Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

If TNA manage to stay in business, I would like to see EC3 have a run with TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He has that really catchy entrance music as well

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Trouble, trouble, trouble...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Anyone else think the scattergun pattern of where WWE's shows are being staged is a bit crazy?
    They'll have gone from Florida all the way up to Washington state, and back down to LA in under two weeks. Would make so much more sense to have gone to Texas/Arizona instead of Washington.
    Think I also remember them gone straight from Texas to Conneticut or NY recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone else think the scattergun pattern of where WWE's shows are being staged is a bit crazy?
    They'll have gone from Florida all the way up to Washington state, and back down to LA in under two weeks. Would make so much more sense to have gone to Texas/Arizona instead of Washington.
    Think I also remember them gone straight from Texas to Conneticut or NY recently too.

Yeah it's crazy at times, it'd make a lot more sense to go state to state. They were here in Canada recently and went from Windsor to Toronto which is about 4-5 hours then down to the northern US state, that makes sense. I guess it depends on the venues as well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Was watching the Best of Nitro on the Network earlier. Had a match with Sting vs Flair (the one in the shopping mall, where Luger returns to WCW from WWF)

Anyhow, Sting was stone mad for the press slams! He must have slammed Flair 30 times in the match!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

WWE only care about making money. Doesnt matter how it effects the actual employees. Two cities on opposite sides of the country will draw more fans than two cities an hour apart. Less choice for the fans means they have to go to the single show or miss out altogether.

I do wonder will any tag team beat Paul London and Brian Kendrick's tag team title reign? there are longest reigning WWE tag team champions in history.

I think only reason why Brian Kendrick and Paul London held tag team titles for so long because lack of tag teams in Smackdown's tag team division at the time. There were pretty much best tag team in division by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

mxph3 wrote: »
    I do wonder will any tag team beat Paul London and Brian Kendrick's tag team title reign? there are longest reigning WWE tag team champions in history.

I think only reason why Brian Kendrick and Paul London held tag team titles for so long because lack of tag teams in Smackdown's tag team division at the time. There were pretty much best tag team in division by default.

Longest reign yet it meant nothing, says it all about the team and the rest of the tag division of that time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really enjoyed their reign, but yeah, they didn't have much in the way of competition for much of it. KC James & Idol Stevens were a bit of a flop. They had that fatal four way match with Regal and Taylor, MNM, and the Hardys, but Nitro and Mercury were on different shows, as were Matt and Jeff so that was never gonna last.

I don't really remember any other teams until Deuce and Domino won the titles from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It meant so little it was ended on a random Smackdown to some bums who had a 1950s gimmick at the time I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, that was Deuce and Domino.

Ah, Cherry. We miss you every day.

To me WWE's tag team division went downhill after Attitude Era since you started to see throw together tag teams like Booker T & RVD, Renee Dupree & Kenzo, etc as tag team champions.

Thank god WWE's tag team division manage to come alive again back in 2012 and onwards.

mxph3 wrote: »
    To me WWE's tag team division went downhill after Attitude Era since you started to see throw together tag teams like Booker T & RVD, Renee Dupree & Kenzo, etc as tag team champions.

Thank god WWE's tag team division manage to come alive again back in 2012 and onwards

Where it has slightly improved its wont say its great by any stretch of the imagination. While we have the odd great match, I cant remember the last great tag feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I still believe Cesaro will be a main eventer in WWE.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I still believe Cesaro will be a main eventer in WWE.

He needs a personality. Hes basically in the same spot Ziggler was in only up until recently. He can go in the ring and has fans backing, yet he hasnt developed on screen much if at all since WM and is making others look good at his characters expense by losing week in week out.

He has the look, size and in ring skills to be a Main Eventer, yet his persona is non existent.

And why the WWE has took the Swing off him Ill never know, it was super over (though in kayfabe terms, its a shocking move as he gets just as dizzy as his opponent, whats the point? )

I have the same thoughts as Joe on this one. As great as he is in the ring, he's personality lets him down. At the same token, one oculd argue the WWE hasn't given him chances to show much personality.

Another thing I'd sort out if I was him is the thinning hair issue. That really does need to go ASAP.

Push Kane out of the picture and have him be the Authorities muscle for a while.

Then he can turn face down the line.

You're right that he's short in the charisma department though. And that's pretty much the Number 1 trait WWE look for.

Was watching some old WWF/E recently and forgot how much I love a good top rope leg drop. Fandango is the only one in recent memory that does this move and I love it.

Grandmasta Sexay, Matt Hardy (well from the 2nd rope) and best of all Kenny Dykstra all did great TRLDs and its a shame I dont see more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Does Seth Rollins remind anyone else of Edge when he 1st went heel aswell or is it just me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Was watching some old WWF/E recently and forgot how much I love a good top rope leg drop. Fandango is the only one in recent memory that does this move and I love it.

Grandmasta Sexay, Matt Hardy (well from the 2nd rope) and best of all Kenny Dykstra all did great TRLDs and its a shame I dont see more.

In regards to Matt Hardy's leg drop from the second rope. Me and a mate of mine who's also a big wrestling fan, always laugh our arses off at Matt Hardy doing the led drop from the second rope whenever we watch old wrestling videos. We always thought it was a bit lame tbh, so whenever he did it, one of us, or both of us would shout "Team Xtreme" whenever he hit it. Which of course was a bit of a jab at Matt.

Does Seth Rollins remind anyone else of Edge when he 1st went heel aswell or is it just me

More HBK circa 1992-1993 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Showed a workmate who hasn't watched wrestling in years a Dean Ambrose promo. His response "he's Mankind mixed with Austin"

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

beakerjoe wrote: »

One of the most dangerous moves to do in fairness, it's why we don't see it too often. Fandango never did it at house shows, he'd save it for TV. It's an unforgiving move to land on your tailbone like that and so easy to get injured landing like that - not to mention if you are slightly off place you can serious damage your opponent (Remember Triple H's throat swelling up at Survivor Series 2002?).

Moneymaker wrote: »
    More HBK circa 1992-1993 ish.

Seth needs a mullet ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Hogans back is knackered mainly due to the standing leg drop. He says that it compressed his spine to the point he went down a few inches in height. I don't know if the height part it true but his back is fcuked from it.

Top rope leg drop is definitely a career shortener. Wouldn't expect to see to many do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hogans back is knackered mainly due to the standing leg drop. He says that it compressed his spine to the point he went down a few inches in height. I don't know if the height part it true but his back is fcuked from it.

Top rope leg drop is definitely a career shortener. Wouldn't expect to see to many do it.

Austin said on his podcast he made shit of his back from doing the stunner night after night as well. You're dropping all your weight on your tailbone so I can't imagine that gets easier after doing it multiple times a week for years on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

Torrie Wilson said the same thing about the xfactor she used to do

• Advertisement

Roman Reigns should turn heel before Dean Ambrose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement