebers?

Bo really is an inspiration to us all. I think with Santino now gone, Emma should join Bo so we can Bolieve in Emmalution. That's just the recipe for Emmatainment.

Hmmm, I'm sure I left my coat here somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Remember that time Christian became WHC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Remember that time Christian became WHC?

Which one?

Remember when ECW basically became 'The Christian Show' for the stretch of a year? Match again Jericho, run with Regal, grand auld feud with Swagger and a ladder defense against Benjamin. It was a pretty solid show all-in-all. Well, eventually. Current NXT replaces it nicely, with an even rarer dash of veterans to mix it up.

I was watching WWE Countdown earlier, the one about returns, and I liked that bit of continuity with Jericho's 2007-2010 run. He redebuts against Orton and, 3 years later, even after radical character shifts, is decommissioned by an Orton punt. Then again, it was something of Jericho retrospective night; he redid the 'Man of 1004 holds' promo and jigged it to 'Man of 1004 victories' earlier in the night that saw him list Diesel, Kevin Nash, Oz and Vinnie Vegas. It was somewhere after Oz that I lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Are purple who are fans off both Bo Dallas and Justin Bieber known as Bo-liebers?

Bo really is an inspiration to us all. I think with Santino now gone, Emma should join Bo so we can Bolieve in Emmalution. That's just the recipe for Emmatainment.

Hmmm, I'm sure I left my coat here somewhere.

Emma needs to stay the **** away from Bo Dallas, the chap is destined for greatness.

• Advertisement

Another thought I had was with Daniel Bryan and Punk now out, would now be a good time to bring up another indy guy or 2? Or will they just go with Rollins and Ambrose?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Another thought I had was with Daniel Bryan and Punk now out, would now be a good time to bring up another indy guy or 2? Or will they just go with Rollins and Ambrose?

Who needs fragile Indy men. When you have The Ascension imminent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wouldn't mind seeing The Ascension come up, if only to give any other NXT tag team a run with the titles. Feels like they've had them forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The Ascension are awful and will bomb on the main roster.

Was just thinking the other day, for all the praise NXT gets, hardly any of them go on to big things. The Shield being the obvious exception. Other than them, Cesaro has probably been the biggest success and he is in mid card limbo now so not exactly a roaring success, especially compared to how popular he was only a couple of months ago. Bray Wyatt has been badly exposed as being nowhere near ready for the main event spot he was handed. Rusev and Paige are still new enough. Who else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Was just thinking the other day, for all the praise NXT gets, hardly any of them go on to big things. The Shield being the obvious exception. Other than them, Cesaro has probably been the biggest success and he is in mid card limbo now so not exactly a roaring success, especially compared to how popular he was only a couple of months ago. Bray Wyatt has been badly exposed as being nowhere near ready for the main event spot he was handed. Rusev and Paige are still new enough. Who else?

BECKY LYNCH :pac:

They've a few guys with a bit of buzz that are on NXT TV yet. But Jason Jordan and Mojo Rawley had "Performance Centre" buzz too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That batting average should improve when Generico finally goes to the main roster.

And when Steen, Fergal and Kenta show up.

rovert wrote: »
    BECKY LYNCH :pac:

They've a few guys with a bit of buzz that are on NXT TV yet. But Jason Jordan and Mojo Rawley had "Performance Centre" buzz too.

An awful, awful creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Think you're being a bit harsh. WWE often cools off on a guy's push after an initial superman stage to see how they react and if they still continue to hold their own when the spotlight isn't on them. It's a test and not really a comment on their ability or prospects for the future.

And don't forget Daniel Bryan and Barrett are NXT originals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

leggo wrote: »
    And don't forget Daniel Bryan and Barrett are NXT originals too.

Sure Mr Danielson was already a big name in the likes of ROH and NJPW before he was anywhere near NXT.

Pretty sure I remember him joking in a interview about how weird it was to be playing the rookie when he was used to being treated as the veteran in other promotions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

They should probably come up with a new name for Adam Roses' posse if this article from feminist site Jezebel is to be believed

http://jezebel.com/heres-the-dangerous-and-grotesque-anal-sex-trend-you-ve-1593038946

Possibly something NSFW. But no lurid images are included

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement