Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A few have mentioned Heyman and how Cesaro, Ryback and Axel didn't get a decent push thanks to him but tbh I don't think it was Heyman lobbying to manage those guys or Heyman who decided how those pushes. As others have said it was WWE Creative dropping the ball on these things and that all three were simply used as after thoughts by creative when booking Heyman i.e The were always booking Heyman with either Punk or Brock in mind and those other guys were just there while those 2 were not there (or while they waited for one to return to face the other) and the WWE never intended on pushing them too much during their run with Heyman. Axel they simply wanted to establish on the roster and Ryback they wanted to stop his slide from the main event but neither was ever the focus. Similarily Cesaro I believe they are just holding off on, they probably know he is ready but (stupidly) didn't want him getting over too much when they were about to focus on pushing several other people and his push will probably come after the next mania when he eventually goes face. If they knew Bryan was going to get injured perhaps that would have been different and they may not have had him remain heel when the crowd were almost turning him face without WWEs imput pre mania

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I actually like Reigns' mic work. It's simple and to the point and suits his character. He doesn't need to be a guy who can make a great 5 minute promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Reigns could suffer like Orton did when he won his first World Title. Remember he was scheduled for the Mania main event then ended up just running out of steam as time went on as a big face. It's a big ask for someone that young to keep themselves fresh and relevant on that long run up, even Daniel Bryan seemed to struggle at times. There's a lot still to play for there, I don't think he has the Mania 31 main event in the bag at all yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd rather see Reigns vs The Rock, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You are correct, he is just finding his feet. My point is he's being overpushed, he's having a lot of pressure put on him. I don't believe he is ready at all and WWE are not helping at all as you say. He should be wrestling 1v1 matches on Main Event and Smackdown every week. Give him some character and a chance to connect with fans other then simply spearing and punching everything that moves. He is getting good reactions, not great reactions. But fans will tire of seeing the same thing week after week.

Build him slowly, matches with the likes of Cesaro, Del Rio(yes he's boring but he's a good ring worker and Reigns could benefit working with him).

There are only so many people he can face so having him in random singles matches two or three times a week would be a waste. He would either end up in a Del Rio situation where he faces the same few people every time, or he would run out of opponents. That is what house shows should be used for. Stick him in with Cesaro for a while, then Rollins, then even Cena. It doesn't matter they are both babyface, it's a house show. Nobody will care but it will given Reigns some much needed practice. It also won't matter if he screws up. He can fix it the next night.

• Advertisement

If Rusev v Swagger happens at Summerslam, Swagger should tap him out clean in the middle.

They've found something with him and Zeb. Strike while the iron is hot.

Also, serious kudos to Rusev for selling the hurt ankle. It's only a little thing but look at those who don't do it(coughCenacough) and it puts Swagger and the Patriot Lock over.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lesnar needs to destroy Cena at SummerSlam and everyone he faces till they find the right person to take the belt off him!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was saying the same to my brother. Because how would it look if his first PPV match after beating the streak, he lost clean?

He ain't losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think he will win clean though either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CSF wrote: »

He shouldnt just out right whip Cena, but he has to win clean!

(Die Cena Die)

If he beat Taker clean, he can definitely beat Cena clean.

And he should too.

If he loses, or doesn't win decisively, him winning at WM is rendered meaningless. And that will piss a lot of people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think its made for D Bryan to come back and beat Lesnar. The Authority's ultimate weapon against D Bryan for the gold. They could also play up on Bryan's recent neck injury and try have Brock break it :eek:

also id love wwe to use Heath Slater more that guy is just plain funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

If Cena beats Brock at SS the cosmos will implode.

No amount of CenaWinsLOL can cover that, he HAS to lose.

The fact Lesnar is working at NoC would make you wonder though.

I should state I in no way think Cena will beat Lesnar at SummerSlam.

But if Lesnar looks weak selling Cena's pretty sh1tty looking 5 moves of doom or his weak ass STFU then the WWE can kiss goodbye to any momentum going forward with Lesnar.

Lesnar needs to dominate and destory Cena and in no way look weak doing so if the WWE want to pull off a huge Wrestlemania Event (payday).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

If he appears every two weeks on RAW and wrestle at every single PPV then I will be fine with Lesnar as champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Champion has to be there most weeks IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lesnar wins at SS. Holds it to Mania, gets beaten by Daniel Bryan who won the Rumble

Let Roman Reigns face his cousin The Rock at Mania

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Champion has to be there most weeks IMO

Disagree.

For large chunks of 2013, the champion wasn't the focus of the show. At the first few shows this year, the championship wasn't the main focus either; The Shield and the Wyatts often overshadowed it, ending shows and such.

If there's another top level storyline in the works (for instance, Reigns vs The Authority), and Heyman is there most weeks to act as the voice, then it could actually work to WWE's benefit if it's champion isn't there. It's been a long time since the WWE Champion was genuinely presented as being on another level to everyone else, and a champion who only makes "Special Appearances" could mean that the titles actually get a bit of prestige back....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Does anyone see any value in mentioning Cena and Lesnar's history en route to Summerslam?

I kinda like the idea of it being sold as a rubber match. At Backlash 2003 and Extreme Rules 2012, Lesnar outright dominated, but Cena's veteran instincts won out in the latter because, on repeated occasions within that match, Lesnar was too busy killing Cena to even bother looking for a fall; Cena's win came out as somewhat flukey. Heyman mentioning that fact could be gold, but I'd fear it'd somewhat eat into Brock's only recently full-recovered monster aura post-WM30.

I don't think the champion needs to be there every week.

If they want to return prestige to the World Championship then he needs to be someone who is special nearly unattainable that only the best of the best get a chance to fight.

I would nearly go back to the 80's with the World Title that the champion only defends at the big 4 PPV's and getting a shot at the champion is made a deal of again.

If done right Lesnar if the prefect man to do this with.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Heard the most hardcore wrestling conversation out the back of Massimos in Galway today...Had to involve some Galway based wrestling boardsies! Non stop for a good 2 hours.. I would have said hello but my wrestling knowledge would have paled in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Just occurred to me that Paige's P.T.O is a play on "Please Turn Over".

Durrrrrrrrrrrr :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Just occurred to me that Paige's P.T.O is a play on "Please Turn Over".

Durrrrrrrrrrrr :pac:
    Completely off topic but a few months back I was doing some programmingish labs in college and the class had an assignment sheet which had a kind of template code they had to copy and build upon. At the bottom of the first page was "P.T.O.", a good few included it and hadn't a clue why their code wasn't working.

The plan as of last Mania was surely almost certainly:
    Bryan defends until Summerslam, first in an awful feud with Kane, then maybe one of Hunter/Batista/Bray?
    Brock wins at either Summerslam or Night of Champions (NoC being an option due to that being the renewal point for many subscriptions)
    Brock defends at the Rumble, Reigns wins the Rumble
    Reigns wins at Mania to become possibly maybe the new top guy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Far too many rollup victories these days. Stinks of laziness IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Far too many rollup victories these days. Stinks of laziness IMO.

They did to do more backslide after a distraction finishes. Spice it up a bit. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did the Miz just steal Hornswoggle's latest gimmick?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I do like Rybaxel

I also like Hornswoggle

So I enjoyed this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Still dreaming about a Ryback world title run.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement