Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ambrose reminds me of the brooklyn brawler in his current get up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Erick Rowan contributed more than Wyatt in the EC match, that's how little he did. Could have put Hornswoggle in his place and it would have been the exact same match.

Most of the roster have their best match against Bryan. Punk is probably the only exception as his matches with Cena were always better.

Including the Cena match is really scraping the barrel to find positives.

Wyatt is nowhere close to being as good as people like to pretend. People liked the gimmick and are convincing themselves that he is more than just a gimmick when it isn't the case to date.

Seen a great analogy the other day. They were looking for the Ministry of Darkness but got the Brood.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Erick Rowan contributed more than Wyatt in the EC match, that's how little he did. Could have put Hornswoggle in his place and it would have been the exact same match.

Most of the roster have their best match against Bryan. Punk is probably the only exception as his matches with Cena were always better.

Including the Cena match is really scraping the barrel to find positives.

Wyatt is nowhere close to being as good as people like to pretend. People liked the gimmick and are convincing themselves that he is more than just a gimmick when it isn't the case to date.

Seen a great analogy the other day. They were looking for the Ministry of Darkness but got the Brood.

I loved the Brood!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CSF wrote: »
    I loved the Brood!!!

Whats wrong with getting a Brood.

I miss the blood baths

I loved the Brood!!!

How did Gangrel do? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Are you calling Eric Rowan Christian ? Yikes! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I think the Stardust gimmick will be the making of Cody Rhodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

andyman wrote: »
    I think the Stardust gimmick will be the making of Cody Rhodes.

I think that's Unlikely. First of all, how many attempts have WWE made with Cody Rhodes? He goes from idea to idea and never seems to have anything concrete in stall. Legacy, Dashing Cody Rhodes, Tag Team with Sandow and a few more ideas that Rhodes has been involved with. I mean Cody has wrestled Randy Orton, and feuded with Rey Mysterio(and he even got wins over them), he brought back the classic I.C championship, and did some pretty interesting things. But then WWE pushed him back to the mid-card and he lost all his momentum. Seems to me WWE doesn't have any long term plans for Rhodes which just hinders Rhodes all the time.

Secondly, the Stardust gimmick is kind've lame if i'm being honest. It's bad enough that it practically a copy of his brothers gimmick. But Rhodes doesn't pull it off the way Dustin pulls of the Goldust gimmick. Goldust was great for it's time because it was unique and interesting, and Dustin Runnells/Rhodes played the character perfectly. Stardust is a poor man's Goldust.

Thirdly, Any gimmick like this is destined to end up a mid-card gimmick for life, Like Goldust was. Even though Goldust was red hot at one point in his prime, he never achieved the heights he could have, which leads me to believe WWE doesn't have an interest in pushing gimmicks like that. Some strange gimmicks WWE might be ok with like Undertaker, Kane and Bray Wyatt. But strange gimmicks like Goldust/Stardust and Raven, which WWE never seems to understand never get much appreciation from WWE.

Finally, Stardust feels like yet another temporary idea that will have Rhodes doing something, but nothing will come from it. I doubt Cody Rhodes is going to keep the gimmick forever tbh. So I predict within another few months time Rhodes will have dropped the Stardust gimmick, and doing something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Cody Rhodes was soo much better when he was wearing the protective mask back in 2011.

The Stardust character is horrendous from what I've seen. Less than a year ago Cody was insanely over and would have easily slotted into an upper card role. I think it was the match where he and Goldust won their jobs back, his popularity was at an all time high and WWE just didn't even try anything with him afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Bo Dallas - who is gonna take away the streak?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The Stardust character is horrendous from what I've seen. Less than a year ago Cody was insanely over and would have easily slotted into an upper card role. I think it was the match where he and Goldust won their jobs back, his popularity was at an all time high and WWE just didn't even try anything with him afterwards.

Completely agree :eek:

But seriously, yeah. Cody was over like a mofo even going back to MITB, crowd was behind him big time and even then when they won the tag titles, they got a massive pop and you could have done a long feud with the Authority/the Shield and for whatever reason, they chose to give up on him and back to the mid card and obscurity he went.

It's unfortunate because he's a talented guy, good wrestler, good on the mic and still young.

The Stardust stuff is entertaining in a sort of low-mid card comedy act...but that's all it's ever capable of becoming.

Nobody, he's going all the way baayybaaay!!!

I hope so :) one of my favourite performers in the company at the moment.

Roman Reigns is doing nothing for me in his singles run.

His mic work is sub-par, we've barely seen anything to suggest he can wrestle for 20-25 minutes and if you've seen him in the ring once, you've seen him everytime.

I think he's being over pushed and i'm already bored of him being Cena version 2.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Roman Reigns is doing nothing for me in his singles run.

His mic work is sub-par, we've barely seen anything to suggest he can wrestle for 20-25 minutes and if you've seen him in the ring once, you've seen him everytime.

I think he's being over pushed and i'm already bored of him being Cena version 2.

Someone said it yesterday, we'll all be bored of his 2 moves this time next year. He could do with a manager of some sort, I just don't know who.

Someone said it yesterday, we'll all be bored of his 2 moves this time next year. He could do with a manager of some sort, I just don't know who.

Think he could benefit from having Flair by his side maybe?

Think he could benefit from having Flair by his side maybe?

2 completely different personalities, I don't think it would work.

I hope so :) one of my favourite performers in the company at the moment.

Me too!!!

• Advertisement

I think the booking is questionable too.

Fans don't want to see a Superman, a Boring Invincible Hero if you like. It's been done to death with Hogan, Warrior and Cena for the past 10 years.

For me a great babyface is one that fans relate to, one that's like a real person, who has vulnerabilities.

The more Daniel Bryan got screwed over, the more he got beat up, the more people got behind him. Same deal with Austin. Austin still lost matches and got his ass kicked as much as he kicked ass. Didn't matter at all.

People are behind Dean Ambrose because he's compelling, realistic and he has a motivation people can relate to. Revenge. We've all been stabbed in the back at some point in our lives. We can get behind him.

Reigns just strolls around "I ASSESS AND I ATTACK". Yawn.

Protecting a guy is one thing. WWE take it to extremes and it does more damage in the long run imo.

I think he's just finding his feet. He was never that significant a worker in the Shield compared the other 2 and very quickly he was launched into having to carry his own show right at the too if the card, would benefit a lot from some matches against a Daniel Bryan/CM Punk kind of guy (but since they're not around Ambrose, Rollins, Sheamus or Cesaro would do fine) where the match is always likely to be of great quality.

Matches against Kane, Cena, Orton and then HHH aren't destined to set the world off about how great he is in the ring.

He was always enjoyable in his role in the 6 man tags but that's a much easier job than having to go it alone.

I think he's just finding his feet. He was never that significant a worker in the Shield compared the other 2 and very quickly he was launched into having to carry his own show right at the too if the card, would benefit a lot from some matches against a Daniel Bryan/CM Punk kind of guy (but since they're not around Ambrose, Rollins, Sheamus or Cesaro would do fine) where the match is always likely to be of great quality.

Matches against Kane, Cena, Orton and then HHH aren't destined to set the world off about how great he is in the ring.

He was always enjoyable in his role in the 6 man tags but that's a much easier job than having to go it alone.

You are correct, he is just finding his feet. My point is he's being overpushed, he's having a lot of pressure put on him. I don't believe he is ready at all and WWE are not helping at all as you say. He should be wrestling 1v1 matches on Main Event and Smackdown every week. Give him some character and a chance to connect with fans other then simply spearing and punching everything that moves. He is getting good reactions, not great reactions. But fans will tire of seeing the same thing week after week.

Build him slowly, matches with the likes of Cesaro, Del Rio(yes he's boring but he's a good ring worker and Reigns could benefit working with him).

You are correct, he is just finding his feet. My point is he's being overpushed, he's having a lot of pressure put on him. I don't believe he is ready at all and WWE are not helping at all as you say. He should be wrestling 1v1 matches on Main Event and Smackdown every week. Give him some character and a chance to connect with fans other then simply spearing and punching everything that moves. He is getting good reactions, not great reactions. But fans will tire of seeing the same thing week after week.

Build him slowly, matches with the likes of Cesaro, Del Rio(yes he's boring but he's a good ring worker and Reigns could benefit working with him).

I agree, I remember saying as much about him while he was still in the Shield.

Bryan's injury meant they were gonna rush someone before they were ready though.

Has Roman Reigns been pinned or made submit at any point in WWE actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I think distancing him from Ambrose so quickly is doing him a lot of harm as well.

Honestly I think the best thing they could've done to get him over as a big face would be to tease him having a shot at the big time and then have him throw it away at the last minute to bail Ambrose out of some serious ****. Keeps him away from the title before he's ready without making him look weak in the ring AND makes him seem like great guy to root for.

That's pure babyface right there, I get that they wouldn't want them staying too chummy so they can fight later but right now it would make a lot more sense than the way it's playing out with Reigns seemingly forgetting about the whole thing.

Has Roman Reigns been pinned or made submit at any point in WWE actually?

Elimination Chamber is the last time I remember.

Elimination Chamber is the last time I remember.

Was he pinned in that match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Was he pinned in that match?

He was. He went down in a 3-on-1 deal after Ambrose went MIA and Rollins got dumped outside, I believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement